EZAir experiences

Nancy R

18 hours ago, leaneff said:

Delta changed our Ez air flight for a Jan 2023 cruise leaving us 45 minutes to transfer to an international flight in Minnesota in the winter.  No way were we going to make such a tight connection and get to Chile for the ship.  Called EZ air, learned several things.  First, no matter what cancellations the airline makes, you can not change airlines, nor can you change airports.  Their best offer was a 2 stop flight with a 1 hour connection in Dallas.    It was also suggested to me to cancel my current EZ air flight and rebook, but prices were more than double what I paid, and I did not want to pay the difference.   I pushed nicely, agreed to hold as long as it took, and spent over 3 hours to finally speak to  a supervisor on the phone and within minutes changed to a larger airport and better flight.  No, it is not fast, getting a supervisor is very difficult, but the agent literally could not fix my problem.  Told her I was ready to cancel my 30 days on the ship unless I could get a workable flight. I had a suggestion, the flight was more expensive, and left from another airport I was willing to drive to, but I was able to get the exact flight I asked for and paid no additional costs.  Lesson, be nice and VERY patient.

The line I bolded tells me you were not talking to anyone in the EZAir department, but a regular cruise rep. They do not have access to the same tools that the air department reps do, so it is no surprise that person could do little to help. The person who ultimately fixed your problem was either an air department rep, or at least had access to better tools. Hopefully, things will improve in the coming months, and it will not be so difficult to reach the air department.

50 minutes ago, hapster85 said:

The line I bolded tells me you were not talking to anyone in the EZAir department, but a regular cruise rep. They do not have access to the same tools that the air department reps do, so it is no surprise that person could do little to help. The person who ultimately fixed your problem was either an air department rep, or at least had access to better tools. Hopefully, things will improve in the coming months, and it will not be so difficult to reach the air department.

Actually, my Princess cruise planner transferred my call to the EZ air department as he said they were the only ones who could assist me.  He also gave me the direct number in case I got disconnected.  The entire three hours was with EZ air, speaking with three different people before getting things changed.  The original person I was speaking with checked in with me every 10 minutes or less during this entire time and was very helpful but was limited in what she could do herself.  She had no idea why HER calls to a supervisor while I was on hold

were not answered for over 2 hours, and her email to the supervisors also received no response.  

Edited by leaneff
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, leaneff said:

Actually, my Princess cruise planner transferred my call to the EZ air department as he said they were the only ones who could assist me.  He also gave me the direct number in case I got disconnected.  The entire three hours was with EZ air, speaking with three different people before getting things changed.  The original person I was speaking with checked in with me every 10 minutes or less during this entire time and was very helpful but was limited in what she could do herself.  She had no idea why HER calls to a supervisor while I was on hold

were not answered for over 2 hours, and her email to the supervisors also received no response.  

The EZAIR dept has reps that screen calls and try to help you. If they can’t do it, they go back and forth with a supervisor/lead in the EZAIR dept.

It’s just reality these days with staff shortages and new employees. 
Eventually, they should be experienced

enough to help more.

But that’s why it’s good you caught the schedule change. 
I’m surprised the travel planner couldn’t do this for you though.

10 hours ago, leaneff said:

That's surprising. The handful of times I've talked to the air department, the person who answered the call was able to take care of everything. Including after our cruise was cancelled, when I tested positive for covid on the land tour in Alaska, and needed new flights from Anchorage instead of Vancouver. Hopefully, they eventually get back to a staffing level they allows everyone the same level of service every time.

• Like 2

On 9/8/2022 at 1:59 AM, hapster85 said:

That's surprising. The handful of times I've talked to the air department, the person who answered the call was able to take care of everything. Including after our cruise was cancelled, when I tested positive for covid on the land tour in Alaska, and needed new flights from Anchorage instead of Vancouver. Hopefully, they eventually get back to a staffing level they allows everyone the same level of service every time.

