Bailey's Not Included?

JamieLogical

4 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Boy...I'm going to hate myself for this, but here goes.

What is it that NCL has taken away from you that causes you to come in here and constantly cry?

Wading into the deep end I see. 

• Haha 2

Interesting how this topic started out about Bailey's and eight pages later, has devolved into real estate taxes and all sorts of other stuff. Telephone, anybody?

Speaking of Bailey's (which was the original topic, remember?) I just got back from the store looking for Bailey's Light for my wife. They're completely sold out. She won't be happy.

Okay, back to the real estate (and other stuff) discussion...

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Boy...I'm going to hate myself for this, but here goes.

What is it that NCL has taken away from you that causes you to come in here and constantly cry?

If you can’t see (or choose not to see) how NCL nickels & dimes customers and consistently make changes to take more money out of your pocket and put it into theirs then there’s no reason to even answer your question. 

1 minute ago, DaCruiseBug said:

If you can’t see (or choose not to see) how NCL nickels & dimes customers and consistently make changes to take more money out of your pocket and put it into theirs then there’s no reason to even answer your question. 

Yeah...that's what I kind of thought.

In the mean time, I'm paying less to cruise on NCL now than I ever have...and their ships are nicer.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Is celebrity paying you for the hours you spend on a NCL board begging folks not to cruise NCL? I would not sail celebrity, it’s not a product that interests me, but to each their own.

So because I have valid points then Celebrity must be paying me? What specifically about Celebrity doesn’t interest you? Have you even sailed Celebrity in the past 5 years?

6 minutes ago, DaCruiseBug said:

How’s that $600 cruise that wasn’t actually $600 since you applied a bunch of FCC to it? That’s what I kind of thought.

OK...I'll repeat, but just for you....

This is for a solo, on the Breakaway, for a 7 night New England Cruise, in a Club Balcony Cabin, with all the Free At Sea Perks....

I’m at $836 before any FCC.  Used my AMEX Platinum to pay and they gave me $200 OBC + a dinner at LeBistro with a bottle of wine.  My Latitudes status got me another 2 Specialty dinners plus another $75 OBC.  Got another $100 OBC for owning NCL stock. My “all in” fare got me another 2 Specialty Dinners.  That’s 5 Specialty Dinners.

-$375 total OBC subtracted from $836….that brings the out of pocket for this cruise to $461.  Not even using the TA’s “free tips” promo (not sure why I’d not take advantage of that) the out of pocket would be $617.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

OK...I'll repeat, but just for you....

This is for a solo, on the Breakaway, for a 7 night New England Cruise, in a Club Balcony Cabin, with all the Free At Sea Perks....

I’m at $836 before any FCC.  Used my AMEX Platinum to pay and they gave me $200 OBC + a dinner at LeBistro with a bottle of wine.  My Latitudes status got me another 2 Specialty dinners plus another $75 OBC.  Got another $100 OBC for owning NCL stock. My “all in” fare got me another 2 Specialty Dinners.  That’s 5 Specialty Dinners.

-$375 total OBC subtracted from $836….that brings the out of pocket for this cruise to $461.  Not even using the TA’s “free tips” promo (not sure why I’d not take advantage of that) the out of pocket would be $617.

It doesn’t matter what your OBC is or what offers you got. You’re at $836. Your $600 figure is inaccurate.

32 minutes ago, DaCruiseBug said:

It doesn’t matter what your OBC is or what offers you got. You’re at $836. Your $600 figure is inaccurate.

Why can't I use OBC?  Of course it matters. It's money I don't have to spend on the cruise.  That makes it the MOST accurate measure.  As I said, at the end of the day, it's about how many greenbacks I had to spend for the cruise.  

Subtract your $600 of OBC on your Celebrity cruise and what's your out of pocket?

Look, I'm sure you're a nice guy and a joy to cruise with (you are...aren't you?). No matter how I put the figures out there, you don't like them.  That's OK.  You don't have to.

But, if you do not like NCL (and I get it if you don't), that's OK, too.  Stay with Celebrity (I like them, too), or MSC, or Carnival, or Royal or whomever else you do like.  But, don't denigrate those of us who choose to sail NCL.

Wish you the best!  

As my friend @Sthrngary always says....CRUISE WELL!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Why can't I use OBC?  Of course it matters. It's money I don't have to spend on the cruise.  That makes it the MOST accurate measure.  As I said, at the end of the day, it's about how many greenbacks I had to spend for the cruise.  

Subtract your $600 of OBC on your Celebrity cruise and what's your out of pocket?

