Upper Suite Benefits

oh2cruise

21 hours ago, canderson said:

Given that more here would likely know than on any other CC threads ...

Has anyone seen butler Anu anywhere since he left Constellation at the end of his contract in early 2022?

Also curious about Anu. He took great care of us on Constellation in January 2022. DW still occasionally asks where Anu is with her tea in the morning!

34 minutes ago, sofietucker said:

Starboard, 6146

Thanks - We were port side (in the penthouse and adjoining sky suite) in November and had some challenges with our butler and to a lesser extent our stateroom attendant.  I was just curious if they might be the same ones but probably not.

6 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Thanks - We were port side (in the penthouse and adjoining sky suite) in November and had some challenges with our butler and to a lesser extent our stateroom attendant.  I was just curious if they might be the same ones but probably not.

We had butler Glenn and attendant Juan--who meant well, he brought me a sun lounger, but the towel thing...geez. I think it was your butler who showed us "his" penthouse (on request) the morning of disembarkation. Nice space! We also checked out the royal suite and have booked it for our next X cruise on the Connie. Did your sky have the parrots too??

1 hour ago, sofietucker said:

We had butler Glenn and attendant Juan--who meant well, he brought me a sun lounger, but the towel thing...geez. I think it was your butler who showed us "his" penthouse (on request) the morning of disembarkation. Nice space! We also checked out the royal suite and have booked it for our next X cruise on the Connie. Did your sky have the parrots too??

We had butler Christian and attendant Romer.  The space in the penthouse was quite amazing (especially the balcony!).  My mother-in-law is the one who stayed in the Sky Suite so I didn't really spend any time there but looking back at the video I created, I didn't notice any parrots.

23 minutes ago, prmssk said:

We had butler Christian and attendant Romer.  The space in the penthouse was quite amazing (especially the balcony!).  My mother-in-law is the one who stayed in the Sky Suite so I didn't really spend any time there but looking back at the video I created, I didn't notice any parrots.

Here they are! Glued in place so a waste of cabinet space.  As you can see, they are as tall as the bottles of water. Apparently the previous tenant had named them...

20221203_101638.jpg

Edited by sofietucker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, sofietucker said:

Starboard, 6146

That one and the same on the other side of the ship used to be the most sought after Sky Suite on the M class as I recall.  Larger than all other Sky Suites and the location used to mean excellent service all around being sandwiched between a PH and RS.  Sounds like that is not the case anymore.

Wow, when I initially asked my question, I had no idea there would be this much input!!!  Thanks to all for your valuable comments.  So, I do have a specific question, that may have been answered here, but I don't recall...  In the penthouse, can we have pressing done on items that did not fare well in the suitcases?  Is there a charge?

1 minute ago, oh2cruise said:

Wow, when I initially asked my question, I had no idea there would be this much input!!!  Thanks to all for your valuable comments.  So, I do have a specific question, that may have been answered here, but I don't recall...  In the penthouse, can we have pressing done on items that did not fare well in the suitcases?  Is there a charge?

No charge for pressing, dry cleaning, laundry in PH.  Within reason.  Some people were having all their family's laundry etc. done, so they had to state limits.

11 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

The other thing I like about PH or RS laundry is there is no need to save stuff up.  You can send it out piece by piece as you use it and it will come back on hangers and not shoved in a bag.

And you have the little tags in your shirts and pants with your cabin number on them as a reminder of a good trip 🙂

15 hours ago, sbcs5390 said:

And you have the little tags in your shirts and pants with your cabin number on them as a reminder of a good trip 🙂

Oh my !!  At least now I know I'm not going crazy (or, at least, this is not evidence of it). In our laundry last month, I only sent out a couple of pieces of clothing. I felt a little something on my shoulder the other day and noticed a small tag of some sort - which I didn't investigate further at that point. I shrugged it off thinking "I've never noticed that before"!!

