Disembarking time is so early for us to check in to hotels

forests_lover

We are a group of foreign travelers, booked next November cruise to Bahamas,  after the cruise ends we want to stay in Miami Beach for 10 days for vacation and sightseeing, the problem we currently have is that the ship (on disembark day) arrives port of Miami at 6:00 AM and the last possible disembark time for passengers is 9:00 AM, we can’t find hotels or even Airbnbs that would allow us to check in near 9, 10 or even 11 AM.

we have some luggage with us, and would be so grateful if anyone help us with an idea where to temporarily store the luggage until we can check in to the next hotel or AirBnB instead of waiting long hours in the streets carrying over our luggage.

thanks in advance.

Edited by forests_lover

• forests_lover changed the title to Disembarking time is so early for us to check in to hotels

If you are going to be in Miami for 10 days, will you be renting a car?  If so, put your luggage in the trunk and enjoy your day until you can check into your hotel or Airbnb.

The other option, which I have done, is book the hotel or Airbnb for an extra night (your final night of the cruise).  Just be sure to let them know in advance that you won't be checking in until the morning.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, forests_lover said:

we can’t find hotels or even Airbnbs that would allow us to check in near 9, 10 or even 11 AM.

Welcome to CC.

Virtually all hotels have some standard early afternoon "official" check in time - that doesn't mean you can't check in earlier. Some charge to check in early and room availability will depend on what's going on that day. Virtually all will allow you to leave luggage (for a fee or free).

• Like 2

Agree with the others regarding hotels.  If you're not getting a rental car, and staying at an AirBnB/VRBO, look into https://www.google.com/search?q=luggage+storage+miami&oq=luggage+storage+miam&aqs=chrome.0.0i512l2j69i57j0i512l6j0i390.5937j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8.  

We got off Mariner in July, our flight wasn't until the evening, we found a storage place at MCO, dropped our luggage, then went to Disney Springs to kill hours until we could check our luggage with the airline. 

As others have said, most all full-service hotels have luggage service.  And many hotels will let you check in early if they have an available room.  Many times I have arrived and check-in before noon at the typical chains - Marriott, Hilton, etc.  I would not leave my luggage in the car - there are just too many thieves out there.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, forests_lover said:

We are a group of foreign travelers, booked next November cruise to Bahamas,  after the cruise ends we want to stay in Miami Beach for 10 days for vacation and sightseeing, the problem we currently have is that the ship (on disembark day) arrives port of Miami at 6:00 AM and the last possible disembark time for passengers is 9:00 AM, we can’t find hotels or even Airbnbs that would allow us to check in near 9, 10 or even 11 AM.

we have some luggage with us, and would be so grateful if anyone help us with an idea where to temporarily store the luggage until we can check in to the next hotel or AirBnB instead of waiting long hours in the streets carrying over our luggage.

thanks in advance.

What I have done in the past is to make my reservations to begin the night before I arrive.

For example: My ship (or even my flight) arrives at 7AM on the 12th of the month, I make my reservation starting on the 11th with a late arrival note.  Yes, I have to pay for that night but my room is ready as soon as I arrive there.

I always make special note of the situation in the notes or comments section of the reservation and print it out. A few days later, I call the hotel and speak to someone who can verify the note and I can answer any questions they may have. I note the name of the person I spoke with. I then confirm again about a week before I need the room that everything is understood.

Haven't had a problem yet.

I do this because my wife suffers from bi-polar disorder. If we fly, cross multiple time zones, and/or take a redeye,,,my wifes sleep cycle will take a beating and compound multiple concerns. Paying that extra night is easy

Edited by klfrodo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

What I have done in the past is to make my reservations to begin the night before I arrive.

For example: My ship (or even my flight) arrives at 7AM on the 12th of the month, I make my reservation starting on the 11th with a late arrival note.  Yes, I have to pay for that night but my room is ready as soon as I arrive there.

I always make special note of the situation in the notes or comments section of the reservation and print it out. A few days later, I call the hotel and speak to someone who can verify the note and I can answer any questions they may have. I note the name of the person I spoke with. I then confirm again about a week before I need the room that everything is understood.

I don’t think I’d book an extra night in Miami if I was just getting off a cruise ship and was planning on sightseeing. They’re able to sleep the night before, shower, eat, get to the hotel and drop bags. It’s different if you need a room to sleep/shower.

Have a nice breakfast on the ship, the take your luggage to the hotel, they will definitely hold it until check in, then find something to do. In the afternoon you will find an excellent restaurant to have lunch. Enjoy.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 10:04 PM, klfrodo said:

I do this because my wife suffers from bi-polar disorder. If we fly, cross multiple time zones, and/or take a redeye,,,my wifes sleep cycle will take a beating and compound multiple concerns. Paying that extra night is easy

This is a good suggestion though, and I'm sorry for your wife, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 5:57 AM, jobev1014 said:

If you are going to be in Miami for 10 days, will you be renting a car?  If so, put your luggage in the trunk and enjoy your day until you can check into your hotel or Airbnb.

The other option, which I have done, is book the hotel or Airbnb for an extra night (your final night of the cruise).  Just be sure to let them know in advance that you won't be checking in until the morning.

Brilliant 

• Like 1

We have been at hotels near the port, and have checked our luggage, left, and the front desk took our cell phone number and called us when the room was ready. They know that guests who are getting on a cruise checks out a little early, and guests getting off the ship will want to check in early. It's been our experience that the hotel was always helpful. 

One side note: we bring zip ties with us rather than use luggage locks. We don't think anything will happen, but don't want to spoil our trip with a bad outcome.

• Like 1