What I learned is that the agents can change your flight to another flight on the same airline from the same airport.  If the carrier does not have any flights that will work for you, they are unable to make a change without bumping you up to a supervisor.  Since I booked from San Jose CA airport instead of San Francisco, and Delta no longer makes that direct flight from San Jose, it was a problem.  It took a supervisor to let me change to another direct Delta flight out of San Francisco.   The plane changes in under one hour they were offering at major airports in the winter were surely going to be an issue.

• Like 1

I am within 45 days of my flights to Rome.  The travel summary states it could take up to 45 days before travel for the airlines to receive my information.  Nothing was showing on Delta.  Called Princess and they said that my flights were cancelled for non - payment.  I asked them why my flights were still showing on the website and on my travel summary.  I told them that I paid for my flights when I booked and have the confirmation and credit card statement to prove it.  4 1/2 hours later, I am finally rebooked but Princess is trying to charge me a new price which is about 400 higher and nothing about the 745.00 that I have paid.  They called it mis-ticketing.  Waiting on them to call me back to finished this.  The last person I was transferred to said, it should not have taken this long.  

Edited by BSCarlow

4 hours ago, BSCarlow said:

I am within 45 days of my flights to Rome.  The travel summary states it could take up to 45 days before travel for the airlines to receive my information.  Nothing was showing on Delta.  Called Princess and they said that my flights were cancelled for non - payment.  I asked them why my flights were still showing on the website and on my travel summary.  I told them that I paid for my flights when I booked and have the confirmation and credit card statement to prove it.  4 1/2 hours later, I am finally rebooked but Princess is trying to charge me a new price which is about 400 higher and nothing about the 745.00 that I have paid.  They called it mis-ticketing.  Waiting on them to call me back to finished this.  The last person I was transferred to said, it should not have taken this long.  

If you have read some of this thread or others, you will find you are unfortunately not alone as Princess has been delaying ticketing guest flight arrangements.  Speculation is they are trying to keep cash as long as possible.  This is their problem and they should give you equivalent flights at no extra charge.  I hope someone there is realizing they are killing themselves because the higher airfare they have to now pay will be more than any interest they might earn on cash float. 

You should regularly check your flight booking next time you cruise.  This should include checking your reservation on the airline website.  Best to setup an account there if don't have one with the airline your selected.  You can add info to your booking usually and be prepared to do seat selection. 

ETA:  I had learned of ticketing issues from a number of posts on Princess forum threads here, so I requested early ticketing through the Cruise Personalizer.  Once you pay for your flights, you can request early ticketing.  In my case each flight was done within 24 hours of my request.  Something to consider for next time.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2

On 9/6/2022 at 10:52 PM, ldubs said:

Thanks for sharing.  That 45 minute layover is clearly out of guideline and should have allowed a complete rebooking without any question.  

If really outside the allowed connection time, then the airline should have been willing to rebook something with a proper connecting time at no additional charge, even if it meant a different itinerary.

Whether or not the Minimum Connecting Times are realistic is a different question.

For DL-DL connections at MSP:
D-D: 30 minutes
D-I: 35 minutes

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

ETA:  I had learned of ticketing issues from a number of posts on Princess forum threads here, so I requested early ticketing through the Cruise Personalizer.  Once you pay for your flights, you can request early ticketing.  In my case each flight was done within 24 hours of my request.  Something to consider for next time.

Just realize that once you request early ticketing, your flight goes from flexible to restricted. If you have a medical issue and cancel your cruise, it is not covered/reimbursed under Princess Travel Insurance. You will get an air credit instead.

3 hours ago, Coral said:

Just realize that once you request early ticketing, your flight goes from flexible to restricted. If you have a medical issue and cancel your cruise, it is not covered/reimbursed under Princess Travel Insurance. You will get an air credit instead.

True enough and I hadn't bothered to add in that post that our airfares were already at the minimum low and no way would fall way back down close to sailing.  I did the requests around 60 days out.  Also well inside FP Date, and we don't buy the PCL insurance (CFAR).