Look, I'm sure you're a nice guy and a joy to cruise with (you are...aren't you?). No matter how I put the figures out there, you don't like them.  That's OK.  You don't have to.

But, if you do not like NCL (and I get it if you don't), that's OK, too.  Stay with Celebrity (I like them, too), or MSC, or Carnival, or Royal or whomever else you do like.  But, don't denigrate those of us who choose to sail NCL.

Wish you the best!  

No, it doesn’t. There’s plenty of people that spend $0 on the cruise. So what good does that OBC do? You end up spending it but you’re still paying out of pocket that $836. When I say how much my Celebrity or MSC or NCL cruise costs I say how much comes out of my pocket. GMC includes 3 years of on-star with their vehicles valued at $1,500 so if you buy a $30,000 vehicle do you say you only paid $28,500 for it because you got $1,500 worth of “perks”? Of course not. That’s just silly.

1 hour ago, DaCruiseBug said:

So because I have valid points then Celebrity must be paying me? What specifically about Celebrity doesn’t interest you? Have you even sailed Celebrity in the past 5 years?

One of the reasons I haven’t tried RCL is because I love not having to make a reservation for dinner, we show up when we want to eat (sailed DCL and didn’t like traditional, I don’t even want to make reservations the day of), I like waterslides, and I like the dress code to be as casual as possible (I have several good friends who welcome opportunities to dress up, not me). Do you sail on NCL or just complain about NCL?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Wish you the best!  

I seem to recall when you were on this forum for over a month, 'crying' because NCL cancelled the GEM/Joy cruises at the restart. In fact, you said you would NEVER sail on NCL again. You even had that statement in your profile lol. 

When YOU are upset with NCL it's ok to 'cry' about it here, but when another forum member has a problem you take particular issue with it? Seems like a double standard to me.

image.png.282f36b874b5e95c1cdebf2c48c7e773.png

May and June of 2021 are literally filled with your posts expressing how NCL did you wrong and how you would never sail with them again. We all understood how angry you were with NCL, especially since you doubled down a month prior, stating that your cruise deployment was not fluid and that NCL had 'spoken'. It was painful for us to watch your reaction when NCL ripped the cruise away, yet many NCL loyalists offered you grace and understanding. 

The world would be better with more grace. 

8 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

One of the reasons I haven’t tried RCL is because I love not having to make a reservation for dinner, we show up when we want to eat (sailed DCL and didn’t like traditional, I don’t even want to make reservations the day of), I like waterslides, and I like the dress code to be as casual as possible (I have several good friends who welcome opportunities to dress up, not me). Do you sail on NCL or just complain about NCL?

Clearly you haven’t sailed Celebrity because almost all cruise lines have anytime dining…including RCL and Celebrity. Also, Celebrity doesn’t even have formal night anymore…so there’s that. They’re called evening chick and people just wear jeans and a button down shirt.

2 hours ago, DaCruiseBug said:

You’re the perfect NCL customer. Ok with anything they do because you have blinders on and an emotional attachment to a corporation. Until one day they’ll take away something you really like and you’ll be the first one in here crying about it.

You don't even know me. You won't find me crying about anything. You will find me going elsewhere or paying for it. Do you really think complaining about it and insulting people you disagree with will change any decision made by NCL? I have cruised on other lines. I like the food best on Celebrity, I like turkey night on Carnival (if they still have it). I hate the pool area on the Encore but found somewhere I like to sit. I don't like that there is no spice H2O and I hate that they charge extra for lobster but if I want lobster, I will pay for it. I am going back on the Encore because I loved it. I am getting the drink package because when you put it all on paper and look at what drinks would really cost you (on all cruise lines) it is a good value. Have a great day. I am going back to being emotionally attached to the corporation that allows me to cruise by writing me a paycheck. I will gladly give some of that to NCL. 

Edited by KAYKAY121
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, DaCruiseBug said:

Clearly you haven’t sailed Celebrity because almost all cruise lines have anytime dining…including RCL and Celebrity. Also, Celebrity doesn’t even have formal night anymore…so there’s that. They’re called evening chick and people just wear jeans and a button down shirt.

Yes, and from everything I’ve read is that anytime dining doesn’t work well, you still need a reservation, limited availability at least on celebrity. I like to walk into a MDR with my family of 7 and be seated at a table, when we feel like it. If someone said what they were looking for in a cruise was fine dining, a quiet pool deck, guest lecturers and high tea, I would not try to convince them that NCL was a good choice for them, because it wouldn’t be.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DaCruiseBug said:

But nobody is forcing you to cruise NCL. There are options - find one which better suits your needs. Problem solved!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, PATRLR said:

Goodness I wish people would stop saying this.  It's so unfortunate how many people actually believe this to be true.

