Door bangers

Tangakid

Please be considerate neighbors and do not let your cabin doors bang. I know they are heavy but it only takes a moment to hold the door and close it quietly. It ‘s startling to have the whole wall and bed shaking upon entering and exiting. 😲 Some of us need our sleep! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Tangakid said:

Please be considerate neighbors and do not let your cabin doors bang. I know they are heavy but it only takes a moment to hold the door and close it quietly. It ‘s startling to have the whole wall and bed shaking upon entering and exiting. 😲 Some of us need our sleep! 

It wasn't me dad, I was home on time, besides, I always sneak in so you can't hear me, I promise!

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

It is inevitable  that a door may accidentally slam shut on occasion. In which case an admonishment is unnecessary.

On the flip side there are those who habitually let the doors slam, and could care less how loud they are. In which case an admonishment is useless.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, mom says said:

On the flip side there are those who habitually let the doors slam, and could care less how loud they are. In which case an admonishment is useless.

And they are the same ones who do it at the hotel as well.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Tangakid said:

Currently on Summit. One child one board, he’s two years old, it’s not him! Just about every cruise line I have been on has had heavy self closing doors for safety reasons. 

We're all at home, not on the SUMMIT with you, perhaps you can admonish the people that ARE on the cruise.  Jeez though, the cruise admonishment list grows longer every day.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

Couldn't agree more. It just amazes me how callous these folks can be. Completely oblivious to their surroundings...

This was so had on 1 cruise that the Cruise Director made an appeal during their morning broadcast and published a plea in the daily programme. Not on Celebrity but Cunard's QM2.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, the penguins said:

This was so had on 1 cruise that the Cruise Director made an appeal during their morning broadcast and published a plea in the daily programme. Not on Celebrity but Cunard's QM2.

Weird. I just disembarked QM2 last Friday. My cabin door had a device on it so it didn't slam when it closed. I'd suggest Celebrity install those.

• Like 3

Another example of how fellow passengers spoil the whole cruise experience as per so many threads on this board. Having to wait to be served, queuing at the bar, people hogging sun beds, people not wearing masks, etc., and now door slammers.   I am guilty of all the aforementioned so really should be banned 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

Weird. I just disembarked QM2 last Friday. My cabin door had a device on it so it didn't slam when it closed. I'd suggest Celebrity install those.

Are you going to suggest that directly to Celebrity prior to your next cruise on Celebrity? It would help alot of Celebrity passengers.

38 minutes ago, weregoingcruising said:

Are you going to suggest that directly to Celebrity prior to your next cruise on Celebrity? It would help alot of Celebrity passengers.

I wasn't planning on it. I doubt they are unaware of the existence of the devices -- or of the cost to install them on thousands of cabin doors.

1 hour ago, hrhdhd said:

We had an in-hull balcony on QM2 once (an rjallt a few times) and those balconies have a slamming door rather than a slider. Our neighbors once were THE WORST about slamming it. We probably should have said something but of course didn’t. I wonder if they’ve installed those door closers on those now? Probably hard with the wind. 

1 hour ago, sbcs5390 said:

We had an in-hull balcony on QM2 once (an rjallt a few times) and those balconies have a slamming door rather than a slider. Our neighbors once were THE WORST about slamming it. We probably should have said something but of course didn’t. I wonder if they’ve installed those door closers on those now? Probably hard with the wind. 

That I don't know. I was in an inside, so I was talking about my cabin door. 😊

Have had the bad luck to be next to, or across from door slammers several times. People can make fun of us for mentioning it all they want but the slamming is very loud and disturbing if it happens late at night or early in the morning.  I was next to a 6 am coffee runner last cruise.  So great to be blasted out of a sound sleep at that hour. If  you're guilty and physically able to close it softly shame on you.

Edited by phoenix_dream
  • Like 5

Constant door slammers are bad; anyone can have a doe get away once in a while, but every time?!

our worst experience was not door slamming and was not on Celebrity.  It was our one and only and LAST Carnival cruise.  We booked this only because we wanted to take daughters and families on a family cruise.  All of them (daughter, SIL’s and 3 grandchildren all live in Texas.  We had to take into consideration various summer school schedules (1 granddaughter was determined to take a math course that summer), return to school, etc. for 3 different systems.  The practical option was to cruise from Galveston since they all lived within a couple of hours of Galveston.  Unfortunately, only Carnival was sailing from there late summer.  It was the last week before every public school in Texas returned for the fall😳.  Almost 2,000 passéngers under 18.  The fun 5he got to do all night . . . Run through the halls knocking on doors.  At 2:00 a.m.😳😳😳. Even our then 15-yo granddaughter said “thank you, Grandpa. I want to take another cruise one day.  Are there ships without so many kids.”😂

I can never believe how inconsiderate people can be, especially at night when they return to their cabin very late.  We have put a note on the door hoping they respond.  However, the last cruise we were on, it was crew that were guilty.  Their door was across the hall from ours.  At midnight one night there was a mighty slam that woke us up.  I phoned down to Guest Relations and told them the crew should be more considerate.  They said they would look after it.  Well, it happened again 2 hours later.  I guess they had returned from security duty.  We phoned again and I think we woke up the GR person!  Anyway, next day they had a repair man up to adjust the latch and he fixed the problem. 

I was taught not to slam doors when I was five.

Edited by TeaBag
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, C4HCG said:

Another example of how fellow passengers spoil the whole cruise experience as per so many threads on this board. Having to wait to be served, queuing at the bar, people hogging sun beds, people not wearing masks, etc., and now door slammers.   I am guilty of all the aforementioned so really should be banned 🤣

Can we hang out with you.........since you have a wonderful sense of humor 🙂

• Like 3