Norwegian switched to Coca Cola, Come on Carnival, take the hint!

asalligo

18 hours ago, mz-s said:

They're going to carry whichever brand is giving them the better deal

Exactly - same for restaurants on land.  I've had local restaurant owners tell me that the deal they get from Pepsi saves them a lot of much money - too much to pass up.  But for the record, it's Coke or nothing for me!  😁

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, tattoos said:

Count me in as a Pepsi lover and was happy when Carnival switched.  However, I love me some Captain Morgan and Dr. Pepper but Carnival doesn't carry either one.

They carry Dr Pepper on Texas ships. No Captain though like you said.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tattoos said:

Count me in as a Pepsi lover and was happy when Carnival switched.  However, I love me some Captain Morgan and Dr. Pepper but Carnival doesn't carry either one.

Probably depends on where you sail from.

In SC, Dr. Pepper is bottled by Pepsi in NC its bottled by Coke.

I'll check the sunshine out of Charleston in a couple of weeks and let you know.

Obviously any cruise leaving Texas is going to carry their state drink.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lennythenose said:

I found several articles when I did a Google search but here is one… https://www.travelagentcentral.com/cruises/carnival-signs-pepsi-as-preferred-beverage-partner

Ahh so it's been a while! My apologies, I misunderstood the purpose of the thread. Thank you for finding the press release for me!

• Like 2

I am in the camp of I just don't care what they carry although I do prefer Coke to Pepsi.  We had bottomless bubbles last month and I stuck with Mountain Dew.  Next cruise will be out of Galveston and it will be Dr Pepper for me.

Edited by iria64
spelling
  • Like 2

Imo Regular pepsi is as good or better than coke imo. Diet Mt. Dew is also great. After that, coke has better products (All versions of sprite, diet drinks, flavored etc).

The big aspect is mixing drinks. Coke, diet drinks and sprite all mix better than any any pepsi product. 

• Like 1

I always cruise from my home State, Florida so no Dr. Pepper on ships departing from Florida ports.  I will continue to bring some Dr. Pepper in my carry-on and my friend, Captain Morgan, may be accompanying me, shhhhhhhhh!!

• Like 1

In a grocery store you can buy any soda you like, and the distributors actually pay the store for shelf space. Competition is a wonderful thing.

Food Service is a different animal. The major brands offer huge discounts if you give them exclusive contracts. The brand stifles competition and increases market share. The sellers make more on selling the product, and inventory logistics are simplified. The consumer gets less choice, and the price is the same.

If want Coke you need to carry it on. Just like Texans did with the Dr. So much was carried on sales suffered and a concession was made. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 12:35 PM, teknoge3k said:

I was thrilled when Carnival switched to Pepsi years ago. Coke is nasty. For years all of us Pepsi people had to carry on our own sodas. Now, it's the Coke peoples turn to carry on their own sodas. 

Yes, It's my turn to carry on my preferred soda. At least on Carnival, I can bring a few of what I like...not possible on NCL.

On 9/4/2022 at 6:50 PM, Badfinger said:

Doesn't matter to me.  We take a "vacation" from soda when we cruise.  

For the most part we also take a vacation from soda - alcoholic drinks only while on a cruise. Unfortunately Bourbon and Coke requires a Coke. Pepsi and Bourbon don't complement each other.

• Like 2

This is the problem with the internet. Back in 1975 when a person had a some sick proclivity like drinking Pepsi. They hid that fact from the world, knowing they needed help. Now these people reach out to other people via the internets and start to think drinking Pepsi is normal. Now we have Pepsi on a cruise ship people! See where this got us. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, asalligo said:

... Now we have Pepsi on a cruise ship people! See where this got us. 

It has attracted these folks to Carnival and the class of cruisers has gone down hill ever since. Carnival is now called the Walmart of cruise lines. It could have all been avoided if they had just kept Coke...

Edited by icft
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1