Celebrity New Cruise Pricing

southernbreezes

Tied of getting daily specials from Celebrity that are not special.
I helped my daughter plan her first cruise a month ago she is going on the Edge out of Rome in a few weeks.
We picked the cruise then I told her to call my Travel agent get the best deal and just go ahead and book it. A few days ago we talked about her plans and I asked how much onboard credit she has...only $100.00 from the travel agent??, then what drink package she did not know?? I Emailed our travel agent and found out this. Were any of you aware of this?

Hi Ed and Jamie,
Celebrity implemented a new pricing strategy a few months ago.  They now have Cruise-only, All Included, and Retreat.  They no longer offer all included with the option to upgrade to elevate and indulge.  The new All-included package includes the Classic Beverage Package, the Premium is now reserved for the Retreat and the cruise-only has no perks.  Jamie, you have the All Included package with the classic beverage package.
Ed, I hope you and Becky are staying safe and are out of Ian's way.  
Take care,

Cheri

Like most businesses, "sales" are not really sales, just a changing of the way the customer might view it.  For example, Kohls gives you a 30% off coupon, but the prices of said items are often higher, so the savings is less.  And now a days, they exclude many items from those discounts.

I haven't done this with Celebrity, but I have with Princess.  The names of promotions change, the percents change, but the price really doesn't.  Not much anyway. 

It's marketing.

• Like 1

I am looking to book my first cruise with Celebrity.  It's on the Summit.

Right now they are running a 75% off 2nd guest.  I priced an Aqua Class for two and it came to $4k.

I am "assuming" this is a great deal despite the fact that cruise prices are just exorbitantly high.

Have not booked yet as I am still in thought about all of this.

Not sure how long this offer will go on as the "countdown clock" on their home page keeps changing to reflect you have limited hours to book and then goes back up again the next day...or so it seems.

NJRombo, That promotion will go away, and some new promotion will replace it. You don’t see how long the cruise is or what the itineraries so it’s hard to know if the price that you have been quoted is a good deal or not.  If you are comfortable with the price, book it.  Chasing price drops can drive you nuts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, southernbreezes said:

I helped my daughter plan her first cruise a month ago she is going on the Edge out of Rome in a few weeks.
We picked the cruise then I told her to call my Travel agent get the best deal and just go ahead and book it. A few days ago we talked about her plans and I asked how much onboard credit she has...only $100.00 from the travel agent??, then what drink package she did not know?? I Emailed our travel agent and found out this. Were any of you aware of this?

Hi Ed and Jamie,
Celebrity implemented a new pricing strategy a few months ago.  They now have Cruise-only, All Included, and Retreat.  They no longer offer all included with the option to upgrade to elevate and indulge.  The new All-included package includes the Classic Beverage Package, the Premium is now reserved for the Retreat and the cruise-only has no perks.  Jamie, you have the All Included package with the classic beverage package.
Take care,

Cheri

I think, though, you can still upgrade a classic bvg to premium, or upgrade the internet, for example. It’s just the Elevate and Indulge, across the board upgrades that are gone. They also increased the prices of specialty restaurants and are adding gratuities onto the booking price.

Just like the price increases of everything on land

• Like 1

2 hours ago, southernbreezes said:

Hi Ed and Jamie,
Take care,

Cheri

How much OBC were you expecting?

24 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

I am looking to book my first cruise with Celebrity.  It's on the Summit.

Right now they are running a 75% off 2nd guest.  I priced an Aqua Class for two and it came to $4k.

I am "assuming" this is a great deal despite the fact that cruise prices are just exorbitantly high.

Have not booked yet as I am still in thought about all of this.

Not sure how long this offer will go on as the "countdown clock" on their home page keeps changing to reflect you have limited hours to book and then goes back up again the next day...or so it seems.

Keep an eye on the sales at your local furniture store.  The name of the sale changes, the price stays nearly constant, and everything is ALWAYS on sale.  

Once in a while you might stumble across a great deal on one particular sailing, but most of the time, little changes with the sale of the week from the previous one. 

• Like 1

It’s been setup that way since summer. The previous pricing options were too confusing for some so they simplified it. You can still pay to upgrade to premium drinks and faster WiFi. The bulk of OBC people see (aside from the $600 that comes with a suite booking) is from the TA, not Celebrity. There is no requirement they give you additional credit.

If she’s happy with the price paid for what she received then I’m not sure what the concern is…

4 minutes ago, D C said:

Keep an eye on the sales at your local furniture store.  The name of the sale changes, the price stays nearly constant, and everything is ALWAYS on sale.  

Once in a while you might stumble across a great deal on one particular sailing, but most of the time, little changes with the sale of the week from the previous one. 

Thanks, D C

I am expecting the offers will change but somehow the price will remain pretty consistent, just substituting one sort of discount for another.  

I like this 75% off second guest offer.  Just haven't committed yet.  I am betting that countdown clock will reset itself tomorrow as I believe it did yesterday.

When I book a cruise, I make sure I understand what the total net cost will be.  

I know I'll ultimately want to pay gratuities, and have the premium beverage package and high speed internet.

So I calculate those costs and deduct any on board credit included in the deal.

If any of those items are included in the fare, I don't have to add them in.  If the fare includes the classic beverage package, I have to add in the cost to upgrade to premium. 

For me, it's always easiest to do this on the phone with a Celebrity rep and get exactly what I want and know exacly what my total net cost will be. 

Edited by mfs2k

4 hours ago, southernbreezes said:

Hi Ed and Jamie,
Take care,

Cheri

But they are still honoring the deal you booked under, right?  (we're traveling in October).   This is only for new bookings going forward?

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

It’s been setup that way since summer. The previous pricing options were too confusing for some so they simplified it. You can still pay to upgrade to premium drinks and faster WiFi. The bulk of OBC people see (aside from the $600 that comes with a suite booking) is from the TA, not Celebrity. There is no requirement they give you additional credit.

If she’s happy with the price paid for what she received then I’m not sure what the concern is…

Yes she is happy. My point is they keep advertising deals that are not deals she does not know.

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Suites are $800.00 now and have been.

Edited by southernbreezes

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

When I book a cruise, I make sure I understand what the total net cost will be.  

I know I'll ultimately want to pay gratuities, and have the premium beverage package and high speed internet.

So I calculate those costs and deduct any on board credit included in the deal.

If any of those items are included in the fare, I don't have to add them in.  If the fare includes the classic beverage package, I have to add in the cost to upgrade to premium. 

For me, it's always easiest to do this on the phone with a Celebrity rep and get exactly what I want and know exacly what my total net cost will be. 

I like to take the total price and calculate the per day cost, so that I'm comparing apples to apples on different deals.  I was pricing out 2023 cruises based on the current "sale".  Using the cruise only price,  (no beverage package, no internet, but I included gratuities), a standard balcony cabin on an older S class ship is going for $750 CAD per day.   I compare that to a cruise I just finished 2 weeks ago, on the brand new Royal Wonder of the Seas for a large balcony cabin, where my cost was only $600 per day.  Cruising is definitely no longer the bargain vacation that it used to be.

• Like 1