Swirl and Top

harbourside

I actually love the fact the swirl and top is yogurt but if I want a gelato fix (and lisiamc is correct its very very good) and some swirl toppings I go and top my gelato - which I tell myself is additional much needed exercise moving between the two stations.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

The Swirl and Top seems to bring out the little kid in everyone! I don’t eat either these days, but I always thought the regular gelato was delicious.

I prefer the gelato too. Only thing is its Windows food time only and it's sometimes nice to get a frozen yogurt fix at other times. 

Phil 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I prefer the gelato too. Only thing is its Windows food time only and it's sometimes nice to get a frozen yogurt fix at other times. 

Phil 

Maybe an experiment but on quest last month gelato was 12-5 so it aligned with patio opening time. You’re right gelato was popular 3-4 ish 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KiniShakenBake said:

Am I understanding this right: Gelato is available all afternoon, every day? 

Gelato is only avaiable in Windows dessert area during lunch hours 12:30-2:30 ish. Also available at Dinner with limited flavors.

Swirl and top (frozen Yogurt)  is avaiable when Patio open for Lunch and Dinner (and hours inbetween). If Patio not open for dinner, I think Swirl and top closes at either 5 or 8 PM, but certainly available for afternoon 3-4 PM snack.

Edited by Leo_On_Geo

4 hours ago, uktog said:

Maybe an experiment but on quest last month gelato was 12-5 so it aligned with patio opening time. You’re right gelato was popular 3-4 ish 

This is an experiment that I hope succeeds!

9 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

That's an American brand.  For me in the UK nothing holds a candle to a Mr Whippy 99 with a Flake😋

Phil

Just had my first 99 in Ireland last month.  It was fab!   

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Piaa said:

Machine on the Onward last week was broken (has it ever worked?) 

We were on Onward in May and the machine was working perfectly! As for Mr Whippy the Jersey Dairy Mr Whippy was to die for, best ever, loved that island and its beautiful beaches.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Penton said:

We were on Onward in May and the machine was working perfectly! As for Mr Whippy the Jersey Dairy Mr Whippy was to die for, best ever, loved that island and its beautiful beaches.

My mum was born and raised on a farm. They had Guernsey cattle from the neighbouring island and she said the milk from them was really good. And the Guernsey cattle also benefit from an excellent temperament. 

Phil 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 6:03 AM, Penton said:

When I first emigrated to the UK, in 1994, it was a big deal to advertise ice cream as “Real Dairy Ice Cream”. I hesitate to think what it might have been made from if it didn’t involve any real dairy ingredients. 😳

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, lisiamc said:

When I first emigrated to the UK, in 1994, it was a big deal to advertise ice cream as “Real Dairy Ice Cream”. I hesitate to think what it might have been made from if it didn’t involve any real dairy ingredients. 😳

That's why I'm a fan of Carvel.  It is real ice cream.  Other frozen dairy products in the US are mostly ice milk.  [Categories regulated by the US government based on dairy fat content.  The more dairy fat, the better it tastes!  And please don't bother giving me any health warnings – I have reached the age when I used to ask my mother "What are you saving it for?"]

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

That's why I'm a fan of Carvel.  It is real ice cream.  Other frozen dairy products in the US are mostly ice milk.  [Categories regulated by the US government based on dairy fat content.  The more dairy fat, the better it tastes!  And please don't bother giving me any health warnings – I have reached the age when I used to ask my mother "What are you saving it for?"]

If you happen to be in the Maritimes or Quebec, try Cows PEI Blueberry! 

• Like 2