Flights By Celebrity Pay Later

clojacks

11 minutes ago, clojacks said:

If I choose the "pay at final cruise payment option", can I select seats today? Or can I only choose seats if I pay for the flight now?

It depends on the airline.  I was able to select seats for a Delta flight 5 months before final payment.  I was even able to adjust those seats on the Delta website within hours of reserving the flight. 

American Airlines, I choose my seats at the same time I book with Flights by Celebrity, which is before payment has been made.  While on the phone with the agent, I say I would like to pick the seats.  I have the seat map up before I call.  I also verify the seats have been held when I log into my American Airlines account.  

🍹

58 minutes ago, PinkSandGirl said:

American Airlines, I choose my seats at the same time I book with Flights by Celebrity, which is before payment has been made.  While on the phone with the agent, I say I would like to pick the seats.  I have the seat map up before I call.  I also verify the seats have been held when I log into my American Airlines account.  

🍹

Interesting as AA would not let me even see the reservation until it was "ticketed".  It showed in My Trips but nothing more.

• Like 1

I am booked on a cruise in March 2023. I called and booked airfare from JFK-LAX and did not pay anything yet, but also have my seats booked. In fact, Celebrity did it for me. In the past, I have gotten the airline locator number and chose them myself. But this time I didn't have to.  I was also able to change my flights before I pay as well.  I did this as well for Royal Caribbean (parent company) last month.  But I flew JFK to Rome, and it was on ITA, and I could not choose seats until 24 hours before the flights.  Very stressful since it was 9 hour flights and 5 people.  But we managed! 

20 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Interesting as AA would not let me even see the reservation until it was "ticketed".  It showed in My Trips but nothing more.

That's so odd how it isn't consistent.  Prior to being 'TICKETED' I have always been able to see the flight, seats, etc... I can't change anything on my own prior to being TICKETED.  I can add flight change notifications and things like that.  

🍹

On 9/2/2022 at 10:20 AM, jelayne said:

You can usually get seats with AA only through the Celebrity reps.  If you try and get seats on AA.com it wont let you until they are ticketed.  The reps seem to have a work around.  Delta and United will usually let you pick seats on their websites before ticketing.