“ Important acknowledgments…”

The Mikado

13 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Okay, if the difference is not in longer voyages, like more than a week or ten days, then perhaps there is something going on with the state of CA.  That is another possibility.

I hope they don't start messing around with voyages from other departures!

I went to my cruise from LA also, the Sept. 14 th. update thankfully we are not on the Enhanced Voyage list.

Look at your most recent Booking Confirmation.   Or print your travel summary......it's on both documents.   It is on both of mine for the Oct 1, 2022 California Coastal on Discovery - It stops in Ensenada.    This is off of my Travel Summary:

Note:   My Oct 8, 2022, Mexican Riviera on Discovery does not have this notification/requirement.

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 5.27.16 PM.png

Edited by cruzin4us

22 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

Look at your most recent Booking Confirmation.   Or print your travel summary......it's on both documents.   It is on both of mine for the Oct 1, 2022 California Coastal on Discovery - It stops in Ensenada.    This is off of my Travel Summary:

Note:   My Oct 8, 2022, Mexican Riviera on Discovery does not have this notification/requirement.

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 5.27.16 PM.png

My cruise also stops in Ensenada and my Booking Confirmation from yesterday does not match this. See my post #19.

I got confused by this thread.  I checked, and I think part of the confusion stems from what is and what is not an "Enhanced Voyage."  

On Princess.com, under Cruise Health, there are three tabs, one of which is Vaccination and Testing Requirements by Region.  If you look under Enhanced Guidelines Voyages (what is an "enhanced guideline"?)  there is a link to a chart of "Enhanced Guideline Voyages".  There are only a few such Enhanced Guideline Voyages (12 total).   Check this list.   If your ship/date isn't on it, don't worry about it!

My upcoming cruise is not on the list of Enhanced Guideline Voyages, so I am still in the "no testing if fully vaccinated and boosted" category.  But I already bought the e-Med proctored tests, and the expiration date is coming, so I will do the proctored test a few days before the cruise.

I hope this calms some anxiety for those confused.

5 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

I got confused by this thread.  I checked, and I think part of the confusion stems from what is and what is not an "Enhanced Voyage."  

On Princess.com, under Cruise Health, there are three tabs, one of which is Vaccination and Testing Requirements by Region.  If you look under Enhanced Guidelines Voyages (what is an "enhanced guideline"?)  there is a link to a chart of "Enhanced Guideline Voyages".  There are only a few such Enhanced Guideline Voyages (12 total).   Check this list.   If your ship/date isn't on it, don't worry about it!

My upcoming cruise is not on the list of Enhanced Guideline Voyages, so I am still in the "no testing if fully vaccinated and boosted" category.  But I already bought the e-Med proctored tests, and the expiration date is coming, so I will do the proctored test a few days before the cruise.

I hope this calms some anxiety for those confused.

So true!  Some of the posters are reading Enhanced Voyages, when they are not on one of those. 

The emails sent from PCL seem like they are the general rules, not the specific cruise rules.

Also, some posters ask questions and do not give enough info to help them.  

Big confusion, is if they post for unvaccinated or vaccinated status.

Just look up the website rules and check frequently for changes.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Mikado said:

My confusion has nothing to do with “enhanced voyages”. It has to do with being assigned a cabin for a seven day cruise that is essentially domestic United States, which means the September 6 rules apply, not the “enhanced” rules. Read the bottom of the page, not the top. 

The September 6 rules state “test only” and a self-administered one at that. Today, when being assigned a cabin, I’m told I must be fully vaccinated. There is a difference between “fully vaccinated” and “no vaccination, self-tested only”. One requires being stuck with needles and injected with mixtures that haven’t been tested, the other requires invasion of nasal passages and taking a picture of the result. 

Thankfully (?), others here have received the same warning for the same or similar sailings. I have a call into my travel agent to get this straightened out. Also thankfully, I bought travel insurance. 

Exactly.......Only my Discovery, California Coastal - 10/1/22 has the blurp about Vaccination Required.   My Oct. 8th cruise to Mexican Rivera only mentions testing.

This has NOTHING to do with the enhanced voyages.....I understand the Canada, 16+ Days, etc. enhanced sailings.    This is about a trip up the coast of California and a brief stop in Ensenada.

Edited by cruzin4us
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cruzin4us said:

Exactly.......Only my Discovery, California Coastal has the blurp about Vaccination Required.   My Oct. 8th cruise to Mexican Rivera only mentions testing.

