Problems with online check-in

hisfirstm8

• 3 weeks later...

I have been trying for a couple weeks to check in online from the computer and it always says they are working on it and to please check back, the cruise is down to about 33 days away- the Wonder.  I have never had a struggle before, we were able to do the PAT from the app but nothing else.  Anyone else know of a suggestion that got them past the - we've encountered an error message.  I like knowing its done and not waiting until the end, we're close to diamond plus and this is a first for us.  The app also just asks us to check back later... everytime I look.  Anyone overcome this glitch?

We had an issues Wednesday night/Thursday morning. I waited till midnight so I could select the earliest arrival time, but the app just kept saying it wasn't ready for check-in. After about 20 minutes of trying I tried on their website and it finally opened for check-in. However the next day the app still wouldn't bring up the check-in, even though I already had it done. After I uninstalled and reinstalled the app it did show up then. Definitely a problem with their system.

that is slightly weird, definitely still check on the 13th.  Super thanks BND, I could not get online check in to work but I was using google.  I changed it to Edge and it worked perfectly- sure keeps me from beating my head against the wall for the next 4 weeks, super appreciate the assist!!!  

• Like 1

when checking in on the web site within the last few days, did it ask you to scan in your passport. I did on my previous cruise in June of this year but this time it didn't. I got different answers when calling Royal, one said the eliminated it, another said they retained picture of passport from last cruise and one more said nothing has changed and need to scan it. Please tell me if you had to scan it using website even though you scanned it before. Thanks in advance for ending my confusion. Worse case, would they scan it at the pier?

2 minutes ago, smalltimecruiser100 said:

when checking in on the web site within the last few days, did it ask you to scan in your passport. I did on my previous cruise in June of this year but this time it didn't. I got different answers when calling Royal, one said the eliminated it, another said they retained picture of passport from last cruise and one more said nothing has changed and need to scan it. Please tell me if you had to scan it using website even though you scanned it before. Thanks in advance for ending my confusion. Worse case, would they scan it at the pier?

I didn't have to scan mine when I checked in on Wednesday. I had to manually enter the passport #'s and expiration dates.

I did have a problem checking in, was getting the error message all day on the app and on the website, but at the end of the day it worked. 

we also didn't have to scan in our passports but we had on previous trips so guessing they have it until it expires.  We did have to re=enter the number and expiration date so that probably lets them know you are still using the one they have on file, in case you had had to replace a lost one.  They sure have made online check in much easier. :0)  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T-2 said:

we also didn't have to scan in our passports but we had on previous trips so guessing they have it until it expires.  We did have to re=enter the number and expiration date so that probably lets them know you are still using the one they have on file, in case you had had to replace a lost one.  They sure have made online check in much easier. :0)  

That's a possibility. Both of our passports are the same as when we sailed last time.