16 hours ago, BSCarlow said:

do not pay anything extra.  It is their error.  

• Like 2

Have used EZair a number of times.  Always worked out well until the last time.  We were on a June cruise on the Sky.  We had EZair tickets from Heathrow to Reno with Premium  Economy seats.  Two days before disembarkation I check our flights and saw that that we had no seats listed.  I check the airline web site and found that there were only 2 Economy seats left (not together) for the flight.  I grabbed those seats and called EZair. (Ship Customer Service let me use the desk phone).  EZair says, I see you have 2 seats. Ya, because I grabbed them.  EZair was no help.

Now the exciting part happens.  About 10PM the night before disembarkation  the Captain announces that we will be docking late in Southampton and if your flight is before 5PM (ours was) you will need to change your flight plans. (Late docking big screw-up on Captains part.  A story for another day.)  Captain announces that if you booked through EZair they will be rearranging your flight (awesome).  If you made your own arrangements, you are on your own (literally).  I wake up in the morning and our new flight arrangements are slipped under the door (awesome).  As I cast my eyes upon the paper I see that I'm on my way to Istanbul.  Yes, the one in Turkey.  Gatwick to Istanbul to SFO to Reno; 33 hours.  Fortunately my son is an airline pilot and he got us non-revenue seats on a flight the next day out of LHR.  Princess has told us they will reimburse us for our added expenses (still waiting).  Will I use EZair again, yes, but I will use it wisely. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m new to EZAir and just booked on their website a round trip for our January 2023 cruise on Diamond Princess. It was good that I didn’t have to pay right away like other travel websites. I think I have to pay by mid-October.  I don’t want to risk a cancellation due to non-payment so I’ll probably pay earlier.  However, I couldn’t find anywhere on the website to actually make a payment. Does it show up automatically when time comes? Or do I choose early ticketing?

Edited by Honda.Daddy

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else experienced this?

I always book EZAIR and refare flights & room as it drops. 2 days ago I refared cabin, already have refund. Well yesterday I decided to ticket early after seeing I had best price & it's 46 days out (going in early). So I clicked that AND THE PRICE DROPPED!! Is that normal? Getting almost $100 back to my Visa. I never saw that fare, but yeah Personalizer says I've overpaid. (Screenshot just in case)

Edited by Ombud
Fat fingers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Has anyone else experienced this?

I always book EZAIR and refare flights & room as it drops. 2 days ago I refared cabin, already have refund. Well yesterday I decided to ticket early after seeing I had best price & it's 46 days out (going in early). So I clicked that AND THE PRICE DROPPED!! Is that normal? Getting almost $100 back to my Visa. I never saw that fare, but yeah Personalizer says I've overpaid. (Screenshot just in case)

Never saw that, but that’s great!  
You didn’t check the price first?  
The price was lower after you clicked ticket early?  I like that.

I’m probably too late to help the OP but will add once warning for others who may see this thread and are using easyair.

We typically use easy air and have had good experiences for the most part. We like having flexibility without cost up until close to our travel date. We also like having the airfare being covered under the umbrella of our Princess protection which isn’t the case if you buy it elsewhere,

Now for my warning. If you book multiple overseas cruises that are not under a single booking like a joined back to back one you should be aware of two things. 

First the limit of your Princess protection coverage (and therefore you reimbursement limit) includes the cost of the airfare IF booked with easy air for the cruise. 

Second if you book a round trip airfare under your first voyage but while on the second voyage you have the trip interrupted the cost basis (and reimbursement limit) will not include the return flight cost as it was booked under the frost voyage. Doesn’t seem like a big deal but I can be.

While down under in 2019 we booked a Australia voyage out of Brisbane and a second one a few days after the first ended circumnavigating New Zealand. We booked the r/t airfare under the Australia voyage. On the first or second full day onboard the second New Zealand voyage we received word that my DW’s mother passed unexpectedly back in the USA. 

