Hyatt Place or Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale

Moz

What is the difference between the two,  Which would be the best one if the prices were near the same? We have booked the Hyatt through Value Trips but have always stayed at the Embassy Suites in Miami on other cruises taken from there,  We haven't cruised from Ft Lauderdale before so just asked for other opinions.  Thank You.

If you look around the board, these two hotels are probably mentioned #1 and #2. There are die hard followers of both, and I am sure this thread will generate much more chatter. "Best" is totally subjective. Embassy Suites has larger rooms and Manager's Reception at night, and perhaps a bigger breakfast. But as is commonly mentioned here, Embassy Suites is very heavily used by cruise lines (Princess, primarily, in my experience), can be very crowded, and is extremely well worn. 

Hyatt Place is smaller, newer, in better shape, and usually cheaper. No evening event, that I am aware of.

• Like 2

Hyatt Place has a nice breakfast which is included in the price. Like CruiserBruce mentioned, Embassy Suites is nice; located next to a publix grocery store for last minute shopping; but it's more expensive and the rooms are older.  

5 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Hyatt Place has a nice breakfast which is included in the price. Like CruiserBruce mentioned, Embassy Suites is nice; located next to a publix grocery store for last minute shopping; but it's more expensive and the rooms are older.  

I believe if you book directly with Hyatt as a member the breakfast is included. If you book with ValueTrips it's not.

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

I believe if you book directly with Hyatt as a member the breakfast is included. If you book with ValueTrips it's not.

Thank you, I did book through Value Trips but am a Hyatt member,  Would we then be eligible for the breakfast?  Thank you,

25 minutes ago, Moz said:

Thank you, I did book through Value Trips but am a Hyatt member,  Would we then be eligible for the breakfast?  Thank you,

I would think (?) you could add your Hyatt membership to your reservation either by calling the hotel directly or once you arrive. However since you booked with a 3rd party at their rack rate I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

I would think (?) you could add your Hyatt membership to your reservation either by calling the hotel directly or once you arrive. However since you booked with a 3rd party at their rack rate I'm not sure.

I also booked with Value Trips. I sent an email to the hotel to verify that they had my booking and asked them to add my loyalty number to the reservation.  But not sure if we will be eligible for the complimentary breakfast.

14 hours ago, OVgirl said:

I also booked with Value Trips. I sent an email to the hotel to verify that they had my booking and asked them to add my loyalty number to the reservation.  But not sure if we will be eligible for the complimentary breakfast.

When you check in at the Hyatt, verify that they have your Hyatt Loyalty membership number on the reservation. It can be added then. Normally with the Hyatt membership, you can grab a complimentary bottle of water and always get the breakfast.

We never book hotels through a third party - too many potential issues. It happened twice and never again. Plus booking directly has always given us the best rate options. Can you go into the Hyatt site and see if the reservation is there or does VT not do this?

Darcy

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, WatchHill said:

When you check in at the Hyatt, verify that they have your Hyatt Loyalty membership number on the reservation. It can be added then. Normally with the Hyatt membership, you can grab a complimentary bottle of water and always get the breakfast.

We never book hotels through a third party - too many potential issues. It happened twice and never again. Plus booking directly has always given us the best rate options. Can you go into the Hyatt site and see if the reservation is there or does VT not do this?

Darcy

Yes, you can call the hotel to confirm your booking. Never had a problem booking thru Valuetrips and this will be our 5th time staying there in the past 5-6 years. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2022 at 2:06 PM, Ashland said:

you could be right;  I always book through Hyatt