Who watched the Real Love Boat?

Roatanfans

There are a lot of people younger than your generation who do work, have worked, and who do have a lot of money!  They might also be in debt, and do not begin to understand the concept of saving.  But, they do have spendable money.

People have opined about the younger generations, I think, since the beginning of time!  The negativity is rarely helpful.

Yes, there are HUGE differences, cultural, etc. between the younger generation and these 'old folks'.

And, these can be troubling.

But, that has been the case before, as well.  

Even my son, seeing how things were going with everybody in his age group, said the other day...  "Is this the new normal?" 

If things were only for the 'older' generation, then things would not last very long.

Edited by Wishing on a star

On 10/7/2022 at 6:30 PM, KLM3164 said:

Nope. I watched the whole game but in the end my home team lost……it was an embarrassment. I’m going to watch one more game and if we have a repeat performance I’ll be done for the season. I really did want to like this show but it was so boring! 🥱

@c-boyI said I’d watch one more episode and would quit the game if it was as boring as episode #1. It perked up last night so I’ll continue to play.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

We never watch any so-called "reality" shows so it's no surprise that we didn't watch this one. as for targeting a younger demographic:  My generation can cruise because we saved money. The younger generation tends to spend their money with little or no thought for the future. It's no wonder Princess wants these folks to sail their ships. Not only do they feel a need to attract a future cruise population but they love the idea of people who don't understand the concept of being frugal and who tend to spend every cent they get their hands on.

Ok boomer.....smh.  I'm younger than most here by 20-30 yrs., and can afford 2-3 week cruises  3-5 times a yr, and not even touch my investments and still do a  10% contribution to my savings every payday.  Most of those I work with can as well.   Gotta love IT work these days.  Silly generalization.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

@c-boyI said I’d watch one more episode and would quit the game if it was as boring as episode #1. It perked up last night so I’ll continue to play.

good to have you with us. What was your favorite part of episode two ?

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, c-boy said:

good to have you with us. What was your favorite part of episode two ?

Favorite part was the race they had to the top of the rock. Enjoyed watching the teams compete and answer the questions along the way. I’m not surprised that Brett didn’t want to go to the Fantasy Suite (or whatever they call it on the show). Looking forward to next week’s episode now!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, caribill said:

They said he was suddenly ill. Had to be something sudden that would not clear up in a day or two.

Certainly wasn't a STD.   His female partner said she felt like she was dating a priest because of the low number of partners he had been with.   Karma got her of course when she ended up being left behind in Gibraltar.

Best part of the show is seeing the ports we have visited many times over the years.  Basically the show is a cross between the Bachelor and the old Love Boat, so not really impressed with the format but better than politics on TV.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

Favorite part was the race they had to the top of the rock. Enjoyed watching the teams compete and answer the questions along the way. I’m not surprised that Brett didn’t want to go to the Fantasy Suite (or whatever they call it on the show). Looking forward to next week’s episode now!

😁 no to the suite. Brett was too tired after that couples challenge 🤣.  Seemed like a great guy, maybe they'll hook up on shore.

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sonomaphil said:

The Real Love Boat debuted to the lowest rating of any new show on US broadcast television this season.  Watch it while you can, it will be gone soon enough. 

They'll show the entire series, and unless ratings improve, never produce another edition.

3 hours ago, sonomaphil said:

The Real Love Boat debuted to the lowest rating of any new show on US broadcast television this season.  Watch it while you can, it will be gone soon enough. 

And practically no one will miss it when it is gone.

I don't watch reality dating shows but I did watch this to see what it was like.  As soon as they said Brett was ill and wouldn't be back I said to dh that he must have Covid.  

We too were surprised at some of the numbers although they were interviewed before the show.  I figure some of the numbers were made up because they didn't know the answer.  Really, at 25-29 years old who remembers how many people they kissed on a first date!  Not exactly something one keeps track of.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, richla said:

We made it through almost all of the opening introduction before changing the channel. Seems like just another reality dating show.

Did you not see any promotions on CBS or read anything about it on line beforehand?  I will infer that it's similar to Love Island, another CBS reality show with 20-30 somethings involved. But it's still cruise related to a certain degree and the second show was better than the first one.  After factoring out commercials on your DVR, it's 45 minutes of light entertainment from a cruise in the Mediterranean.  Nothing wrong with that.