Internet on board

Noesja

I've read somewhere that people get offered discounts on internet packages while cruising. Is this a common thing and what could I expect? Especially interested what to expect on a 13n on the Rotterdam. Still trying to figure out if and when I should buy.

There is a discount for the Premium internet package if purchased before boarding,  It is my experience that the price of internet has no discounts if purchased onboard.  Of course the price drops during the cruise as you purchase fewer days of service.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Noesja said:

I've read somewhere that people get offered discounts on internet packages while cruising... Especially interested what to expect on a 13n on the Rotterdam. Still trying to figure out if and when I should buy.

Agree with everything Roger said! If you are not booked with Have-It-All (which includes Surf-level WiFi), the Premium pre-purchase is only a little more than Surf on board. It is possible to upgrade the included Surf to Premium on board, but I do not know the price. 

The speed is the same, only fewer sites and abilities are blocked on Premium than Surf (than Social). 

Here is what HAL says:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/onboard-packages/cruise-ship-wifi.html 

Here is a chart from 2018 but appears to be the same according to the $10/day-social price-point (for more that one day).

Wifi.png

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

RCI practices "Dynamic Pricing" the cost of anything including the cruise itself can flucuate widely and frequently.

I am finding that out.....Thanks    I am also finding out that on RCI your room won't be ready until 2PM so they offer a service - for a fee - where you can drop off your carry on before 1:30 PM and they will take it to your room.   I had to tell them that on HAL your room will be ready by 11 AM ---

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

I am finding that out.....Thanks    I am also finding out that on RCI your room won't be ready until 2PM so they offer a service - for a fee - where you can drop off your carry on before 1:30 PM and they will take it to your room.   I had to tell them that on HAL your room will be ready by 11 AM ---

It probably works better on rci.  Although it’s been a few years I think it’s common on other cruise lines to not be able to access your room until I little later.  I’m speaking of Princess and celebrity. 

20 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

I am also finding out that on RCI your room won't be ready until 2PM so they offer a service - for a fee - where you can drop off your carry on before 1:30 PM and they will take it to your room. 

Almost 20 years ago HAL started the early boarding at 11:30, but cabins continued to be available about 2:00 PM. So, HAL started a storage area for carry-ons near the Lido pool. But there was no charge, and it was secure. 
I think it was a year or two later when they started with the delivery system. And then eventually the cabins were (normally) ready by 11:30, and we could go directly there after boarding. 

• Like 1