Coffee package can get Pierre water?

chubbypiggy

I am Elite and have always traded my mini-bar for a coffee package with  15 specialty coffee. I have a 5-day cruise coming up and this time I booked solo, so I will get 2 coffee packages for myself.  I only drink one cup of coffee each day.  With the coffee package, besides getting the specialty coffee, can I use it to get Pierre water also?  For example, in the morning I get a specialty coffee, in the afternoon, I get a few Pierre water.  

On short cruises, it's a conundrum. You need to do the math. You may be able to trade your entire minibar for 20 Perrier waters. (According to room service last month on the Caribbean, though, Perrier was not an option, only club soda.) And then buy your morning specialty coffee. That would give you four waters to drink the rest of the day. I think it would work out better than trading for two coffee packages and only drinking one a day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, geoherb said:

On short cruises, it's a conundrum. You need to do the math. You may be able to trade your entire minibar for 20 Perrier waters. (According to room service last month on the Caribbean, though, Perrier was not an option, only club soda.) And then buy your morning specialty coffee. That would give you four waters to drink the rest of the day. I think it would work out better than trading for two coffee packages and only drinking one a day.

You can turn in your mini-bar for 15 specialty coffees x 2 = 30 drinks over the 15 days (2 coffee packages).

You can turn in your mini-bar for 20 Perrier over the 15 days = a little over one bottle per day.

It would be nice if you could trade in your mini-bar for 15 coffees and 10 Perriers, BUT THAT IS NOT AN OPTION.

12 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You can turn in your mini-bar for 15 specialty coffees x 2 = 30 drinks over the 15 days (2 coffee packages).

You can turn in your mini-bar for 20 Perrier over the 15 days = a little over one bottle per day.

It would be nice if you could trade in your mini-bar for 15 coffees and 10 Perriers, BUT THAT IS NOT AN OPTION.

OP is on a 5 day cruise. That’s a lot

of coffee. That’s a tough one.

I’d get 2 bottles of wine. But, not sure if OP drinks wine.

32 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

OP is on a 5-nighter, not 15.  I would go with the advice to get Perrier or Pellegrino for the mini-bar and charge coffees to cabin account.

If you can choose the imported water, then I would think that one could certainly bring bottles of water with them as they leave the cruise.  Not so much with unused coffee drinks.

To the poster here, I know you said that you are not a big coffee drinker, but wanted to remind everyone here that there are all the options for the more 'fancy' coffee drinks, lattes, cappuccino, iced mocha.... My husband quite enjoys these!

45 minutes ago, 93yearsyoung said:

I have the Plus Beverage Package. Does that mean I don't need a Coffee Card?

PS breaks my heart how many paper Coffee Cards I have still, not fully used. Kind of like all the unused "A" and "B" ride coupons from Disneyland.

Correct. The Plus package includes any type of coffee....even if you want to put something alcoholic into it. 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

I am Elite and have always traded my mini-bar for a coffee package with  15 specialty coffee. I have a 5-day cruise coming up and this time I booked solo, so I will get 2 coffee packages for myself.  I only drink one cup of coffee each day.  With the coffee package, besides getting the specialty coffee, can I use it to get Pierre water also?  For example, in the morning I get a specialty coffee, in the afternoon, I get a few Pierre water.  

Perrier water only costs around $2.50. Just order from the bar. or carry on board.

Thank you all for the information and suggestions.  I don't drink wine.

To make the question simple, I only asked about a 5-day cruise.

I am actually on b2b2b cruises.  First cruise 7 days, 2nd cruise 5 days, and 3rd cruise 4 days.  Taking into consideration everyone's info and suggestions, I think for the 1st cruise, I will trade in for 2 coffee packages (since I read on CC that unused coffee can be carried forward to my 2nd and 3rd cruises).  So that will give me 30 specialty coffee over the entire 16-day cruises.  Then for the 2nd and 3rd cruises, I will trade in for 40 Perrier water.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

You'd get one bottle of wine for trading in the entire contents of your minibar. I did it on the second leg of b2b cruises.

45 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Nope.  Not unless in a Suite.  Two Elites in a cabin only get one mini-bar between them.

Thank you for catching that.  2 coffee packages!   I need more sleep.

My Bad!! 

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Haha 1

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

Really?  OP said she gets 2.  IDK as never been solo.  Thank you for catching that.

Yes, trade in the entire mini bar and receive two coffee packages. Since she is solo then both are placed on her account. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Missed the 5 day cruise.  Must have been a speck of dust on my screen the size of a number one!  Agree, that's a lot of coffee.  I would just buy the coffee and get the water.

Went back and read all of the response since I first posted.  I was close...Ha Ha...Total of 16 days and 3 mini bars.

I am actually on b2b2b cruises.  First cruise 7 days, 2nd cruise 5 days, and 3rd cruise 4 days.  Taking into consideration everyone's info and suggestions, I think for the 1st cruise,

I am wondering if Room Service will allow OP to make all the changes upon arrival for first leg?  

Edited by cr8tiv1

26 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Missed the 5 day cruise.  Must have been a speck of dust on my screen the size of a number one!  Agree, that's a lot of coffee.  I would just buy the coffee and get the water.

Went back and read all of the response since I first posted.  I was close...Ha Ha...Total of 16 days and 3 mini bars.

I am actually on b2b2b cruises.  First cruise 7 days, 2nd cruise 5 days, and 3rd cruise 4 days.  Taking into consideration everyone's info and suggestions, I think for the 1st cruise,

I am wondering if Room Service will allow OP to make all the changes upon arrival for first leg?  

There’s too much dust on my iphone screen now!  😂😆

6 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

OP is a solo.  So would get 2 mini bars or 2 bottles of wine.

I cruise solo. Mini bar = 1 bottle of their low value wine.  It has never been anything other than 1.  OP could choose 1 bottle of wine per the 3 segments.  I think they are more interested in the Perrier, though.

7 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

Then for the 2nd and 3rd cruises, I will trade in for 40 Perrier water. 

You might want to mix and match and throw in some San Pellegrino. I actually prefer that to Perrier.

8 hours ago, hpeabody said:

I cruise solo. Mini bar = 1 bottle of their low value wine.  It has never been anything other than 1.  OP could choose 1 bottle of wine per the 3 segments.  I think they are more interested in the Perrier, though.

My mistake. I wasn’t thinking clearly.

13 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Not really. On each turnaround day you receive a new mini bar. Poster has embarkation day plus two turnaround days. On embarkation day you can call room service and ask for the exchange. On the last full day of each cruise you can call room service and request whatever exchange you wish for the upcoming leg. Have been on may b2b2b2bs and this was how it was most easily handled. 

• Thanks 1