sea pass holder needed?

bluecruise456

38 minutes ago, bluecruise456 said:

Should we bring lanyards with clear pouch to hold RCL sea pass?  If not what do you recommend.

I don’t really like the lanyards. If l’m outside and the wind is blowing, I seem to get battered in the face by my keycard. I (female) either stick the keycard in my pocket if I have one, the top of my bra if I don’t, or my evening bag if I’m dressed up. This system works pretty well. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

What do you do with credit cards during the bulk of the year when you are not on a ship?  What works then is likely to also work for the week or so you are on a cruise.

Maybe not for the females amongst us. I keep my credit cards in my handbag, along with a lot of other stuff. I don’t want to carry a handbag around all day on a ship, just to house one card. 

I have used a lanyard but Rcl refused to punch a hole last time as it would invalidate the card. I had a clear plastic carrier with me so just used that with my lanyard. They sell the same thing for $20 in the gift shop. When on the ship, I don't like carrying any purse, so this lanyard, which I keep under my top, works well.  If I have pockets, then no lanyard.

Edited by Markanddonna

On 9/17/2022 at 6:28 PM, mom says said:

Pocket or purse works for me 99% of the time. The other 1%, I give it to DH to put in his pocket. I have a serious dislike for wearing  lanyards, but you do you if that's what you prefer

Agree completely -- lanyards say "work day" to me, and I don't want that.  

I only bring shorts that have pockets.  

On 9/18/2022 at 6:58 AM, Markanddonna said:

I have used a lanyard but Rcl refused to punch a hole last time as it would invalidate the card. I had a clear plastic carrier with me so just used that with my lanyard. They sell the same thing for $20 in the gift shop. When on the ship, I don't like carrying any purse, so this lanyard, which I keep under my top, works well.  If I have pockets, then no lanyard.

You can buy those clear plastic carriers at Walmart -- they're sold to carry fishing licenses and cost only a dollar or two.  Amazon has them too.  

On 9/18/2022 at 3:41 AM, lisiamc said:

Maybe not for the females amongst us. I keep my credit cards in my handbag, along with a lot of other stuff. I don’t want to carry a handbag around all day on a ship, just to house one card. 

I bring a small wristlet purse, which pretty much just goes to dinner and evening shows -- and not my whole wallet.  It's enough to carry my Sea Pass as well as a chapstick and a couple dollars for bar tips, and it's enough to hold the readers my husband needs to read the dinner menu.  Sometimes I want to carry my phone or camera.