CocoCay Water Park Cost - $161?

rsteenblik

We are scheduled for the Wonder of the Seas cruise on May 28, 2023. The ticket prices for the Thrill Waterpark at CocoCay are $161 per person if we pre-book now. That seems super expensive to me and quite a bit more than what I have seen for other cruise dates. Am I mistaken?  Do prices fall?  If not, I hope my kids will like the beach!

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, MandyMooToo said:

Is it possible you were seeing the prices for the CocoCay Beach Club instead?

oh, no, I am pretty sure he is seeing it correctly.

Here is my Oasis in April 2023:

image.png.567e1bb103c044c48f7df44e9b715771.png

and here is the Club:

image.thumb.png.c49de772998b12bb2c593c64df3c4c37.png

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Haha 1

Just now, taglovestocruise said:

$3500 for a over the water cabana, I think Royal is doing all the laughing.

Not all of it, I still laugh....especially since most of the cabanas were empty the last time I was there.  And then there is the consideration that the more people spend on things like over-priced cabanas, the less disposable cash they have to spend on additional cruises, which are bigger revenue generators with all of the onboard spending than a single-pay cabana which creates zero additional spending.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

We leave this Sunday on Oasis so maybe wait it out and watch for it to come down? Although being a new ship they might be charging a premium for everything?

CDD22C44-9F16-40D5-ABC8-F221B921301F.jpeg

We are sailing on the Anthem in April (not a new ship) and the prices are insane as well.

The beach club is 224 per person! But with 2 ships in port, my husband insisted for us to book it. Hopefully, due to the prices, we'll end up in a private club... The over the water cabana at 3500 is just ridiculous!!!

Edited by angelhelly

3 minutes ago, angelhelly said:

We are sailing on the Anthem in April (not a new ship) and the prices are insane as well.

The beach club is 224 per person! But with 2 ships in port, my husband insisted for us to book it. Hopefully, due to the prices, we'll end up in a private club... The over the water cabana at 3500 is just ridiculous!!!

I’d keep monitoring prices especially the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales. You can always cancel and rebook. The lowest our Beach Club went was $159 and as high as $209. Even with 2 ships there as long as you go out onto the island by 11am there will be plenty of chairs. It’s the people that wait until lunchtime or later that end up having trouble finding loungers together.

2 hours ago, rsteenblik said:

The ticket prices for the Thrill Waterpark at CocoCay are $161 per person if we pre-book now. 

Ridiculous.  That is over double the cost of most any water park in Fl, including Typhoon Lagoon at Disney. As long as people continue to pay these exorbitant prices, you cant fault RC for taking advantage of it though.

• Like 3

correct me if I am wrong, but Royal uses dynamic pricing for these things.  At first, costs are low, but as the supply dries up, prices are driven up automatically. There are exceptions like special sales, etc. 

So... a few people would have paid close to this price to drive it up so high. 

Edited by Toddcan
  • Like 1

The OP's cruise is over Memorial Day week... EVERYTHING is priced higher on holiday sailings.  

As for the people who think Royal is crazy for charging these prices... PEOPLE ARE PAYING THESE PRICES -- those are the people who I think are crazy! 

Why wouldn't Royal charge whatever the market will bear -- they're not a charity, they're a for-profit corporation.   If they can get an extra $100K per day of pure profit by charging exorbitant amounts for cabanas and beach club admissions and beach beds and waterpark admissions, why not?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1