Upper Suite Benefits

oh2cruise

46 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I've watched a couple of Harr Travel videos touring different cabins. I know that Danny occasionally talks about having your butler draw a bath - but I just can't picture someone filling a tub for me. But, that's just me!

Tom

It's not just you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, t18c97 said:

Same go for Danny saying they’ll unpack and pack for you. Once said I wanted our host to pack and got a you kidding look, which I was.

Once upon a time, it was a standard--and expected-- service for the stewards to unpack for their assigned passengers. I believe that practice started disappearing in the 90s? Still happening when my in-laws were cruising. I remember one gal on these boards--a fashion board, of course--complaining that her steward had actually tried to unpack her luggage! The outrage of him actually handling her unmentionables!! And that was amidst people bemoaning how the good ol' days of cruising were no more, lol.

8 hours ago, PKB said:

Will be in a Celebrity Suite on Reflection and placed a move up bid to Royal Suite.  SO EXCITED!  

Have read butler will draw a bath for you.  Does butler add anything to the water?  Bath bombs or oils or some other fragrant stuff?  Can I bring my own bath bombs?  I know with some jetted tubs bubbles are not allowed.  

Bath bombs, oils, all fine. Dunno about loose rose petals.*  IF it's a soaking tub, not jetted.  On our last few--X and elsewhere--the bath amenities included the above. Wasn't it Celebrity that had, along with the rest of the Bulgari products, bowls of various bath salts and a scoop? The Himalayan salts WOULD NOT dissolve, lol. Plus the bath products sold in the spas are meant to be used in you stateroom onboard. 

I would say keep asking your concierge before you travel, until you get a definitive answer.

*Purchase or bring from home sachets of rose petals, lavender, rosemary, oatmeal--just hang them over the tub's faucet or throw into the water. Shops in some ports offer lovely stuff, oils, etc. (Slovenia: salts!)

Edited by sofietucker

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2023 at 3:33 PM, t18c97 said:

Same go for Danny saying they’ll unpack and pack for you. Once said I wanted our host to pack and got a you kidding look, which I was.

I had a truly amazing stateroom attendant in a FV on Millennium last year who offered to help me pack when he knew I was rushing to finish up after dinner and doing it alone. I declined but he was really exceptional. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2023 at 6:46 PM, sofietucker said:

Once upon a time, it was a standard--and expected-- service for the stewards to unpack for their assigned passengers. I believe that practice started disappearing in the 90s? Still happening when my in-laws were cruising. I remember one gal on these boards--a fashion board, of course--complaining that her steward had actually tried to unpack her luggage! The outrage of him actually handling her unmentionables!! And that was amidst people bemoaning how the good ol' days of cruising were no more, lol.

On 1/27/2023 at 3:12 PM, sbcs5390 said:

I had a truly amazing stateroom attendant in a FV on Millennium last year who offered to help me pack when he knew I was rushing to finish up after dinner and doing it alone. I declined but he was really exceptional. 

Can so identify!  Don't want anyone touching my unmentionables, besides DH and me!  🙂

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

Can so identify!  Don't want anyone touching my unmentionables, besides DH and me!  🙂

I certainly love being pampered on a cruise...but I have to agree, it's a no from me on the unpacking! 

• Like 3

• 8 months later...
On 8/23/2022 at 5:36 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

There is no included thermal suite for merely booking a RS or PS but strangely, it is part of the aqua class...strangely in that at the RS and PS price point, I would think the thermal suite is a logical perk.

The last time we were in a RS we were invited to several sail away parties on the helo deck and we most certainly received special attention in both Luminae and Murano...mostly in the form of receiving nice wine that wasn't necessarily on the by the glass menu.  One time we were offered a bottle of Caymus that was rejected by another guest when it was opened.  It tasted wonderful to me...but each his own.

We have cruised only in PS in M and S class since Restart. Thermal suite is not included but it does not hurt to ask.  The worst response you can get is "no", but maybe you will get a "yes".  (Yup, the price point can be mind-boggling 😂). Sailaway invites are common for the RS & PS; Luminae can pay special attention to to Upper Suites.  (Now if I can just figure out how to get  our shoreside concierge to response to my email she requested 2 weeks ago without giving giving her "athletes scalp) by going to her superior...🤣)

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

We have cruised only in PS in M and S class since Restart. Thermal suite is not included but it does not hurt to ask.  The worst response you can get is "no", but maybe you will get a "yes".  (Yup, the price point can be mind-boggling 😂). Sailaway invites are common for the RS & PS; Luminae can pay special attention to to Upper Suites.  (Now if I can just figure out how to get  our shoreside concierge to response to my email she requested 2 weeks ago without giving giving her "athletes scalp) by going to her superior...🤣)

Last year when I sailed in the PH and RSs on the Summit, I had an excellent shoreside concierge named Alex.  She may have been shifted around.

