Vision of the Seas self serve laundry.

I bring magnetic hooks and a camping clothesline. If I'm sitting out enjoying my balcony I hang the clothesline out there. Things dry much faster than in the shower. For a cruise longer than a week I will use the laundry service for underwear and tees. I try to choose quick dry fabrics and re-wear when possible.

8 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

I often go on vacations lasting up to 2 weeks.  I have never did laundry on vacation.  Airlines accept up to a 50.7 lb bag which is more than sufficient for one person.  

I'm on a ten-week cruise bundle.  My hair conditioner alone (not including other various toiletries) was about ten pounds.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LinRon3 said:

Those look like stronger magnet hooks than we get.  Kindly, could you tell us where you got them?  Dollar tree mags a bit lacking, ha. Thnx.

Definitely not Dollar Tree magnets.  What you want is a 22lb magnet (you can get stronger ones, but they then add more weight to your luggage.  A 22lb rated magnet will easily hold a damp shirt and hanger.).  I have had excellent luck with these:

https://www.amazon.com/MHDMAG-Refrigerator-Accessories-Neodymium-Refrigerators/dp/B07N57H5F6

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 12:32 PM, redtinarn said:

Is there not a drying line in the shower? And what do the magnetic hooks attach to?

Not all ships have the drying line in the shower (Symphony doesn't, for example).  

And even with a drying line, there isn't much air movement within the shower, so things will take a lot longer to dry.  Hanging them in the main room instead of the bathroom provides significantly more air flow, which significantly lowers the drying time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brillohead said:

And even with a drying line, there isn't much air movement within the shower, so things will take a lot longer to dry.

That may vary - some ships/cabins have a vent right above the shower tube and things may dry as quickly as out in the room, though perhaps not as quick as a balcony.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

This thread has got me thinking.

Wet bathing suits, and sweaty workout undies, can be washed and then hung in the shower to drip. What other clothing would have to be washed during a cruise?

Many of us cruise for much longer than a week.  

23 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Wet garments on hangers in the cabin?  Dripping on the carpet and possibly bed? 

After rinsing, your things drip in the shower, and then you lay them on a towel, roll up the towel, and walk on the towel.  This drives the moisture out of the garment and into the towel much better than wringing it out, and wringing it can stretch the fibers of the fabric plus add wrinkles.  

Towel-rolled garments are like taking something out of the washing machine after the spin cycle -- not dripping, just damp.  I've never had one of my hung up items drip in the room.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Not all ships have the drying line in the shower (Symphony doesn't, for example).  

And even with a drying line, there isn't much air movement within the shower, so things will take a lot longer to dry.  Hanging them in the main room instead of the bathroom provides significantly more air flow, which significantly lowers the drying time. 

Brand new ship Wonder...no drying line in the shower...even in our Grand Suite.   This has gone bye-bye with chocolates on the pillow.  😄 

12 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Don't forget ice sculptures and midnight buffets....all things of the past...

Oh...and those cute little ribbon tied gift packs waiting for us in the cabin from C&A.  Sigh....now it's yesterday's leftover WJ cookies.  😛

On 9/24/2022 at 5:07 PM, 2wheelcruiser said:

Will be boarding Vision for a nine night cruise in November. Would like to know if there is a self serve laundry room available, would make packing easier if so. Thanks in advance for the help. 

Now you can enjoy your cruise even more that you don't have to waste your time doing your own laundry. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, island lady said:

Brand new ship Wonder...no drying line in the shower...even in our Grand Suite.   This has gone bye-bye with chocolates on the pillow.  😄 

I still have a couple of RC baseball hats. Not sure what tier level we received them at. Bring back the pillow chocolates. If any of you don't/didn't like them, send them to our cabin. We did. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

I still have a couple of RC baseball hats. Not sure what tier level we received them at. Bring back the pillow chocolates. If any of you don't/didn't like them, send them to our cabin. We did. 

Funny story someone told us about the chocolates on the pillow.  He did not notice them there when he came back from a party night.  Crawled into bed, and then woke up in the morning to see the melted  "chocolate"  marks all over the sheets.  😳😱😲

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Funny story someone told us about the chocolates on the pillow.  He did not notice them there when he came back from a party night.  Crawled into bed, and then woke up in the morning to see the melted  "chocolate"  marks all over the sheets.  😳😱😲

Crap. What a bummer. 😉

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 4:56 PM, shipgeeks said:

...Wet garments on hangers in the cabin?  Dripping on the carpet and possibly bed?  Does anyone do this at home?

🤣🤣🤣 Why would you think people would drip water all over the floor? Roll it in a towel to get excess water out. Makes items dry a lot quicker.

• Like 1