From King Crab to Poi-almost live from Koningsdam Alaska to Hawaii and back

Clay Clayton

We have completed all our necessary documentation (Verifly for American Airlines, Verifly for Holland American, and ArriveCAN for our 9/30/22 flight) and some that was mandatory until last Monday when Canada relaxed their covid procedures (ArriveCan for the Cruise and negative covid test for the cruise). We could’ve skipped having our test proctored, but since we wanted to take one anyway before leaving home and it was paid for and couldn’t be refunded we went ahead with it being proctored over the inner webs by WM Life Centers of Canada.  Great communication, friendly and professional proctor, inexpensive (CAN$25/US$18 total for a dual appointment for both of us), and negative. 

Just checked in for our flights tomorrow-had to tweet with AA as somehow my Global Entry number had been entered wrong so my first pass didn’t have TSA Pre on it. Given we need to be at the airport no later than 5 am with it, I really didn’t want to loose another hour of sleep to get there at 4!

So except for taking out the trash, turning off the water & water heater and locking the door…..

42981665-EBB4-4048-B646-4D630F9410C1.gif

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

Thanks but to find them in my size (3XLT) is tough and when I do, I figure for$105 I can be chilly for a few days.  Now if I was going on an Antarctic Expedition Cruise, it would be a different story!😂

EAAEAA74-158C-4331-B1F7-C4BD1DBE597F.png

Yes an expense, I think mine was about that price in Canadian dollars.  I rarely use it. You could take the opportunity to buy one of the world famous Cowichan sweaters while you are in the area. They aren't cheap but are very warm even when wet. Enjoy your trip. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Thanks but to find them in my size (3XLT) is tough and when I do, I figure for$105 I can be chilly for a few days.  Now if I was going on an Antarctic Expedition Cruise, it would be a different story!😂

EAAEAA74-158C-4331-B1F7-C4BD1DBE597F.png

Bombas has 3XL (although not tall) Merino wool shirts for $74.

Men's Merino Wool Crew Neck Long Sleeve T-Shirt – Bombas

3 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

We have completed all our necessary documentation (Verifly for American Airlines, Verifly for Holland American, and ArriveCAN for our 9/30/22 flight) and some that was mandatory until last Monday when Canada relaxed their covid procedures (ArriveCan for the Cruise and negative covid test for the cruise). We could’ve skipped having our test proctored, but since we wanted to take one anyway before leaving home and it was paid for and couldn’t be refunded we went ahead with it being proctored over the inner webs by WM Life Centers of Canada.  Great communication, friendly and professional proctor, inexpensive (CAN$25/US$18 total for a dual appointment for both of us), and negative. 

Just checked in for our flights tomorrow-had to tweet with AA as somehow my Global Entry number had been entered wrong so my first pass didn’t have TSA Pre on it. Given we need to be at the airport no later than 5 am with it, I really didn’t want to loose another hour of sleep to get there at 4!

So except for taking out the trash, turning off the water & water heater and locking the door…..

42981665-EBB4-4048-B646-4D630F9410C1.gif

Safe Travels!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, not in ks anymore said:

Hi Clay & Mike,

We'll be joining you on the Hawaii leg of your journey, but will follow your Alaska cruise as we pack. We also enjoy trivia so I'm sure we'll meet onboard. Safe travels on your way to Vancouver!

Carla & Keith

Look forward to you joining us! Safe travels. 

5 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

All so necessary!  I will be following along and am interested in your perspectives of your cruise.  Safe and uneventful travel wishes for you in order to  join the ship!  

• Thanks 1

Just now, Clay Clayton said:

What is this work of which you speak?

B4B67160-48FA-482E-9AD6-132B7E7C7A27.webp

I work in an office but it takes a while to get there and I don’t like to be rushed.  I usually get up at 4 unless I take my lunch then it’s 3:45.  Not taking my lunch in much.  I like to get in early because no one is there.  If I’m lucky I get home by 5.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I work in an office but it takes a while to get there and I don’t like to be rushed.  I usually get up at 4 unless I take my lunch then it’s 3:45.  Not taking my lunch in much.  I like to get in early because no one is there.  If I’m lucky I get home by 5.

My deepest condolences.

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

What is this work of which you speak?

Work the modern name for a quaint practice that dates back many many generations.  Its main purpose is to keep the little people in their place.  It used to be called Indentured Servitude.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Aboard America headed to Phoenix then on to Seattle and finally to Vancouver presuming we make our Air Canada Flight🤞

Will wave when you’re in Seattle today! Happy travels—hope it’s an “excellent adventure.”

Clay  so glad you are doing this blog on CC. I see you are now flying to Seattle in first Class. Good for for you. Never been on a Holland ship so  will be interesting to  hear  what you  and Mike think of your cruise . I will follow you form the Viking Explorer lounge. 😀

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LindaS272 said:

Will wave when you’re in Seattle today! Happy travels—hope it’s an “excellent adventure.”

Best hurry.   Waiting on our final flight now! But it just got a 40 minute delay…of course after we all but ran to get here as our flight from Phoenix departed almost an hour late due to ATC holds. 

531B6D84-0F93-4D34-87C1-23D93370D043.jpeg

• Like 5