Can we discuss the benefits of booking with Celebrity Air?

Georgia_Peaches

We used them for our cruise out of Rome in September.  We got a great fare and had no issues.  We are using them again for our Hawaiian cruise next May.  Going First Class as it will be non-stop from NY.  So excited and the price was fantastic for a RT fare.  

On 10/3/2022 at 3:57 PM, alyssamma said:

FBC  = Flights by Celebrity

And while I don't doubt @Virginia100's experience, I think it is an outlier. You'll find the vast majority of people have had positive experiences and contacting FBC has been easy and helpful.

Not having to pay for a flight upfront + (almost always) cheaper price + "guarantee" of getting you to the ship far outweighs the few bad experiences that will occur with *any* transaction.

The better revised flight was done today. Finally,.

but on my February trip to Fll I found a new flight at a savings of $300 per person from my original flight but was told this flight was not refundable snd required immediate payment. Jet Blue. At this savings I booked.

Edited by Virginia100
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 8:58 AM, mfs2k said:

The main benefit is they will "guarantee" you make your cruise in the event of flight delays or cancellations. (to the best of their ability).  When you book on your own, you are on your own. 

Which is precisely why you get to your location where the cruises leaving at least one day early. Then you don’t need to worry about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bdstickks0944 said:

Which is precisely why you get to your location where the cruises leaving at least one day early. Then you don’t need to worry about it.

I generally arrive a day early. But lately have been booking air through FBC and am comfortable arriving day of.

But if you aren't going with the cruise air, definitely arrive a day early. Especially now when it seems like virtually all flights are delayed or worse (cancelled).

Interesting to hear of the different experiences fellow cruisers have experienced.  I am on the Beyond in March.  The flights from NJ were the same price on Jet Blue site or FBC.  I had much trouble trying to book on the Celebrity website so I called FBC.  To my amazement I was not on hold for more than several minutes.  The rep took my info, explained the advantage of FBC and then booked the flights, I choose the seats at that time but was not asked about delaying payment, that was immediate.  Within minutes I had the confirmation email with my eticket numbers a few minutes later the reservation appeared on my Jet Blue account.  Just hope I would need to find out if the guaranteed flight service is real!

• Thanks 1

I have used cruise air in the past and found great prices for one way International flights.  However for roundtrip flights within North  America, I’ve found better prices by booking direct with the airlines.  I’ve been fortunate with the flights i have booked with celebrity in that I have never had to contact them enroute regarding any issues.    

in March my daughter and her family cruised out of Fort Lauderdale.  They booked a flight through celebrity which flew Toronto-Charlotte-Fort Lauderdale.   When they  landed in Charlotte they learned their flight to FLL was cancelled.  No other flights available.   They contacted Celebrity after trying for 3 hours and were told Celebrity would look at what arrangements they could make and call back.   After four more hours and no call back and unable to contact anyone at Celebrity they approached the Airline themselves( nicely and on bended knee). Airline was able to squeeze them on a flight that night.   Two days later, while on the cruise they got a message from Celebrity saying that they were working on getting them to the ship.  Just one bad experience, I am sure lots of people have had better experience.

We just got back from Hawaii yesterday and if not for FBC we would be coming home today.  

On last Thursday in Honolulu gate C2 waiting for our 11 p.m. flight to Phoenix connecting to St. Louis for a 11 A.M. arrival. Friday.  Just as the gate closed and the American Airline employee left.  Everyone got alerts that the flight was cancelled due to no crew.  Flight was rescheduled to 8 A.M. Friday morning.  Called American  Airline to see about a comp. room and food.  Got the email for comp. and then I asked about the connection. Was told that the flights from Phoenix were full that day and would have to stay overnight in Phoenix for the next available flight Sunday.  WHAT!

In meantime we got email from Celebrity flights that they were aware of the change and were working on it.  Our immediate concern was to get to the Hotel and then call Celebrity flights.  So at the Hotel I opened the American Airline App. and sure enough the flights for Friday and Sunday were there.  I am mot making this up.  Like magic the reservations changed.  Celebrity changed the flights to leaving Friday from Honolulu 5 P.M. and connecting at DFW 9 A.M. arriving in St. Louis 11 A.M. SATURDAY.

Apparently it was too much work for A.A. to get us home Saturday.  But Celebrity flights  got us home 

Saturday.  Seems clear to us who was our advocate when our flight got cancelled.