This has NOTHING to do with the enhanced voyages.....I understand the Canada, 16+ Days, etc. enhanced sailings.    This is about a trip up the coast of California and a brief stop in Ensenada.

Then I still wonder. I’m not vaccinated; I thought it went without saying. 

Your Mexican cruise not having the same warning as the California one is puzzling. Oh well, TA tomorrow. 

29 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

The emails sent from PCL seem like they are the general rules, not the specific cruise rules.

Not really.....I've got a B2B on the Discovery beginning 10/1 out of LA.   Only the CA Coastal has the verbage about Vaccination Required.   The Mexican Riviera only mentions testing.   Both emails received the same day.

I'm also on the CA Coastal again 10/15 (Discovery out of LA) and thus far there has been no mention of vaccination requirments.

It has to do with Princess, as usual, not having a consistent message on their website.

When logging on to my cruise on the website yesterday, it forced me to acknowledge that I needed to be fully vaccinated AND provide a monitored antigen or PCR test for my 7 day California cruise on the 1st with the only out of country stop being Ensenada. On the same day, I received a Booking Notification stating I just needed to be fully vaccinated OR provide a test (and that could be a self-test).

People get confused (understandably), contact Princess and get someone who doesn't know what they are talking about which tells them they need to be fully vaccinated AND provide a test.

Princess needs to get their act together.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

When logging on to my cruise on the website yesterday, it forced me to acknowledge that I needed to be fully vaccinated AND provide a monitored antigen or PCR test for my 7 day California cruise on the 1st with the only out of country stop being Ensenada. On the same day, I received a Booking Notification stating I just needed to be fully vaccinated OR provide a test (and that could be a self-test).

Mine Booking confirmation doesn't even say the word OR.   The way I'm reading it is you need to be vaccinated and do the test.

I think if memory serves me correctly, I also got the pop up screen making me acknowledge that I have been vaccinated.

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 7.56.40 PM.png

• Like 1

Could it be that your Back-2-Back makes you and your cruse subject to the stricter guidelines?

This could definitely be a Princess glitch or error.  I would want to get to the bottom of it.

But, if these cases are so limited and unique, I am just trying to think of any rhyme or reason for why you might be different;

My Princess Rep called me last week to tell me the cruise was still on and that there was NOT a test required if I was fully vaccinated.  The way I read it I believe if you're fully vaccinated (with at least one booster) you do NOT need a pre-cruise test.  If you're not vaccinated you need a medical exemption.

As far as requiring the test when fully vaccinated it appears to only apply to the longer cruises on the Enhanced Guidelines Voyages list.

I will say to err on the side of caution, even with being vaccinated and boosted twice,  I'm getting my Covid PCR test tomorrow at Walgreens.  I'll have it with me just in case.  Murphy's Law and all....  

Princess-Enhanced.jpg

Princess-Vaccination.jpg

I called my TA this morning. She had never heard of what I was talking about. So she called Princess. 

She called me back a little while ago and told me the reason for the “vaccination required” acknowledgement on the personalizer:

It’s supposed to mean that Princess knows we, as unvaccinated filth, need to take the test within 3 days of cruising and provide a negative result. That’s it. 

FWIW, I just checked the personalizer and the original “vaccination required” thing I was supposed to click has been replaced with the “negative test within 3 days” thing. So I guess I’m clear to proceed. 

This is frustrating! So many inconsistencies with the Covid vaccination or not/testing or not rules. We wanted to start cruising again but don't want the worry of having to produce negative tests for all of us before boarding because many people test positive and don't even know they have it. We are all vaccinated/boosted so shouldn't have to test, but then I read things like this and it makes me not want to spend thousands of dollars on a cruise until the concern is gone. And until the Princess verbiage about it is clear! What if they suddenly change things once we are onboard?  That could happen too. I just want to be able to cruise again...

Mikado, thanks for this thread.  We are in the same situation with embarkation on Oct 15.  Could you please either post if your test was video monitored or not?   I've been given different answers from Princess reps on chat and phone.  The majority have said monitoring was not required.  One wasn't sure.  Cheers.

1 hour ago, Bemidji Ty said:

Mikado, thanks for this thread.  We are in the same situation with embarkation on Oct 15.  Could you please either post if your test was video monitored or not?   I've been given different answers from Princess reps on chat and phone.  The majority have said monitoring was not required.  One wasn't sure.  Cheers.

Ty, I haven’t taken the test yet as our cruise isn’t until October 1st. However, my understanding is that it does not need to be a monitored, it can be one of the home tests that you photograph and show the people at check in. This is in accordance with the requirements as published on the Princess website on September 6th.