Updated Protocols

8 minutes ago, Zawmor said:

Is this a RCI confirmed response or do I have to check with them for sure?

Each cruise is considered a separate trip, and they haven't been testing B2Bers since the spring.

If they do decide they want a test for the second leg all of a sudden after six months of not testing for the second leg, they'll provide the test for free on the last full day of the first leg.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Blur said:

Lol... Why even bother if it's the following

"

Accepted Tests

Guests can now take advantage of at-home antigen tests (even unsupervised ones!) to satisfy this requirement. Proof of a negative test can be the printed or digital results, a clear photo of your self-test result, or your actual self-test in hand. To learn more about our accepted tests, visit our FAQ."

Liability.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jimdalva said:

I am double vaxed and double boosted, Plus Ive had Covid (very mild). I feel very safe to cruise. Anti Vaxers are the ones at risk. The latest variants , tho more contagious, are rather mild. However the original variant is still out there and is deadly for the Un Vaxed.

The original is virtually gone.  I know of no place that it  even shows up anymore in testing.

• Like 3

Just to be sure..

We had the 2 stab of Pfizer in March of 21' and our 8 night cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale is Labadee, Aruba, and Curacao leaving in December.  We have NOT been stabbed again.  Are we good to go?

Remember, even smart people ask dumb questions occasionally.  Tho some may question my smartness.

Thanks,

XRAY

50 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Until you end up booted from your balcony cabin on day 3 of 9 and end up in inside deck 3 quarantine. 

You're also assuming same quarantine rules apply and that royal will even check you... Since no regulations they can just look the other way or just treat your symptoms and send you back out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sadly, there are some people who will sail even if sick.  They feel they have paid their money and nobody will stop them.  One of the women who check folks in at embarkation told us about a man who after filling out his boarding form stating all was well, had hardly stepped away from the counter when he slumped over and began to vomit.  Employees rushed to his aid and found him to be feverish yet he still became outraged when denied boarding.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jschultz0829 said:

Accepted Tests

Guests can now take advantage of at-home antigen tests (even unsupervised ones!) to satisfy this requirement. Proof of a negative test can be the printed or digital results, a clear photo of your self-test result, or your actual self-test in hand. To learn more about our accepted tests, visit our FAQ.

The other silly part is that most of the self administered tests say that they are no longer considered accurate after 30 minutes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dada2199cc said:

I booked 10 cruises now through Dec 2023 and we are booking more.

I am unvaccinated as is everyone I know (I do that on purpose).

We do not plan on testing after we are on the ship.

I've had COVID-19 3 times, never been an issue.  I've had the flu/cold zero times since 2019 -- usually have it once a year.

I'm ready to cruise.  Booking one for October 2022 right now!

I am vaccinated but DW can't for health reasons so I've been cruising solo.  While cruising solo is great, I missed having my wife along.  We have a cruise booked together for Nov so I've been keeping on top of this to figure out what I need to do to get her to go with me.  This makes things so much simpler!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Things are changing again….

if you are vaccinated you no longer need testing for sailings of 9 nights or less.

B9EDE9A2-3D5A-4604-AFA8-C085A2D9FAED.jpeg

But the bigger news unless I'm not reading it correctly, one can sail without being vaxxed.

My big concern is the last sentence of "vaccination Recommended" which asks to disclose status of at check to maintain a highly vaxxed onboard population.  This seems a bit late and problematic since you check-in 30-45 prior to sail.

I guess, now I can plan a cruise with my  unvavaxxed granddaughters who are 12+

Edited by nelblu
  • Thanks 1

I rolled the dice a few weeks ago, balcony for 4….2 were able and 2 were unable at that time to cruise…it appears there were changes today and we now can all breathe a little relief and start losing those covid pounds to look good on our 8 day cruise in Nov!!!! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dropping the testing requirements are subject to the regulations of the countries/ports you are visiting.  Our October cruise stops in Canada, and they still require vaccination and a negative Covid test prior to boarding.  Just got an e-mail from RC stating this.

2 hours ago, Blur said:

Lol... Why even bother if it's the following

"

Accepted Tests

Guests can now take advantage of at-home antigen tests (even unsupervised ones!) to satisfy this requirement. Proof of a negative test can be the printed or digital results, a clear photo of your self-test result, or your actual self-test in hand. To learn more about our accepted tests, visit our FAQ."

Where did you find this? I haven’t seen it. Don’t want to miss anything. 

2 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I agree with you. The part of me that thinks it’s a pain to get tested in time is happy but there’s another part of me that’s really worried about what’s going to happen. I tested positive after a cruise last April and I got really sick.

We did a B2B in March and we both tested negative on the day before TAD and never got covid or even a cold when we returned home. No eason to test when we returned home. RT flights to SJ with layover and precruise hotel included. I guess we are part of the small group that hasn't had covid. Both of us are vaccinated 4Xs. Personal preference. Hopefully soon all intinaries will no longer require pre cruise testing. 

11 minutes ago, Janet524 said:

Dropping the testing requirements are subject to the regulations of the countries/ports you are visiting.  Our October cruise stops in Canada, and they still require vaccination and a negative Covid test prior to boarding.  Just got an e-mail from RC stating this.

Same for our September Celebrity NE/Canada cruise. 

26 minutes ago, nelblu said:

My big concern is the last sentence of "vaccination Recommended" which asks to disclose status of at check to maintain a highly vaxxed onboard population.  This seems a bit late and problematic since you check-in 30-45 prior to sail.

I noticed that as well. When I made our reservations for our NYE cruise, the rep asked us our vax status, so maybe they're collecting that info up front? I wonder if they still plan to have some kind of vaxed to unvaxed ratio? Anyone else reading it that way?

1 hour ago, xray0111 said:

Just to be sure..

We had the 2 stab of Pfizer in March of 21' and our 8 night cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale is Labadee, Aruba, and Curacao leaving in December.  We have NOT been stabbed again.  Are we good to go?

Remember, even smart people ask dumb questions occasionally.  Tho some may question my smartness.

Thanks,

XRAY

Why do you say ‘stabbed’ and not (e.g.) ‘poked’? Are you being facetious or implying that you very reluctantly got vaccinated — and NO BOOSTERS?

17 minutes ago, GetToLivin said:

I noticed that as well. When I made our reservations for our NYE cruise, the rep asked us our vax status, so maybe they're collecting that info up front? I wonder if they still plan to have some kind of vaxed to unvaxed ratio? Anyone else reading it that way?

There was a thread a month or so ago, that quoted Bayley mentioning a target of 80/20.  However, they should ask the question at booking time and not at check-in as to have better control.

Edited by nelblu

2 minutes ago, nelblu said:

There was a thread a month or so ago, that quoted Bayley mentioning a target of 80/20.  However, they should ask the question at booking time and not at check-in as to have better control.

I couldn't agree more - it'd be so heartbreaking to get nixed after being "allowed" to book in the first place. 

kidz_rn..I'm sure you know that neither stabbed or poked are correct terminologies but both have been used in descriptions.  I'll let it go at that.  We were vaccinated because our jobs required it.  Boosters have not been mandated for either of us by our employers.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, packedandready said:

Where did you find this? I haven’t seen it. Don’t want to miss anything. 

It was in an email most of us just got from Royal Caribbean.  Sounds like it's also also posted on their website.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill29708 said:

anyone know why we now have to pay 40$ and register with the government of the Bahamas prior to going on a three-day cruise?

Are you sure that’s Bahamas? I see the requirement for Bermuda. Can you share the link? 

• Like 1