• Like 2

We used them this summer for business class open jaw to/from Europe.  The price was about half of what could get from the airlines.   No issues.  I have purchased premium economy round trip to Buenos Aires from them this winter.  Got to select seats months ago and just paid for it the other day.  Saved about $1000 each over the airlines rate.

I booked flights for next year's Greek Isles cruise via FBC this past week.  Their prices were better than I could find on my own.  They had plenty of good options with no money down.  One thing to pay attention to is that some flights offer seat assignment while others do not.  I already have confirmed seat assignment and locator codes.

I think FBC offers good deals and a lot of flexibility.  I can cancel up to final payment and even after that, a $200 per person penalty isn't bad.  Plus, I know that Celebrity will intervene if there is a problem with my flights.

I like it.

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

I think FBC offers good deals and a lot of flexibility.

After doing much research and taking all the comments from this thread into consideration, we opted to book our own flights directly with the airline.  We did this for a couple of reasons...first, since it's a domestic flight, we found only a slight difference in the fare price and not having to call FBC to select seats was one less thing to worry about.  Second, we are past final payment so deferring didn't help us in this case.  Third, we are flying in a day ahead so we didn't really think we needed the "wait for us" safety net.  However, we will most definitely use FBC when we next cruise over seas.  This seems like the no brainer option.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sbrown5816 said:

Interesting to hear of the different experiences fellow cruisers have experienced.  I am on the Beyond in March.  The flights from NJ were the same price on Jet Blue site or FBC.  I had much trouble trying to book on the Celebrity website so I called FBC.  To my amazement I was not on hold for more than several minutes.  The rep took my info, explained the advantage of FBC and then booked the flights, I choose the seats at that time but was not asked about delaying payment, that was immediate.  Within minutes I had the confirmation email with my eticket numbers a few minutes later the reservation appeared on my Jet Blue account.  Just hope I would need to find out if the guaranteed flight service is real!

You obviously understand that FBC has zero control over flights, cancellations or delays.  Jet Blue tickets immediately.   Others do not.

8 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

After doing much research and taking all the comments from this thread into consideration, we opted to book our own flights directly with the airline.  We did this for a couple of reasons...first, since it's a domestic flight, we found only a slight difference in the fare price and not having to call FBC to select seats was one less thing to worry about.  Second, we are past final payment so deferring didn't help us in this case.  Third, we are flying in a day ahead so we didn't really think we needed the "wait for us" safety net.  However, we will most definitely use FBC when we next cruise over seas.  This seems like the no brainer option.

Just so you know, it was not necessary to call FBC to select my seats.

1. Step one, determine whether specific seats are included.  Be aware that the icon for a specific seat selection included is very similar to the icon for cabin selection.  But there is a drop-down arrow that, once clicked, will spell everything out.

2. Our outbound flight is on United and return flight on Lufthansa.  I was able to go to each respective airline's website, log in, enter my locator code, and select my seat without intervention from FBC.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Just so you know, it was not necessary to call FBC to select my seats.

1. Step one, determine whether specific seats are included.  Be aware that the icon for a specific seat selection included is very similar to the icon for cabin selection.  But there is a drop-down arrow that, once clicked, will spell everything out.

2. Our outbound flight is on United and return flight on Lufthansa.  I was able to go to each respective airline's website, log in, enter my locator code, and select my seat without intervention from FBC.

Were you automatically sent tickets after final payment?  

7 hours ago, fenton04 said:

I failed to mention that flights by celebrity had picked our seats and they were very much an improvement over the seating on the cancelled flight.  Who knew!

In Spring we used FBC for our European flights before and after cruise.  We were also frustrated as even with the booking and ticket nr we could not make seat reservations after final payment and ticketing directly with airline although it normally is an available option, we were even willing to pay fee for more legroom, but were told FBC controls booking.  As we had to go thru our travel agency who had to contact Celebrity, we did not bother anymore. Were then pleasantly surprised at check-in to find out we got 2 of the few seats with extra legroom in our economy section on both legs.  We think thanks to FBC, without having contacted them and without surcharge.

Edited by odysee

2 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

Thanks!   Could someone advise when are tickets issued after final payment?  Are they automatically sent to your email or do you have to request them? 

Did you receive a flight booking confirmation when you booked your flights?

2 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

Yes, I have confirmation numbers from FBC and I can access the United and Lufthansa bookings on their websites.  I have also selected my seats.  This is the first time we have ever booked FBC as we've always purchased flights directly from the airlines.

Edited by shirazcruiser