You're right because if you don't choose the FAS then NCL will reduce your fee if you choose a guaranteed cabin and pay by the drink or pay for the beverage package which is still more than booking with FAS and choosing your cabin. No thanks

I understand every person on NCL is paying more per cabin to accommodate the FAS promotion if not booking on a guarantee. I also don't pay for what I don't want to pay for when on board so it works for me. 

I just did a mock booking on the Edge and Prima for the same week I am sailing.  Balcony cabins for both, alcohol package for both. Celebrity price doesn't have airfare or Specialty dining.  The fare is $700.00 more than on NCL Prima. It is just personal choice. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjkacmom said:

Yes, and from everything I’ve read is that anytime dining doesn’t work well, you still need a reservation, limited availability at least on celebrity. I like to walk into a MDR with my family of 7 and be seated at a table, when we feel like it. If someone said what they were looking for in a cruise was fine dining, a quiet pool deck, guest lecturers and high tea, I would not try to convince them that NCL was a good choice for them, because it wouldn’t be.

No, that’s not the case at all. With Celebrity if you picked anytime dining you just show up whenever you want. No reservation required. Celebrity also isn’t “quiet pool decks”. The Celebrity of today isn’t the Celebrity of 10 years ago. So all your assumptions aren’t based on actual experiences…just based on what someone somewhere may have said.

4 minutes ago, KAYKAY121 said:

You're right because if you don't choose the FAS then NCL will reduce your fee if you choose a guaranteed cabin and pay by the drink or pay for the beverage package which is still more than booking with FAS and choosing your cabin. No thanks

I understand every person on NCL is paying more per cabin to accommodate the FAS promotion if not booking on a guarantee. I also don't pay for what I don't want to pay for when on board so it works for me. 

I just did a mock booking on the Edge and Prima for the same week I am sailing.  Balcony cabins for both, alcohol package for both. Celebrity price doesn't have airfare or Specialty dining.  The fare is $700.00 more than on NCL Prima. It is just personal choice. 

No, it’s because the barebones rates on NCL are mostly inflated compared to the competition. So while there may be a small difference between a sailaway rate and a rate with perks…it’s not because you’re getting some amazing deal on the perks it’s because the sailaway rate is inflated to begin with.

Also, I can find just as many Edge/Apex sailings cheaper than the Prima. Much of it is based on itinerary and supply/demand. You can’t just pick 1-2 weeks and make a case of it based on that.

9 minutes ago, DaCruiseBug said:

No, that’s not the case at all. With Celebrity if you picked anytime dining you just show up whenever you want. No reservation required. Celebrity also isn’t “quiet pool decks”. The Celebrity of today isn’t the Celebrity of 10 years ago. So all your assumptions aren’t based on actual experiences…just based on what someone somewhere may have said.

Ok so if I wanted to sail out of the nyc area next month, what are my options for a ship where I could show up in my shorts and get seated for dinner whenever (according to celebrity anytime dining is limited and based on how early you book), and have some nice waterslides?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Ok so if I wanted to sail out of the nyc area next month, what are my options for a ship where I could show up in my shorts and get seated for dinner whenever (according to celebrity anytime dining is limited and based on how early you book), and have some nice waterslides?

Please don’t sail on Celebrity. I get the impression that Carnival would suit you better.

1 hour ago, DaCruiseBug said:

No, it’s because the barebones rates on NCL are mostly inflated compared to the competition. So while there may be a small difference between a sailaway rate and a rate with perks…it’s not because you’re getting some amazing deal on the perks it’s because the sailaway rate is inflated to begin with.

Also, I can find just as many Edge/Apex sailings cheaper than the Prima. Much of it is based on itinerary and supply/demand. You can’t just pick 1-2 weeks and make a case of it based on that.

1. No, a fair comparison is whatever week you are taking a cruise for the same length same ports. Neither of these prices were sailaway rates. YOU CANNOT get FAS with Sailaway rates. They were both chosen rooms of the same category with all perks included and room # assigned on each cruise line. NCL was $700 cheaper than Celebrity and offered more. Not sure how that is barebones. 

image.png.42a40b0c9965359cfc74441118775399.png

2. The sailaway/guaranteed rate plus  paying for a drink package is not cheaper than choosing a room and choosing FAS on NCL. And NCL does not discount your room based on whether you choose FAS. Yes the increased cabin prices cover some FAS costs but you can't discount just your room so in essence we are only paying gratuity for the basic drink package.  < This statement was in reference to the comment above. 

• Like 2