• Like 1

Alex may be one of the best employees in all of X. She used to be the emergency travel dept. She assisted my family when we were booked on the April 2022 TA and 2 weeks before sailing X published a change that basically said all passengers on TAs that year needed to be vaccinated. Never mind the fact that my then 3 year was not old enough for any approved vaccine.

She pushed it all the way to the CEOs office and we were allowed to sail. She was so helpful and kind throughout the entire process. I believe she is now on a different ship than Summit but I can’t recall which. I spoke to the concierge for Solstice about 7 weeks ago and they told me where but I can’t recall. Long story short if you ever interact with Alex it will likely be the pinnacle of customer service.

• Like 3

On Beyond late summer this year in an 11-night IC in the Mediterranean, we had unlimited spa access and did get walked down to a bridge tour. Not advertised. Zero cost. Very small group. Perhaps the other IC and PHs? Didn't ask.

We enjoyed use of the spa. In fact, every time we showed up, one of the spa staff greeted us by name and walked us in every time. Nice service.

Similar on another, shorter length cruise in an IC plus another 7-night in an EV in the Caribbean. Full spa access these times, as well. Did not do a bridge tour these times.

Love the service in an EV and IC, so we booked a few more 10+ night sailings in an IC and one more 7-night in an EV, split between Beyond and Ascent.

Love the EVs for direct lounge, Luminae, and Retreat access. Love the ICs for the excellent (and real) "infinite" veranda.

Both staterooms have awesome hot tubs for use at midnight under the stars! Worth every penny.

Superb.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, buncosquad said:

On Beyond late summer this year in an 11-night IC in the Mediterranean, we had unlimited spa access...

Similar on another, shorter length cruise in an IC plus another 7-night in an EV in the Caribbean. Full spa access these times, as well. Did not do a bridge tour these times.

What do you mean by unlimited spa access?? 

2 minutes ago, billc23 said:

What do you mean by unlimited spa access?? 

Full access any time of day to the thermal spa area. However, specific TREATMENTS in treatment rooms (i.e., massages) are not included.

For our spa treatments, we reserved times and treatments way out and directly via Celebrity's spa vendor. You get no discounts, but that isn't important to us.

We like specific treatments and times for treatments. Very good service from the spa shoreside team.

On 1/16/2023 at 12:20 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I've watched a couple of Harr Travel videos touring different cabins. I know that Danny occasionally talks about having your butler draw a bath - but I just can't picture someone filling a tub for me. But, that's just me!

Tom

The IC tubs are rather large.

They know when you've left the room and where you are on the ship.

We didn't have to ask. They filled it and perfectly heated every night for the moment we returned to the stateroom. They have a nice colored light scheme in the tub, too.

In fact, they also will put out candles (albeit with battery powered lights) and set the lights in the entire suite accordingly.

Likewise with EV and IC balcony hot tubs.

In our experience, never had to ask. As for the balcony hot tubs, they actually did a twice daily clean and fill.

Was quite nice service. Well worth the cost, IMO, with so much included and those views!

Edited by buncosquad

On 10/31/2023 at 9:34 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Last year when I sailed in the PH and RSs on the Summit, I had an excellent shoreside concierge named Alex.  She may have been shifted around.

Yes, I have spoken to Alex, (who is a great asset for X; have worked with her since Restart) and she is more than willing to help me but I am trying to avoid going over our assigned shoreside concierge's head.  I will give her another week (which will make it almost 4 weeks since my response without acknowledgment) and then reach back to Alex.

9 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

Yes, I have spoken to Alex, (who is a great asset for X; have worked with her since Restart) and she is more than willing to help me but I am trying to avoid going over our assigned shoreside concierge's head.  I will give her another week (which will make it almost 4 weeks since my response without acknowledgment) and then reach back to Alex.

Alex is on vacation for most of November.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

No, they are not.  Craft Social is considered a "bar" not a restaurant (look at the Daily for the list of dining options).  We have looked at their menu and ordered it via room service to our suite and were not charged. 

22 minutes ago, peanut head said:

No, they are not.  Craft Social is considered a "bar" not a restaurant (look at the Daily for the list of dining options).  We have looked at their menu and ordered it via room service to our suite and were not charged. 

So, if I go there for a burger - that's not covered... but if I order it through room service, it is ?

Tom