Please be gentle

shipper50

Look online at the deck plans for the Eurodam.  The deck 4 staterooms have a star type icon for shower only.  Cabins far forward and aft on deck 4.   You might want your TA to find a shower only stateroom for  you.  You could also book a handicap stateroom.  The tubs are high and might be an issue for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oaktreerb said:

Look online at the deck plans for the Eurodam.  The deck 4 staterooms have a star type icon for shower only.  Cabins far forward and aft on deck 4.   You might want your TA to find a shower only stateroom for  you.  You could also book a handicap stateroom.  The tubs are high and might be an issue for you.

Thank you. I sent an email to my booking agent telling her the situation. I looked at what she sent me and it shows a diamond and a circle for vf4033?

2 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Diamond: Staterooms have solid steel verandah railings instead of clear-view Plexiglas® railings

Circle: Triple (2 lower beds, 1 sofa bed)

How do I find what kind of shower-tub it has. Only want a shower.

2 minutes ago, shipper50 said:

Thanks. I sent my agent an email about me only wanting a shower do to my knee. Sure don't want to fall in a tub on my 73rd BD.🤪

No, you sure don’t want to have a fall!  Hope your agent finds a good cabin for you.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, canadianbear said:

No, you sure don’t want to have a fall!  Hope your agent finds a good cabin for you.   

Thanks. Not heard back from my agent, but did contact HAL and sure enough its a shower-tub combo. Have time to get a shower only one way or another.

3 hours ago, shipper50 said:

Thanks. Not heard back from my agent, but did contact HAL and sure enough its a shower-tub combo. Have time to get a shower only one way or another.

I hope you are successful getting the shower only cabin. 

In case you are not, it may be helpful to know that the sides of the tub are about the same height as the usual tub in a home, and that there are grab bars getting into/out of the tub. 
Showers have grab bars, too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RuthC said:

I hope you are successful getting the shower only cabin. 

In case you are not, it may be helpful to know that the sides of the tub are about the same height as the usual tub in a home, and that there are grab bars getting into/out of the tub. 
Showers have grab bars, too. 

Thanks, just changed cabins as we speak from 4033 to 4173 which has only a shower. Sad part is its going to cost me $250 more to change. I might have to get a job to pay for this, but been retired 22 years.🙃

3 minutes ago, shipper50 said:

Thanks, just changed cabins as we speak from 4033 to 4173 which has only a shower. Sad part is its going to cost me $250 more to change. I might have to get a job to pay for this, but been retired 22 years.🙃

Lean on (ask politely?) your TA to kick you back some OBC for not having got you the cabin you needed to start with.

On the bright side, you will have plexiglass railing, not metal.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, shipper50 said:

Thanks to all. I find it amazing how you all look stuff up so fast. 😉

I keep a browser window open with tabs for Cruise Critic general reading, all (four) of my Roll Calls, HAL, cruisedeckplans, halfacts, and usually the splash screen for Roger Jett's photography! My silly glidepoint managed to close that browser window last night so I am just repopulating it today!

• Like 1

This is some extra information  for anyone who might need an accessible cabin.

You pay for the cheapest cabin in your category but then assigned the lowest accessible cabin in that category, regardless of price.  It is written up somewhere in the fine print of  their policies. I'd guess that most agents aren't aware of this.

At least that was the policy some years ago. It could have changed by now.

Edited by OVgirl
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, OVgirl said:

This is some extra information  for anyone who might need an accessible cabin.

You pay for the cheapest cabin in your category but then assigned the lowest accessible cabin in that category, regardless of price.  It is written up somewhere in the fine print of  their policies. I'd guess that most agents aren't aware of this.

At least that was the policy some years ago. It could have changed by now.

Not sure what my agent knows, but her profile shows 25 plus years as a agent and been to Alaska 25 times? I do know after talking to her on the phone, her profile pic is about 20 years outdated.😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, crystalspin said:

Lean on (ask politely?) your TA to kick you back some OBC for not having got you the cabin you needed to start with.

On the bright side, you will have plexiglass railing, not metal.

It shows $60 OBC from agent, but not sure its on the HAL site. I didn't ask to see if she did anything on her own. Its costing me $240 more to have a shower, bout the most expensive shower in my many years.☺️

30 minutes ago, shipper50 said:

It shows $60 OBC from agent, but not sure its on the HAL site. I didn't ask to see if she did anything on her own. Its costing me $240 more to have a shower, bout the most expensive shower in my many years.☺️

nah... you're also getting a better balcony and location.  relax and enjoy!

• Like 1

Thanks for all your reply's to my posts. If you can see the pics on my profile, those are pics I took on my last Alaska cruise in 2012. The one was an eagle picking up a fish off the surface on a salmon fishing trip.

Alaska coast guard.jpg

Alaska falls.jpg

Alaska smallfalls.jpg

• Like 1