Weeks later when filing to recover some of the missed voyafe days, hotel charge in Wellington, last minute one way tickets from Wellington to USA (not our home state as she lived 800 Miles from us) and a subsequent trip home we found the limit of what we could recover was the initial cost of the cruise which we purchased on a great sale. In all we had expenses far exceeding the cruise fare but most of it wasn’t covered. 

Chris

6 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

I’m probably too late to help the OP but will add once warning for others who may see this thread and are using easyair.

We typically use easy air and have had good experiences for the most part. We like having flexibility without cost up until close to our travel date. We also like having the airfare being covered under the umbrella of our Princess protection which isn’t the case if you buy it elsewhere,

Now for my warning. If you book multiple overseas cruises that are not under a single booking like a joined back to back one you should be aware of two things. 

First the limit of your Princess protection coverage (and therefore you reimbursement limit) includes the cost of the airfare IF booked with easy air for the cruise. 

Second if you book a round trip airfare under your first voyage but while on the second voyage you have the trip interrupted the cost basis (and reimbursement limit) will not include the return flight cost as it was booked under the frost voyage. Doesn’t seem like a big deal but I can be.

While down under in 2019 we booked a Australia voyage out of Brisbane and a second one a few days after the first ended circumnavigating New Zealand. We booked the r/t airfare under the Australia voyage. On the first or second full day onboard the second New Zealand voyage we received word that my DW’s mother passed unexpectedly back in the USA. 

Weeks later when filing to recover some of the missed voyafe days, hotel charge in Wellington, last minute one way tickets from Wellington to USA (not our home state as she lived 800 Miles from us) and a subsequent trip home we found the limit of what we could recover was the initial cost of the cruise which we purchased on a great sale. In all we had expenses far exceeding the cruise fare but most of it wasn’t covered. 

Chris

Doesn’t really make sense to me, why the return flight wasn’t covered. 
Wouldn’t it be covered if you bought insurance for both cruises?

Are you saying, to be covered on BOTH 

EZAir bookings, to book the b2b’s separately?  Of course, buying insurance on the separate cruises, also…in order to be covered? 
TIA

52 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Never saw that, but that’s great!  
You didn’t check the price first?  
The price was lower after you clicked ticket early?  I like that.

Yes. Checked prices and the best price was up $24+ so selected to ticket. That's when it dropped. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

EZAir bookings, to book the b2b’s separately?  Of course, buying insurance on the separate cruises, also…in order to be covered? 
TIA

Yes we had insurance on both voyages however the first voyage was not interrupted by the family members death. Had we booked departure airfare under one voyage and return under the second the return cost would have been covered on the second voyage insurance. 

I didn’t complicate the description above by including the fact the first voyage was also interrupted by a typhoon and we ended up disembarking in Cairnes instead of Brisbane and the much smaller expenses related to that were easily covered under the first voyage insurance. 

The whole trip was most frustrating and of course the loss of my MiL was shocking and painful especially for my DW. 

11 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

TIA

I should also include that if you book back to back voyages, such as two 7 day voyages, as a single 14 day booking then the point I’m making is moot. But if you have two different voyage bookings be careful how you book airfare if you want to be better covered in the event of an interruption. This is especially true if you have a large airfare cost such as trips down under or other places that tens to be costly to get to. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

I should also include that if you book back to back voyages, such as two 7 day voyages, as a single 14 day booking then the point I’m making is moot. But if you have two different voyage bookings be careful how you book airfare if you want to be better covered in the event of an interruption. This is especially true if you have a large airfare cost such as trips down under or other places that tens to be costly to get to. 

Sorry this happened to you, but it is only logical to me to book each flight with the cruise booking that has the date closest to the flight date.  In other words, book the outbound flight with the first voyage and book the return flight with the last voyage - regardless of whether extended calendar window allows otherwise.  With EZ-Air, you don't have the penalties for booking 1-way international flights that you get hammered with if doing it directly with an airline.