How is the bidding system doing? Any comments?

Bwana Tom

5 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I just read the web page about bidding. It's unclear whether one gets an email if they used a TA or the TA gets it and forwards it to you. Does anyone have clarity on this point?

I know with the other cruise lines, the Big Box Store sounding like “Let’s Go” does NOT participate in upgrades. Ask your TA. They will know. 

27 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

The 4 day coastal comedy cruise Nov 10 has no available suites, all sold out. They have been sold out for a long time because when I booked this cruise months ago I took an S5 GTY and I have not been assigned yet. I'm guessing there will be no bidding on a full suites unless after assigning the GTY's there are cancellations. 

Correct. There are none showing up. Just up to club class mini. 

1 minute ago, phred119s said:

I just logged in on the agent site and was able to enter my info for our November cruise. All the available bidding options were there. They are set prices when you move the slider. I haven’t gotten any emails. 

So that’s weird. 🧐

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

So that’s weird. 🧐

I know. We are already in a balcony. The next balcony up starts at $15. The club class mini starts at $110. Still deciding if I want to bid for the sake of bidding just to try it out. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

The 4 day coastal comedy cruise Nov 10 has no available suites, all sold out. They have been sold out for a long time because when I booked this cruise months ago I took an S5 GTY and I have not been assigned yet. I'm guessing there will be no bidding on a full suites unless after assigning the GTY's there are cancellations. 

On the webinar, they did imply that there WOULD be bidding available even on sold out cruises, since there could well be cancellations right up to sailing. This would also be great data gathering for Princess as to how much folks are willing to pay. They have nothing to lose and no money changes hands unless rooms become available and bids are accepted, so I'm not sure why they wouldn't?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

On the webinar, they did imply that there WOULD be bidding available even on sold out cruises, since there could well be cancellations right up to sailing. This would also be great data gathering for Princess as to how much folks are willing to pay. They have nothing to lose and no money changes hands unless rooms become available and bids are accepted, so I'm not sure why they wouldn't?

This makes a lot of sense. Princess has their booking yield curve which sometimes gives sill fares such as balconies cheaper than inside. This additional data will help refine their models.

52 minutes ago, phred119s said:

I know. We are already in a balcony. The next balcony up starts at $15. The club class mini starts at $110. Still deciding if I want to bid for the sake of bidding just to try it out. 

So, this was a question back in the beginning.  I gather you are saying that Princess may offer someone in a BE Balcony (for example), a price to upgrade to a BC or BB (for example)?

59 minutes ago, phred119s said:

I just logged in on the agent site and was able to enter my info for our November cruise. All the available bidding options were there. They are set prices when you move the slider. I haven’t gotten any emails. 

Do you have a URL for the regular internet?  I am wondering if this is a distinct website - similar to the newish MedallionClass URL for doing Ocean Ready steps outside the smartphone app. 

I was thinking they would have a link in the Cruise Personalizer - similar to the recent links to upgrade from Standard to Plus or Premier.

1 hour ago, phred119s said:

What do you mean the "agent site"?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

I just read the web page about bidding. It's unclear whether one gets an email if they used a TA or the TA gets it and forwards it to you. Does anyone have clarity on this point?

You will get an email and your TA will get notified as well. Princess has advised TAs that they will make sure the client and the TA get all the same notifications regarding the bid availability ( and outcome if bid is successful) 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

You will get an email and your TA will get notified as well. Princess has advised TAs that they will make sure the client and the TA get all the same notifications regarding the bid availability ( and outcome if bid is successful) 

That's great because as stated in a previous post some big box TA'S do not pass along emails .

This will be interesting to see what will be offered. I would love to try the Suite Experience on Princess as I would like to compare to NCL Haven and MSC YC (sign...paid regular price-and no not rich just saved up for it. This bidding program sounds interesting as on my new return to Princess I booked an Aft Balcony on Discovery. Wondering about where the bidding starts etc.

51 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

I can attest to that.  Oh boy, I am getting tired of an almost constant flow of PCL marketing emails lately as our voyages approach to book a spa thing, or book a shore excursion, etc.  And then I get another copy of each from the TA office shortly after.  

• Like 2

I received an email this evening offering the upgrade bidding for our Nov 14 Discovery Princess.  The email included a list of possible options with minimum bids, and a link to a 3rd party website.  I found it interesting that some of the cabin types offered are not showing up on the Princess booking page for that cruise. 

• Thanks 1

I too received an email inviting me to go to a 3rd party site to offer a silly expensive minimum bid for upgrade from my October balcony to a premium balcony, mini suite or club class mini suite. No thanks. It did also say I could contact my TA instead of going to this 3rd party site.

