Live Reports - Cruising on Coral Princess September 2022.

46 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The final September cruise is almost over and we are packing our bags for our short sojourn at home. We have packed one bag with clean  clothes and other stuff that we won't need while we're home so that's one bag already packed for Tuesday! 😊

Can you stow it?

1 minute ago, cheznandy said:

Julie, so good you are loving the Coral, looks a lovely nice sized Princess ship.

It's just the perfect size for us. It has almost all my favourite features of the Sun Class ships plus a couple of extra Grand class features.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's just the perfect size for us. It has almost all my favourite features of the Sun Class ships plus a couple of extra Grand class features.

That's what I was thinking, best of both but we like the aft pool area which is Serenity on Coral?

Like that some decks have aft areas like the old Regal Princess (Pacific Dawn)

59 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

That's what I was thinking, best of both but we like the aft pool area which is Serenity on Coral?

Not much on decks 8 and 9, but nice little spots on 10 and 11. Yes, the aft pool is the sanctuary.

It is a best of both worlds. The ship is larger than the Sun sisters, but would appear to have no more passengers, maybe even less. Our following 3 Princess cruises are all Majestic, but I keep scanning the itineraries for Coral, even though we should start banking some leave for a big overseas one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheznandy said:

The Sanctuary is aft on Coral and it has it's own little pool. It's lovely.

Yes, the aft areas are great and they have loungers there - at least on deck 11 they did. It's a big area on that deck.

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

Not much on decks 8 and 9, but nice little spots on 10 and 11. Yes, the aft pool is the sanctuary.

It is a best of both worlds. The ship is larger than the Sun sisters, but would appear to have no more passengers, maybe even less. Our following 3 Princess cruises are all Majestic, but I keep scanning the itineraries for Coral, even though we should start banking some leave for a big overseas one.

Coral is rated at 2000 lower berths which is the same as the Sun class ships, I think. We've had about 1800 on this cruise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Coral is rated at 2000 lower berths which is the same as the Sun class ships, I think. We've had about 1800 on this cruise.

At Princess spec, I think Sun class was around 1950, in P&O spec they have many more 4 berths and it always sails with well over that.

Edited by arxcards

19 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I haven't  found a ship yet that I haven't enjoyed a cruise on.

Me neither but some I have enjoyed more than others, and some ships I won't be in a hurry to go on again.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Bon Voyage to all Sydney and Brisbane passengers about to do a Round Australia cruise in October. Should be a lovely time of year for cruising.  

They go north first on Tuesday 11 October, bit dodgy down south at the moment. I just did a synopsis.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 3:40 AM, MMDown Under said:

Bon Voyage to all Sydney and Brisbane passengers about to do a Round Australia cruise in October. Should be a lovely time of year for cruising.  

Have a great cruise everyone! 
I'm looking forward to my cruise around Aus in March on the Majestic but still have four cruises before that to keep me going! 😊

• Haha 1

You know your on a booze cruise with empty cocktail glasses are left on top of the hand sanitiser machines, room service trays are left in the hallways and when a third of the users of the Horizon Court don't wear face masks. This has only happened since the Sydney to Eden passengers boarded. I did ask the Horizon Court manager why so many were not wear masks and he said they get to aggressive when asked to wear masks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, discoseabear said:

You know your on a booze cruise with empty cocktail glasses are left on top of the hand sanitiser machines, room service trays are left in the hallways and when a third of the users of the Horizon Court don't wear face masks. This has only happened since the Sydney to Eden passengers boarded. I did ask the Horizon Court manager why so many were not wear masks and he said they get to aggressive when asked to wear masks.

Princess needs to hire some big security guys and have them monitoring the Horizon Court. Some people will get aggressive with the usual crew members that hand out masks at the HC entrance but would think twice if some big ex-footy player told them to either put their mask on or leave the HC immediately.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Princess needs to hire some big security guys and have them monitoring the Horizon Court. Some people will get aggressive with the usual crew members that hand out masks at the HC entrance but would think twice if some big ex-footy player told them to either put their mask on or leave the HC immediately.

Well the security staff had the opportunity today at Eden to march off those idiots or refuse to wear masks.  But Princess is too weak to force the issue.  I hope these bogans on this cruise did not leave any bugs for the decent folk on the round Australia cruise tomorrow which will have an older more vulnerable demographic.

• Like 1

Just now, NSWP said:

Well the security staff had the opportunity today at Eden to march off those idiots or refuse to wear masks.  But Princess is too weak to force the issue.  I hope these bogans on this cruise did not leave any bugs for the decent folk on the round Australia cruise tomorrow which will have an older more vulnerable demographic.

However a percentage of cabins will be the two-dayers going up to Brisbane, filling the cabins that will be then taken by the Brisbane round trip cruisers. 

• Like 1

It's a pity the short cruises turn into booze cruises. Is 3 days the outer limit for them? If you book a 4 day-er is there a lot less chance of it being full of 'aggressive', barefaced boozers? I gather that returning to departure point is an important factor too.

I'm not as experienced at cruising as most of you and it wouldn't have occurred to me to avoid a short cruise for this reason. Pity because sometimes you just would like to go away for a few days and a sale-priced short cruise would be perfect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleFish1976 said:

It's a pity the short cruises turn into booze cruises. Is 3 days the outer limit for them? If you book a 4 day-er is there a lot less chance of it being full of 'aggressive', barefaced boozers? I gather that returning to departure point is an important factor too.

I'm not as experienced at cruising as most of you and it wouldn't have occurred to me to avoid a short cruise for this reason. Pity because sometimes you just would like to go away for a few days and a sale-priced short cruise would be perfect.

It is not just a 3 day cruise that will do it, the booze cruises also tend to have drink packages involved and are usually over a weekend, although they can happen midweek in school holidays. Slightly longer midweek cruises would likely have less boozing. Note P&O usually do not have drink packages available for cruises less than 7 days, partly to mitigate against becoming a booze cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

It is not just a 3 day cruise that will do it, the booze cruises also tend to have drink packages involved and are usually over a weekend, although they can happen midweek in school holidays. Slightly longer midweek cruises would likely have less boozing. Note P&O usually do not have drink packages available for cruises less than 7 days, partly to mitigate against becoming a booze cruise.

So the P and O booze cruisers have migrated to Princess. Nooooo. We do not want them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Princess used to be the same but some bright spark at Princess decided to offer Plus and Premier fares which include drinks packages and made them available on all cruises. Probably to compete with Celebrity.