Retreat "no longer available" for next July?

blueskadoo

8 minutes ago, blueskadoo said:

Hello All- checking out a cruise for July 2023 on Apex, and the Retreat came up as "no longer available". When I've seen it sold out in the past, it will actually say "sold out" I thought. Am I wrong? Its very likely! Thanks all.

I’ve never seen it say sold out 

It may not be sold out.  With the outage this weekend many of the sailings are messed up.   I'm looking at one and it disappeared but can find it on other sites e.g. American airlines under cruises.   It has been like that all weekend.   Check later or try another site to check availability.

Just checked and all 3 showing availability in Retreat -- Albeit the July 31 only has a Edge Villa at $13,000 pp

14 minutes ago, jelayne said:

CD432969-FEF8-4A34-A647-4059C46EBCEA.thumb.jpeg.5a0650734cf0c228c1a21d336bff2655.jpegI see it frequently 

This is a first for me, I’ve only ever seen the no longer available banner on the main page where we select the cabin category.  No longer available or sold out…cest la vie

Sold Out and No Longer Available mean exactly the same thing on Celebrity's site.

When you're previewing a cruise and you look at categories it will say "Sold Out."image.thumb.jpeg.d7d599c6a6cd0402be15f9e027dcf09f.jpeg

When you click into "Book Now" to actually book the cruise, it will say "No Longer Available." Why Celebrity doesn't use Sold Out in both locations, I don't know. But they don't and the two terms are interchangeable.

image.thumb.jpeg.d55214208d8c60cd87c664f1c46ae32b.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I talked to a Celebrity agent on Friday.  She said IT was making adjustments with cruises, excursions etc.  I had called because I was sent an email about getting ready for my AUS/NZ b2b cruises for 2024.  It always scares me when IT makes adjustments!  Anyway, things seem to be working better now; I even received an email about AUS/NZ being a mistake.

OP: You can always get on the wait list if The Retreat is where you want to be.

Edited by Lastdance

25 minutes ago, blueskadoo said:

Got a little more info…I guess the only retreat level suites left are “Magic Carpet” suites…per the TA. She’s supposed to be getting some more info, but any opinions on these? 

They are very nice and have a larger balcony, the end two have a side windo, either aft or forward, do not allow the MC being on the track to scare you away, it is not intrusive at all and rarely goes up/down

• Thanks 1

I booked a Christmas sailing a few months back and Retreat was sold out so I booked Aqua. Right after the 90 day mark a few suites opened so I called back and changed it. I recommend doing that over using the moveup option.

Same for another sailing. I wanted a cabin higher up so I checked it everyday until one opened then had it changed.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2022 at 6:53 PM, blueskadoo said:

Got a little more info…I guess the only retreat level suites left are “Magic Carpet” suites…per the TA. She’s supposed to be getting some more info, but any opinions on these? 

We sailed in a Magic Carpet Sky on the Apex.  It had a great bathroom and balcony.  The closet access and size was a tight compared to our friends S2 sky in another area.  We did not like the double door hall situation.  The hall was not terrible but you had to use your key twice and this was inconvenient when carrying something or when the inside cabin next door was being serviced.

44 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

Our Apr 2023 sailing Concierge and above on Infinity are sold out . Also our Mar 2023 Aqua and above on Summit are sold out.

Have been seeing the same thing even farther out into 2023.  There's another thread here where some are expressing concern about RCG's financial future as regards future income, but I'm seeing strong 2023 bookings even at the new and significantly higher prices.  RCG continues to confirm this in their conference call and financial statements.

• Like 1

For the OP, 2 of the Apex July ‘23 cruises show ‘Sold out’ SR types, one the Aqua Class and the other Retreat SRs. When you select ‘View Categories’ on the initial cruise page before you select ‘Book Now’, they show ‘Sold Out’. When you select ‘Book Now’ for those cruises, it uses the phrase ‘No Longer Available’ for those class SRs. 

No special meaning for either term except they are booked up either by us customers or a TA organization. And so many of us are booking cruises now, the popular times and itineraries, and ships such as the Apex, are filling up quickly.

As you can see from my signature, weve booked more than a few!!

Den