How is the bidding system doing? Any comments?

Bwana Tom

58 minutes ago, flying boat said:

Not on the Sky but the Caribbean on the 21st, it was showing sold out above oceanview and bid for a mini-suite from a BD balcony.  Didn't expect anything but we got a mini-suite and we are on for14 days booked as a 14 day.

WOW..That is wonderful..when did your find out about this??  ..and enjoy..14 days!! I also noticed you are from PA..me too!! Lancaster..Thank You

• Like 1

7 hours ago, happiness is cruising said:

Multiple bids ..one for each category 

Thanks.

If the current booking has promo OBC attached, and if your bid is accepted, do you get to keep the OBC ?

EG: Do you keep the same booking reference, or is it a whole new booking ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Thanks.

If the current booking has promo OBC attached, and if your bid is accepted, do you get to keep the OBC ?

EG: Do you keep the same booking reference, or is it a whole new booking ?

When winning a bid, you keep the same reservation number and any OBC attached to the original reservation.

• Thanks 2

I just bid on a forward mini w/ reserve collection on the Regal for fun. Gave them a fare bid that I could live with, we'll see it they accept. I do like the little meter they have letting you know if you bid is weak, mild, strong, etc. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Stosh68 said:

Just had a bid accepted on the Feb 3rd cruise out of LA on the Discovery.  Went from a regular balcony to a premium deluxe for a $115 bid.

I’m on the same cruise 

we’re in an interior on caribe deck and bid for obstructed balcony for $100p/p but they countered a deluxe obstructed balcony for $130p/p so we said yes..we’ll see if they agree (we hope!)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, KarmaCruisers said:

I’m on the same cruise 

we’re in an interior on caribe deck and bid for obstructed balcony for $100p/p but they countered a deluxe obstructed balcony for $130p/p so we said yes..we’ll see if they agree (we hope!)

Congratulations.  Do you mind answering a few question, because Princess (third party) making counter offers in not part of the written bidding process.

1.  You only bid on one category, the Obstructed balcony?

2.  Was the $100 the minimum bid?

3.  Did they send you an email offering you the deluxe version for a slightly higher price?

4.  Was this offer via the bidding program?

I hope you are successful and enjoy your cruise.  I would think since they made you the offer and it was not just a new or revised bid that it is automatic.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Congratulations.  Do you mind answering a few question, because Princess (third party) making counter offers in not part of the written bidding process.

1.  You only bid on one category, the Obstructed balcony?

2.  Was the $100 the minimum bid?

3.  Did they send you an email offering you the deluxe version for a slightly higher price?

4.  Was this offer via the bidding program?

I hope you are successful and enjoy your cruise.  I would think since they made you the offer and it was not just a new or revised bid that it is automatic.

Dear jagoffee...

When you say ".....because Princess (third party) making counter offers is not part of the written bidding process" are you referring to the same concern I raised in an earlier post trying to get clarification about why Princess is sending out offers but not through the "Bid To Upgrade" Program which is being run/managed by a third party? I hadn't read that anywhere in the "Bid To Upgrade" Program and was wondering how these individual email offers were taking place....

2 hours ago, HiCCCs said:

Dear jagoffee...

When you say ".....because Princess (third party) making counter offers is not part of the written bidding process" are you referring to the same concern I raised in an earlier post trying to get clarification about why Princess is sending out offers but not through the "Bid To Upgrade" Program which is being run/managed by a third party? I hadn't read that anywhere in the "Bid To Upgrade" Program and was wondering how these individual email offers were taking place....

Yes, I was wondering if Karmacruisers offer was from the bidding process (third party) or perhaps Princess directly.

• Like 1

IF it's the Princess "Bid To Upgrade" Program (third party)....then it should be written somewhere that Princess reserves the right to send out upgrade notices independent of the program.  Otherwise, who is to say Princess isn't sending private emails to passengers likely to pay more to upgrade or giving first dibs to upgrades to their favorite customers??  

The sleuths are on it!!!

image.png.380d7b5b941b6e023755287482574b9d.png

• Like 2

Waiting to hear on a mini suite bid $85 pp from balcony, minimum $65 pp.  West coast 5 day (part of a btb cruise).  First part of cruise (ten days already in a mini suite).  It maybe a longshot but happy with initial location if it doesn't get accepted as we booked the balcony because it was last minute and minis were showing sold out.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 11:56 AM, happiness is cruising said:

??? Anyone been accepted for a BID..on Sky Princess 20 January sailing..ship shows..FULLY BOOKED!!

We saw the same but received an upgrade to a suite from mini-suite Monday for this same sailing.  We were notified that our bid had been outbid last week, indicating that it must not be sold-out.  We increased our bid slightly but it remained only a bit higher than "poor" rating.

• Like 3

If you have made a bid for an upgrade before & it was excepted, how long before you were notified with your new stateroom number?  The web site says that it could by as little as 2 days before the cruise. 

Thanks for the answers from people that has had a bid excepted. 

I have a bid in & if it is excepted, I’ll post how long before the cruise I was notified, to give people an idea as to what might  happen. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trbarton said:

If you have made a bid for an upgrade before & it was excepted, how long before you were notified with your new stateroom number?  The web site says that it could by as little as 2 days before the cruise. 

Thanks for the answers from people that has had a bid excepted. 

I have a bid in & if it is excepted, I’ll post how long before the cruise I was notified, to give people an idea as to what might  happen. 

Tom😀

We were notified 2 days before.

It really depends on the ship, how full it is and cancellations. Some were notified the week after final payment and others up to 2 days before.  

I checked the booking and it had the new cabin number.  

There’s a ongoing thread about the UG on PCL.  You may find helpful.

• Thanks 1

I submitted a bid 30 days prior to my sailing; it was accepted 23 days prior to my sailing and my credit card was automatically charged.  The new cabin assignment was provided in the email  notification that my bid was accepted.  My check-in information and luggage tags were updated when the upgrade was accepted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2