USB ports.

Yorkypete

Can anyone (especially Moley) explain the reasoning behind disabling the usb ports on P&O televisions in the cabins. We like to take a couple of films or a tv series on a flash drive to watch if the weather is bad but the TV usb ports are disabled. I cannot see any reason for this.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

Can anyone (especially Moley) explain the reasoning behind disabling the usb ports on P&O televisions in the cabins. We like to take a couple of films or a tv series on a flash drive to watch if the weather is bad but the TV usb ports are disabled. I cannot see any reason for this.

Are you sure the ports are disabled and it is not just the remote that cannot access an input source. Sometimes in hotels I can access the input source for usb/hdmi and sometimes not depending whether the remote has the required buttons. I sometimes think I should get one of those universal remotes and try that as we like to watch films if the weather is not good on long cruises. In some cases the tv screens are so small we just use the laptop anyway.

18 minutes ago, Trevor Fountain said:

It is done for "Operational reasons".

Perhaps the ' operational reason ' is they don't want the punters fiddling about with the electronics. If someone came into my house and asked where they could stick their USB.............?.......Not to mention hair curlers/straighteners..🤣

Edited by zap99
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Perhaps the ' operational reason ' is they don't want the punters fiddling about with the electronics. If someone came into my house and asked where they could stick their USB.............?.......Not to mention hair curlers/straighteners..🤣

I don't believe that putting a flash drive into the tv is classed as 'fiddling around with their electronics!

3 minutes ago, Yorkypete said:

I don't believe that putting a flash drive into the tv is classed as 'fiddling around with their electronics!

I think that folk sticking their gadgets into somebodies telly could be classed that way. Do they really all know what they are doing.....the tellies gone all funny. You shouldn't plug your toothbrush in it Doris.🤣

56 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I think that folk sticking their gadgets into somebodies telly could be classed that way. Do they really all know what they are doing.....the tellies gone all funny. You shouldn't plug your toothbrush in it Doris.🤣

Thanks for your info...it has been very helpful to a serious question!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, CCFC said:

If you plug a laptop into the TV its quite possible with the correct skills you could get onto the ships internal network, you dont want that!

Some folk do silly things by accident as well. Best to leave things alone .

• Like 3