Princess Internet Package for 4 Devices

CalgaryKevin

Hi everyone, 

I'm scheduled to travel on my first cruise ever in November, aboard the Sky Princess.  I am travelling with my brother and my parents (different room).  If I buy the 4-device internet package, can we each access it with one device, even though we're in two rooms?  Or does each phone know its room number because of the Medallion App?  Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, CalgaryKevin said:

Hi everyone, 

I'm scheduled to travel on my first cruise ever in November, aboard the Sky Princess.  I am travelling with my brother and my parents (different room).  If I buy the 4-device internet package, can we each access it with one device, even though we're in two rooms?  Or does each phone know its room number because of the Medallion App?  Thanks in advance.

You can share the access with anyone you choose to.  We bought the 4 device package because it would cost us $10/Day either way, and we each connected two devices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

We just did that for the first time last week. I loved it!  The person who buys the 4 device plan shares their name, cabin number and birthdate with whomever they want to share the plan with. Then they use that info redeem (if I recall correctly).  Anyway worked like a charm. 

You recall 100% correctly. We just did the same thing last week - package was under my name, kids redeemed by logging in with my date of birth/room number. All four devices remained connected all week and wifi worked almost perfectly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, caribill said:

Which ship had the "almost perfect" wifi?

I'm not @ceilidh1, but I'd like to report favorable experiences with the Internet on my two Princess cruises - Regal Princess in November & December (Caribbean/Bahamas) and Majestic Princess in April (California Coastal).  I should note that I've heard more recent reports on the Regal and Majestic that their Internet experience hasn't been so good.  But they were in Europe and Alaska, respectively.  I blame the satellites and their current locations rather than the equipment on the individual ships.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, caribill said:

Which ship had the "almost perfect" wifi?

Believe it or not. the Royal in Alaska just last week. I had heard bad reports so wasn't expecting much but, other than slowing down among the glaciers (to be expected) we had zero issues with the wifi and had 4 devices connected at all times. I was able to do a live from thread, post pictures, use all social media, and the kids even watched a movie or two. No complaints for once about wifi!

• Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...

I am in a cabin alone and just purchased the 1 device wifi plan.  Might be a dumb question but can I switch between my phone and laptop (while only being on one device at a time).  Sorry, first time on Princess.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Hinano said:

I am in a cabin alone and just purchased the 1 device wifi plan.  Might be a dumb question but can I switch between my phone and laptop (while only being on one device at a time).  Sorry, first time on Princess.  Thanks.

Yes, you can.  You will only be allowed to connect to one device at a time.

1 hour ago, Hinano said:

Just sign out of one device and then sign in to your other device.

I was on the Norwegian Fjords cruise in June.  The WiFi was bad due to the Fjords.     I went down to the Internet Cafe and the Manager refunded  the full cost of the WiFi for the week as I had purchased WiFi separately not the Plus.