First time Elite status

gunnywife

13 minutes ago, gunnywife said:

what exactly  is in the complimentary mini bar set up?

It's several little bottles of booze, like on planes, and some sparkling water and soda. We trade ours in for two coffee packages, which we really like.

• Like 1

8 x 50ml of spirits. Normally 2 gin, 2 scotch, 2 vodka, 2 brandy. 2 bottles beer, normally Dos Equis

6 cans of soda, 2 bottles water, 2 bottles sparkling water.

In total 10 alcoholic and 10 non alcoholic beverages. Alcoholic  can be traded for other alcoholic beverages, example 8 more beers. Alcoholic can also be traded for non alcoholic. The entire mini bar can be traded for two coffee packages or one bottle of wine.

Call room service for trades.

The actual makeup of the mini bar used to be pretty standard but these days it's hard to guess what you will actually get. They seem to be "out of" a number of items on some sailings and they just substitute whatever they have on hand. Normally you can swap the items for others. For instance they provide absolutely terrible Scotch and, in normal times, you could swap that for more Cognac or whatever. Some people would swap the entire thing for water or swap all the liquor for more beer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skynight said:

8 x 50ml of spirits. Normally 2 gin, 2 scotch, 2 vodka, 2 brandy. 2 bottles beer, normally Dos Equis

6 cans of soda, 2 bottles water, 2 bottles sparkling water.

In total 10 alcoholic and 10 non alcoholic beverages.

There is that much in the mini bar setup?!

2 hours ago, Loritd said:

We trade it for half water and half diet cokes. Cost wise Princess comes out ahead but we don't drink hard liquor, just beer.

Then why not switch the alcohol for all beer?  We swap out for 10 beer and 10 Perrier/Pelligrino.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes.  10 + 10.

59 minutes ago, SiliconCruiser said:

Wow, gotta find two more cheap cruises ...

That's what's nice about a B2B. You get one setup for each segment.

If you are Elite and in a suite, you get two setups for each segment. And if you also have Princess Plus🙂

On 8/20/2022 at 3:22 PM, gunnywife said:

what exactly  is in the complimentary mini bar set up?

Princess Mini-Bar Setup info

The selections of items in the mini-bar can vary. This is what it has been on

our previous cruises:

Alcoholic

2 - mini-bottles Cognac

2 - mini-bottles Gin

2 - mini-bottles Vodka

2 - mini-bottles Scotch Whisky

2 - 12 ounce cans of beer

Non-Alcoholic

2 - 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water

2 - 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola

2 - 12 ounce cans of Sprite

2 - 0.5 liter bottles of water

2 - 11 ounce bottles of Perrier

You can exchange any alcoholic item for any other alcoholic or non-alcoholic item on a one-for-one basis.

You can exchange any non-alcoholic item for any other non-alcoholic item on a one-for-one basis.

You can also exchange the entire setup for ONE of the following

1 - bottle of wine (limited selection)
2 - coffee packages

8 - 1.5 liter bottles of water

• Like 1

Princess Elite Mini-bar 

Question:What will my mini-bar consist of?
Answer:Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each ofCognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2)12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ouncebottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question:What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-bar stocked?
Answer:Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks, beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question:Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?
Answer:You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of wine valued at $40 or less.

Question:Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles of liquor?
Answer:No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on a one-on-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question:Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar for alcohol?
Answer:No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

Question:What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?
Answer:If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will be happy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following: 

• Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis
  • Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) New Grounds Coffee Package 
  • All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have had 3 mini bar set ups this year on 3 different cruises. All 3 set ups included 8 mini bottles. "2 Gin, 2 Vodka, & 4 Scotch Whiskey." They little fridge had Water, Tonic, Fizzy Water, Coke, Sprite, & Beer.  On the Caribbean Princess I was able to exchange my Scotch Whiskey for Barcardi Rum.  I could not exchange the Scotch Whiskey for Rum on the Discovery Princess.  However, I could have exchanged them for Vodka & Gin.  I also exchanged my Sprite for Diet Sprite. That is my only experience with the mini bar set up so far.  Call Room Service on your stateroom phone to make any changes.

On 8/20/2022 at 9:54 PM, Steelers36 said:

Then why not switch the alcohol for all beer?  We swap out for 10 beer and 10 Perrier/Pelligrino.

On the most recent sailing of the Caribbean Princess, room service told me that they did not have Perrier/San Pellegrino. All they had to offer for fizzy water was club soda in small cans.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, geoherb said:

On the most recent sailing of the Caribbean Princess, room service told me that they did not have Perrier/San Pellegrino. All they had to offer for fizzy water was club soda in small cans.  

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I love my San Pellegrino before bed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cdrmer said:

If on a 15 day cruise, is the mini bar "doubled" to 16-4-4-4-4-4?

5 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Nope. It's one setup per sailing, regardless of whether it's a one night sailing or 35 night sailing. One setup per sailing. 

There is an exception to the above.  If a longer sailing is actually comprised of two or more shorter voyages sold as such, then a new setup is provided at the start of each new segment.  For example, we will have three setups on our 7+7+11 in October.  

• Like 1