• Thanks 2

I also received an upgrade email this evening on my October Discovery cruise.  I am presently booked in an aft penthouse on dolphin deck.  The upgrade was for the Sky suite at $1,845 pp or to an owners suite, min bid of $100.  Not interested in either. I’m very happy with my large dolphin deck balcony .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I also received an email for my October cruise. We booked with a TA, so I don’t think it makes a difference whether one books directly with Princess or uses a TA. 

There doesn’t seem to be any way to pick your cabin. I don’t get why someone would pay for an upgrade to a random cabin that could be anywhere on the ship. I guess if cabin roulette is your thing, then go for it. I don’t see myself ever using this.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, partybarbie said:

I also received an email for my October cruise. We booked with a TA, so I don’t think it makes a difference whether one books directly with Princess or uses a TA. 

There doesn’t seem to be any way to pick your cabin. I don’t get why someone would pay for an upgrade to a random cabin that could be anywhere on the ship. I guess if cabin roulette is your thing, then go for it. I don’t see myself ever using this.

Is it a specific link to a personalized webpage, or is there a general URL we can share and then go to and enter our booking info?  (I have not received an email at this point).

ETA:  Forget it, @partybarbie.  I just went in to the link in Cruise Personalizer and looks like a guest needs to receive the email in order to do anything.  I may not get one since we have linked B2B2B and the first two segments appear Sold Out.  (We wouldn't want to move in the middle anyway).  I did read in a post above where the poster was offered cabins not currently offered for new bookings.  Who knows?  Anyway, I am just curious like a lot of us what would be presented.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Is it a specific link to a personalized webpage, or is there a general URL we can share and then go to and enter our booking info?  (I have not received an email at this point).

It’s personalized for the cruise that we’re booked on. 

l forgot to mention that the price to bid on an upgrade from our inside cabin to a balcony was $1025.00. If we had really wanted a balcony, I could have booked one for less when I made the original booking.

Edited by partybarbie
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, partybarbie said:

I’d have to be convinced that any cabin in that category would be an upgrade. For example, moving from an inside cabin to any suite would probably be a risk most would take at the right price 

We are booked on a 10 day Enchanted cruise n Nov 19th.  Looks like the ship is very full, only 1 balcony cabin shows as still available and some guarantees.  No minis or above show as available.  So though the minimum bids are not totally ridiculous, it is doubtful they would be winning bids with so few rooms apparently available.  The highest upgrade category on the email was for a premium deluxe balcony. Oh - and prices are in Canadian since, well, that's where we live.

Don

UPGRADE OPTIONS

upgrade IMAGE

Premium Deluxe Balcony
This larger balcony stateroom provides outstanding views.
From $445 CAD pp

Get Upgraded

upgrade IMAGE

Deluxe Balcony
This impressive larger balcony stateroom gives you more space than a standard stateroom.
From $395 CAD pp

Get Upgraded

upgrade IMAGE

Standard Balcony
Enjoy your own private outdoor space with a table, two chairs, and a relaxing view.
From $340 CAD pp

Get Upgraded

upgrade IMAGE

Deluxe Obstructed Balcony
This larger balcony stateroom provides a partial or obstructed view.
From $280 CAD pp

Get Upgraded

upgrade IMAGE

Standard Obstructed Balcony
Enjoy your own private outdoor space with a partial or obstructed view.
From $200 CAD pp

Get Upgraded

upgrade IMAGE

Premium Oceanview
This new stateroom design offers a stunning wall of floor-to-ceiling windows.
From $100 CAD pp

Get Upgraded

Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest Youtube
Princess.com
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fupgrade-cdn-prd.p

Please see our Terms and Conditions and Frequently Asked Questions that apply to offers made under our upgrade program.

If you are experiencing any technical issues, please reply to this email.

Submitting an upgrade offer does not guarantee an upgrade nor does this program guarantee availability in any particular stateroom category. PCL reserves the right to not accept any offer regardless of offer amount or stateroom availability. Availability of upgrades is limited and is made at the sole discretion of PCL. PCL reserves the right to accept any offer from the time it is submitted to the departure date and time. Offers are priced per person at double occupancy for the stateroom. Stateroom upgrades are only valid on the cruise portion of a booking and are not applicable to any land portion hotel stays. Once your offer is accepted, the upgrade amount paid is final and non-refundable. The upgrade does not include any additional promotions. Current promotions on the reservation will not be altered. PCL cannot guarantee a specific stateroom number assignment within the upgraded category. Your stateroom number will depend on space availability and cannot be changed.

• Thanks 1