Change for Quantum cruise

JohnGc

Just received a change to the itinerary for Quantum cruise 30th Jan 2023  /Sydney/Eden/ Tas/ Bris. Owing to pier construction being delayed at Eden Quantum of the Seas will not be visiting Eden and will be doing an overnighter at Sydney arriving 6.35am Wed 2nd Feb until 6.45 pm  Thurs 3rd. 

14 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

Just received a change to the itinerary for Quantum cruise 30th Jan 2023  /Sydney/Eden/ Tas/ Bris. Owing to pier construction being delayed at Eden Quantum of the Seas will not be visiting Eden and will be doing an overnighter at Sydney arriving 6.35am Wed 2nd Feb until 6.45 pm  Thurs 3rd. 

That will not be a popular move.

I assume a lot of people on that cruise will be from North Queensland.

Edited by springaussie

1 minute ago, springaussie said:

That will not be a popular move.

I assume a lot of people on that cruise will be from North Queensland.

If it was me organising the replacement port I would have went to Hobart. 

Looking forward to an overnighter in Sydney and plenty to keep us occupied there. Good excuse to visit Eden on another cruise.😁

• Like 1

Our 9th November cruise is now spending a night in Sydney to, if you look at port schedules it says we are at the terminal the first day and then move during the night to out in the harbour, so will have to tender the next day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

Are you sure?  Eden Southern NSW to  Airlie Beach, North Qld. mid summer doesn't seem reasonable. 

It’s only going from Brisbane and going from 2 ports to an overnight stay at Airlie

maybe the port fees might drop 

1 minute ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Eden pier construction has been completed?! 🤔

That is strange, the other thing is I looked at Sydney port cruise schedule a fair while ago and noticed then that the Quantum was booked for an overnighter. I thought it was an error on the  port schedule, so it looks like this was planned by RCI well before notifying us !!! 

30 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

That is strange, the other thing is I looked at Sydney port cruise schedule a fair while ago and noticed then that the Quantum was booked for an overnighter. I thought it was an error on the  port schedule, so it looks like this was planned by RCI well before notifying us !!! 

Perhaps, or maybe they were just covering for plan B until they confirmed that Eden would be out of action.

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

Perhaps, or maybe they were just covering for plan B until they confirmed that Eden would be out of action.

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

That is possible. Seems like they were expecting Eden to be out of action. Seeing Quantum stated it would be a tendered stop I  did not expect tenders not being able to use the pier or Jetty. 

• Like 1

Hi all 

We received 2 changes the overnight in Sydney instead of Eden on November 9th sailing and also late departure moved to 8pm on the November 1st sailing. Personally rather spend an evening in Sydney than Eden went there instead of Vanuatu on our last cruise and wasn't much to see or do.

Peace

Screenshot_20220917-042440_Outlook.jpg

Screenshot_20220917-042402_Outlook.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2022 at 6:28 PM, springaussie said:

E1D8A1D3-B0B9-41CD-87CC-CDD669CA0297.thumb.png.d6df1b7458b8527329bd553e53ab4b64.png

We are also on this cruise, but have not been informed of any change?  I have a confirmation for a Sydney Explorer Cruise.  I now have a booking for an Airlie Beach cruise - surely this equates to a 'significant change

' as per their terms and conditions?.. 

5 hours ago, Pam969 said:

If I had an overnight in Airlie Beach, I'd hire a car and drive north to Cape Gloucester Resort, stopping at Dingo Beach Hotel for a cool drink on the way. (About a forty min drive to Resort). I'd have a seafood lunch at the Resort.  The second day I'd drive to Shute Harbour and take a short ferry ride to South Mole Island (National Park).  On the left, before you reach Shute Harbour there is a walk to the water where we saw a dugong.  

Other changes P&O Encounter, Melbourne Cup cruise docks at Station Pier on Monday 31 October and then moves to Mirrat Terminal, very industrial for Tuesday and Wednesday.  Also leaving at 12 noon on Wednesday instead of 4 pm.  Not much time to do anything on Wednesday. 

An overnight in Airlie Beach - with 4800 passengers? Can't remember if Airlie is a tender port of not??? Same thing goes for Cairns - RCL is advertising a cruise with an overnight in Cairns in March 2023 - will Quantum fit alongside in Cairns? 

16 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

An overnight in Airlie Beach - with 4800 passengers? Can't remember if Airlie is a tender port of not??? Same thing goes for Cairns - RCL is advertising a cruise with an overnight in Cairns in March 2023 - will Quantum fit alongside in Cairns? 

Airlie is a tender port. Majestic Princess was in there yesterday with probably 3500 pax. I do not know how the tender operation went. 

As for Cairns, Barry, google Cairns Port and check capacity.

Last time I was at Airlie was on QM2 , Syd to HK in March 2017. Not that many embarked the tenders, it was way too hot and humid for the many poms on board, lol. Yes it was not nice walking around Airlie that day, 2 hrs did us.

Edited by NSWP