Has The New Upgrade System Put A Stop To Unwanted "Upgrades"?

SargassoPirate

For years I've had to watch my bookings with Princess closely because they would ignore my "no upgrades" request and move me from my perfect cabin to a crappo location without asking.   Most of the time I was able to get my original cabin choice back, but not always.

I wonder if that's a thing of the past?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Probably not. IIRC someone reported recently that received an "upgrade" without asking/being asked.

Happened to me a couple of months ago. I missed the notification & couldn’t get my cabin back.  Cancelled cruise.  Had marked no upgrade.

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Ditto.  There may be less UG’s now, but the Bidding did not replace that program.

It's the most annoying thing to me about booking with Princess.  No upgrades should be the default and then allow people to have their bookings marked "please upgrade" if they are willing to take their chances.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

It's the most annoying thing to me about booking with Princess.  No upgrades should be the default and then allow people to have their bookings marked "please upgrade" if they are willing to take their chances.

I like that AND put it on the website or the app.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dolphfan said:

We were upgraded about two weeks ago for a January cruise. Same deck, but from forward to mid forward? We didn't see it until I read your post and checked.

Dolphfan, 

Did you originally book with Princess, a website or a travel agent?  Just curious.

On 10/9/2022 at 3:34 PM, trbarton said:

How do I check the bids that I made?

Tom😀

Go to your acceptance email from Princess or go into your booking online on their website, find the bidding upgrade area, go through the process of providing last name and booking number, then your bidding offers will show with the meters to change it. That’s the long way. Easy is through your email acceptance. 

On 10/9/2022 at 8:33 AM, SargassoPirate said:

For years I've had to watch my bookings with Princess closely because they would ignore my "no upgrades" request and move me from my perfect cabin to a crappo location without asking.   Most of the time I was able to get my original cabin choice back, but not always.

I wonder if that's a thing of the past?

No.  It happened to DH just last week. He was in two different cabins in his favorite area of the ship for B2B cruises. Both reservations were marked No Upgrade. I just happened to look at his Medallion app on his phone (to see what Princess was doing with his dining reservations) when I noticed that he had been moved into one cabin for both cruises in an entirely different area. It was a two category upgrade for the first cruise and a lateral move for the second. Spent two hours on Chat with Princess. Got him moved back into his original cabin for the first cruise, and a promise that he would be moved into a different cabin in a different but preferable area than the cabin Princess assigned, but it took so darn long to keep going back and forth to whoever it was being escalated to that that cabin disappeared.

Customer disservice is the current Princess slogan. 

• Like 1

I was frantically notified by my TA that the No Upgrade had been removed from my profile, and she immediately put it back on after I told her that it was okay to do so.  Since we require (actually REQUIRE) an ADA room for a motorized wheelchair, we don't need this kind of aggravation.   I was furious for a while until I figured out where it may have happened.  We received a meta-upgrade for a b2b2b cruise and they may have removed it to make it happen and then forgot to set it back.