Drink package questions

Eric G.

I ordered the drink package when I bought my ticket, but had a couple questions:

It sounds like that package (Plus Beverage Package) includes soft drinks, plus alcoholic beverages, plus coffees, etc. If I go to a restaurant and order a drink with the meal, does the beverage package cover that drink?

Also, if I'm on the ship somewhere and order a drink and it's brought to me, is it customary to tip the person who brings the drink? (It looks like you're already paying an 18% gratuity)

• Like 1

Drink packages or Princess Plus including them, are super convenient.  They are maybe not worth the money if you don't drink much, but if you drink 2 or 3 drinks a day and wine, bottled water, coffee, etc. they make it very easy.  I often tip like $1 per drink extra.  I know the tips are included, but the servers never seem to mind 🙂

It's very convenient to get wine with dinner or a drink during a game show or whatever.

• Like 1

Yep, drinks are included anywhere you order them on the ship!  You can even order them through the Ocean Now app and have them delivered to your stateroom as part of the package!  It's nice when unpacking to have a cocktail while enduring that loathsome task! 🤣

I'm not sure if they are allowing drink service again in the theater but you can also get drinks in there too.  Pretty much anywhere!  And no, you do not need to tip.  Gratuities are included in the cost of your package.  Tipping extra is up to the individual.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

I'm not sure if they are allowing drink service again in the theater but you can also get drinks in there too.

It would be nice to have the theater included but I think it was halted because they didn't have sufficient crew to handle the extra orders. I didn't mine getting my own drinks, but service would have been nice. 

On 9/21/2022 at 12:36 PM, Mara4166 said:

It covers all drinks anywhere on the ship (up to $12).

No need to tip for individual drinks.  If you frequent a specific bar or have the same waiters in the MDR you can tip them extra at the end of the cruise.

I tip for every drink every time

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Yep, drinks are included anywhere you order them on the ship!  You can even order them through the Ocean Now app and have them delivered to your stateroom as part of the package!  It's nice when unpacking to have a cocktail while enduring that loathsome task! 🤣

I'm not sure if they are allowing drink service again in the theater but you can also get drinks in there too.  Pretty much anywhere!  And no, you do not need to tip.  Gratuities are included in the cost of your package.  Tipping extra is up to the individual.

On the Enchanted right now, no drink service in the theater. A few folks do bring their drinks in from a nearby bar.

On 9/21/2022 at 12:36 PM, Mara4166 said:

It covers all drinks anywhere on the ship (up to $12).

No need to tip for individual drinks.  If you frequent a specific bar or have the same waiters in the MDR you can tip them extra at the end of the cruise.

Important to note that if you do order a drink that is more than the $12 limit (or $18 for the Premier package) you only pay the difference

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shelbell340 said:

I tip for every drink every time

Some people do.  I feel the 18% tip included in the drink price is sufficient for basic service.  I tip extra when I get exceptional service

Edited by Mara4166
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mara4166 said:

Some people do.  I feel the 18% tip included in the drink price is sufficient for basic service.  I tip extra when I get exceptional service

That would be me as well. I walk to a bar, the bar person pours me a beer, I carry my beer back to my seat. Hardly justifies a need for a tip. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, lx200gps said:

On the Enchanted right now, no drink service in the theater. A few folks do bring their drinks in from a nearby bar.

Oh well, I guess we'll be getting our own from the closest bar unless things change sometime soon.

btw- how has the satellite service been lately? Has it improved now that the ship is in the North American continent? 

18 hours ago, lx200gps said:

We were just on the Enchanted. The theatre has no place to put your drinks, unlike other theatres, which is very annoying. I also miss the bar service in the theatre.

• Like 1