Tom

18 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

The other thing I like about PH or RS laundry is there is no need to save stuff up.  You can send it out piece by piece as you use it and it will come back on hangers and not shoved in a bag.

Is it true that in a PH they will ask if you want warm or cold wash and what dryer heat? I read it somewhere and hope it's true. 

Laura

21 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

Is it true that in a PH they will ask if you want warm or cold wash and what dryer heat? I read it somewhere and hope it's true. 

Laura

I write "cold wash" for all clothes on the ticket and occasionally "hang dry" for specific items. I do this on all cruise lines and across categories--ever since they pressed his swim trunks* once,--with a crease!  And everything was fading... No problems since. Occasionally a hang-only item will be very slightly damp, but they always return the laundry the next day. But careful with removing the laundry tags--lately it seems they're being placed on seams, which can pull threads upon removal, especially on "tagless" items (whose actual tags are invariably halfway down the body of a shirt, lol).

*I have been known to gently use the hair dryer on my swimsuits (rinsed & hung in the shower) if not dry by the next morning...

Edited by sofietucker
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

Laura

To be perfectly honest even when in the PH we only usually put things in to launder we would put in a mixed wash at home. You do have included dry cleaning so there is an alternative for skirts, dresses and trousers.

I think most regular cruisers have ‘cruise clothes’….skirts/trousers that mix and match with several tops. I also think that most frequent cruisers also choose lightweight fabrics that don’t crease. Add a few accessories and you never feel you wear the same outfit more than once. There rarely is a need to wash delicate (or loved) items on board. Even when we have a pre cruise holiday stay and a post cruise stay we usually barely use our Elite+ allowance let alone the unlimited offered in the PH.

48 minutes ago, chemmo said:

To be perfectly honest even when in the PH we only usually put things in to launder we would put in a mixed wash at home. You do have included dry cleaning so there is an alternative for skirts, dresses and trousers.

I think most regular cruisers have ‘cruise clothes’….skirts/trousers that mix and match with several tops. I also think that most frequent cruisers also choose lightweight fabrics that don’t crease. Add a few accessories and you never feel you wear the same outfit more than once. There rarely is a need to wash delicate (or loved) items on board. Even when we have a pre cruise holiday stay and a post cruise stay we usually barely use our Elite+ allowance let alone the unlimited offered in the PH.

I agree.  Whether or not I'm in the PH or a RS, I never send anything to the laundry that hasn't been laundered many times at home.  Good stuff gets dry cleaned.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

For us, it depends on the itinerary; we tend towards longer cruises (and added front/back end travel) but are now trying--successfully so far--to only fly with carry-ons. The demise of the "formal" nights has certainly simplified things! We pretty much only ask for his shirts to be pressed these days, and no dry cleaning.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chemmo said:

I made use of the PH laundry.  Some of my husband's shirts came back "a little short in the arms".  Most stuff did fine.  I do put cold water, but I'm not sure it matters.  When it comes back hung and pressed it is so much better than shoved in the bag (I think that is awful regardless of what room your in or what you cruise status is).  

49 minutes ago, Julma said:

I made use of the PH laundry.  Some of my husband's shirts came back "a little short in the arms".  Most stuff did fine.  I do put cold water, but I'm not sure it matters.  When it comes back hung and pressed it is so much better than shoved in the bag (I think that is awful regardless of what room your in or what you cruise status is).  

We've only ever gotten ours back hung/pressed/folded, not returned in the bag. But just as it seems like there's lots of various experiences here, by ship or by date--"your mileage may vary."

On 12/31/2022 at 5:11 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Yes, it's good to look for and remove them when the stuff comes back.  But sometimes I forget and don't discover them for a while.

Especially true for some dress shirts that don't get worn that often when a person is retired.  A few I've missed and have been collecting on the bathroom counter for some reason!

20230102_123344.thumb.jpg.e90885e52d57fdb21da5f6fca6d49530.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4