No More Quest?

moposh

On 11/12/2022 at 2:42 AM, Musicczar said:

I just can't wait until they move to a newer decade for the dance party---like 80's or 90's.

The party theme must depend on the ship.  Symphony has an 80's night and it was much better than the usual tired 70's parties.  Unfortunately, Harmony has a 90's night, which was not a good decade for music. 

Good to hear Quest is on it's way back. We don't care that some of the Quest challenges are the same. For us it's the participants on the floor that makes it worth us going to it. Not all are repeat players. We've been on the Explorer at least 4 different times and the ice show is still the same as it was on our 2009 Explorer cruise. We still go. 

Edited by davekathy

It is funny that people complain that its the same old thing. I have only been a few times but it is still fun with the right cruise director. Most of the people on a ship are new to cruising. Its not old hat to them.

Now the one thing I do not get is why the trivia questions are so repetitive . Have a computer generate new ones.

On 11/18/2022 at 1:50 PM, TheHawk1 said:

The party theme must depend on the ship.  Symphony has an 80's night and it was much better than the usual tired 70's parties.  Unfortunately, Harmony has a 90's night, which was not a good decade for music. 

OMG I love 90s.It is my entire playlist.

On 11/18/2022 at 1:50 PM, TheHawk1 said:

Last week on Symphony, there was a 70s night, no 80s.

5 hours ago, garrymorere said:

Last week on Symphony, there was a 70s night, no 80s.

That’s unfortunate. I was on Symphony in 2020 pre Covid. Not sure why they would change their theme night when they already had the costumes and music for 80’s?

On 11/18/2022 at 11:50 AM, TheHawk1 said:

RC entertainment staff needs to realize not all 70's music was disco. 👎👎 There was a lot of other good music produced in the 70's.

• Like 3

On 9/6/2022 at 2:27 PM, moposh said:

I recently went on my first cruise after several years not cruising.  On previous cruises, a game known as the Quest was offered.  It was not offered on the recent cruise (Enchantment).  Just wondering if it is still offered on some ships, stopped due to COVID, or not offered anymore.  Thanks!

Just sailed Grandeur OTS and it was offered the last night. Was a barrel of laughs!!!! So glad they brought it back!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sizzlechest said:

To anyone who went to "The Quest" recently, what was the last challenge?

It got a bit raunchy at the end. It was womens' bras for the last item and then the men in the groups had to wear all women's clothing from head to toe. I gave my shawl to our designated guy.  We didn't win though there were 4 groups and group number 4 won the QUEST.

Oh and one guy said as we were leaving the show -- he said "That's the fastest time my wife took her bra off and I didn't even have to pay for it"

Edited by livingonthebeach
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

It got a bit raunchy at the end. It was womens' bras for the last item and then the men in the groups had to wear all women's clothing from head to toe. I gave my shawl to our designated guy.  We didn't win though there were 4 groups and group number 4 won the QUEST.

Oh and one guy said as we were leaving the show -- he said "That's the fastest time my wife took her bra off and I didn't even have to pay for it"

So, same old, same old.

14 minutes ago, NoShoes2 said:

Yes, but fun for the newbies. We took by BIL and SIL (who were 1st time cruisers in Jan. 2020), they had a blast.

Fun for oldies (repeat cruisers and speaking only for us) also. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, NoShoes2 said:

Yes, but fun for the newbies. We took by BIL and SIL (who were 1st time cruisers in Jan. 2020), they had a blast.

I'd say the "newbies" make up 1/3 of those in the room, if that many.  They've had time to revamp and improve it and prevent "oldies" from bringing bags of crap with them.  It's become a lot like trivia where cruisers who go all the time and know the answers repeatedly win the keychains, etc.  Newbies don't stand a chance.  I just think they missed the chance to introduce some new things and freshen it.  I think we've seen tattoos and piercings just about everywhere anyone can have them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BND said:

I'd say the "newbies" make up 1/3 of those in the room, if that many.  They've had time to revamp and improve it and prevent "oldies" from bringing bags of crap with them.  It's become a lot like trivia where cruisers who go all the time and know the answers repeatedly win the keychains, etc.  Newbies don't stand a chance.  I just think they missed the chance to introduce some new things and freshen it.  I think we've seen tattoos and piercings just about everywhere anyone can have them.

I agree.  It's easy for people to say, "just don't go if you don't like it", but that's one less major event to attend for many that are tired of it.  RC had the chance to come up with a completely different experience, but sadly, they didn't.

• Like 2

I'm a people watcher.  I love the 70s, 80s, or 90s in the Promenade and I enjoy the Quest for the same reason.  I don't care if it's the same old questions and if people bring in bags of crap, I like to watch the people having fun.  

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/20/2022 at 2:42 PM, livingonthebeach said:

Just sailed Grandeur OTS and it was offered the last night. Was a barrel of laughs!!!! So glad they brought it back!!!!

Grandeur was my first cruise.  Fun times!

• Like 1

Attended "crazy quest" last week on Oasis, same challenges as before (switching of clothes, taking off bras) but the CD (I believe she was actually a fill-in) made it fun. Only attended because our friends were newbies. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ReRe71 said:

Attended "crazy quest" last week on Oasis, same challenges as before (switching of clothes, taking off bras) but the CD (I believe she was actually a fill-in) made it fun. Only attended because our friends were newbies. 

We were on 12/11-18 sailing of the Oasis. The Activity Manager did the Crazy Quest as well as most of the other games because the CD was "under the weather". She did the conga lines instead of men dress as women as the last game. She did the same at the end of the Battle of Sexes game.