Carry On Soft Drinks in Cans

MisElainieous

52 minutes ago, MisElainieous said:

I was told you can carry on 12 soft drinks in the cans.  Is that per room or per person?  Thanks.

On Royal it is no more than 12 bottle that must be 17oz or less.  

These must be in your carry on only,  so you will be dragging them around with you until the rooms are ready around 1:30pm or so….

Edited by GTO-Girl
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 4:05 PM, CruiserBruce said:

It looks like the OP is on Carnival...based on their previous posts, which we shouldn't have to research.

The best place for your research would be the Carnival board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/133-carnival-cruise-lines/

Since she has a countdown in her signature it didn't take long to research, but I do agree that it would be helpful if posters did include the information in their post.

OP, Carnival allows you to bring on 12 cans per person in your carryon only, so as mentioned you will need to wheel it around with you until your cabin is available at 1:30 or so. Security will usually do a visual check on the cans so we always take our out of the box and put them in the carryon.

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

Since she has a countdown in her signature it didn't take long to research, but I do agree that it would be helpful if posters did include the information in their post.

OP, Carnival allows you to bring on 12 cans per person in your carryon only, so as mentioned you will need to wheel it around with you until your cabin is available at 1:30 or so. Security will usually do a visual check on the cans so we always take our out of the box and put them in the carryon.

Not everyone can see signatures...its an option to turn it off. People can have a lot of stuff in their signatures that clutter up reading the boards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

Not everyone can see signatures...its an option to turn it off. People can have a lot of stuff in their signatures that clutter up reading the boards.

It's good that you have time to research and that you take the time to do that. I don't have that kind of time and as a rule I don't do other people's research for them, if I don't already know the answer I just skip it and leave it to others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

I had forgotten what 'signatures' where.  

I really have not got the interest (nor patience) in scrolling through pages of past and future cruises.

Signatures 'off' is not an option for me......it's a necessity.

• Like 2

On 9/23/2022 at 4:05 PM, CruiserBruce said:

It looks like the OP is on Carnival...based on their previous posts, which we shouldn't have to research.

The best place for your research would be the Carnival board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/133-carnival-cruise-lines/

Wow...If it was an inconvenience to answer this persons question, you should have just kept scrolling instead of getting snarky...People come to these forums for help...not people to be rude!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, MCC retired said:

Watching guests walking around with 12 packs on their shoulders until cabins are ready 

makes me wonder why they must do this after spending $$$$ on the cruise upfront.

I think you answered your own question. Sometime people don't want to spend $5 on a single can of soda when they can buy a 12 pack for the same price and be inconvenienced for only an hour or so. For some who have to scrimp and save for their cruise, they try to cut costs whenever they can. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richbum said:

I think you answered your own question. Sometime people don't want to spend $5 on a single can of soda when they can buy a 12 pack for the same price and be inconvenienced for only an hour or so. For some who have to scrimp and save for their cruise, they try to cut costs whenever they can. 

We always bring soda to mix with the rum that we purchase for the cabin. Much more convenient (plus we have a wider variety of brands to choose from and can bring a soda we like).

Edited by sparks1093
  • Like 1

OP, yes you can bring soda. On carnival it’s 12 cans per person. You have to have it in your carry on and you’ll have to lug it around until the rooms open at 1pm. So I would suggest a later boarding time so you can go straight to the room. 
We brought soda on our last cruise with us because we knew we would never drink enough soda to make the bubbles package worth it, but I do like an occasional soda. We didn’t finish them all and our cabin steward kept them and took them to his cabin at the end. He was really excited to get them when we told him we weren’t taking them. 

10 hours ago, MCC retired said:

Watching guests walking around with 12 packs on their shoulders until cabins are ready 

makes me wonder why they must do this after spending $$$$ on the cruise upfront.

How is the cruise ticket price in any way connected to whether you're willing to buy an overpriced drink package?  

On 9/27/2022 at 7:18 PM, crystalspin said:

The Pepsi vs Coke, 7UP vs Sprite, thing is real. My mom drinks full-sugar Pepsi, I drink Coke (diet or zero). I wish that HAL would let us bring her Pepsi on board!

Exact opposite on Norwegian, they have Pepsi products exclusively