The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday October 10th, 2022

richwmn

12 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

Happy Thanksgiving.  We had our "big meal" yesterday, just Jim and I, and it was very good.  I made everything except the cranberry sauce.  For some reason, we like the canned stuff better than homemade.   My pumpkin pie turned out really good.  And we have leftovers for today.🙂

So do I. 😋

11 hours ago, kazu said:

No, it’s Thanksgiving.  Everything is closed.  Have to wait until tomorrow to take the SUV in / have it towed.  Not sure if it it should be driven or not - if it’s the same problem it shouldn’t be.  Will call tomorrow to double check

I hope it turns out to be a minor/inexpensive repair. 🤞

8 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Project complete.  No mail until tomorrow though due to the holiday.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIRRvF9IyXL1rIrCV6S4kb_4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1665412986

Goo job! 👏

8 hours ago, bennybear said:

8BC51C97-77D2-4A9D-9964-5C538A3CB873.jpeg

This looked so good I had to get this for lunch today. 😉😋

4 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

This afternoon, I'm trying to organize the things we need to take with us tomorrow morning.  DH does not need much, I will need a few things, and I don't want to be hunting for them at 4 am.

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

So the sun did decide to show its face after all.

We went in search of replacement earrings, but returned empty handed.  

Afterward, I used the plunge pool outside our cottage and had a few visitors.  

I thought you might like to see some pictures of them.  

They are awfully cute.

(Not sure how I stuck these posts together.)

@Quartzsite Cruiser prayers  that DH’s surgery goes well. 🙏

@Cruzin Terri glad you were able to enjoy the sun for a bit.  🙂

Edited by dobiemom
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Thank you, Terri.  It's nice to know people are pulling for him.

Lenda

I can’t speak for everyone of course, but I am  sure many here are ♥️ I am certainly pulling and praying for him  and you as you wait 🙏🏻 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the daily, the lists, the  food and drink recipes and photos of today's port.  We have visited Hilo on the Volendam, on one cruise  after leaving port, the Captain announced that the vessel would move slowly, so we could all view the volcanic eruption, an amazing sight in the dakness. 

Quite heavy rain when we arrived at the neighbourhood supermarket this morning.  

@Quartzsite Cruiser sending very best wishes to your DH for successful surgery tomorrow.

@kazu Pleased that you had a good thanks giving meal.  Good luck with the SUV tomorrow. 

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda, adding my prayers for you and DH tomorrow, as well as for the surgical team. 

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Me too!🙏

3 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Lenda, praying that all goes smoothly for DH tomorrow morning and you are able to relax a bit. 

3 hours ago, bennybear said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda, sending my wishes for everything to go smoothly tomorrow 

2 hours ago, superoma said:

@Quartzsite Cruiserhope all goes well for your dh tomorrow

1 hour ago, dobiemom said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser prayers  that DH’s surgery goes well. 🙏

@Cruzin Terri glad you were able to enjoy the sun for a bit.  🙂

1 hour ago, kazu said:

I can’t speak for everyone of course, but I am  sure many here are ♥️ I am certainly pulling and praying for him  and you as you wait 🙏🏻 

18 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for the daily, the lists, the  food and drink recipes and photos of today's port.  We have visited Hilo on the Volendam, on one cruise  after leaving port, the Captain announced that the vessel would move slowly, so we could all view the volcanic eruption, an amazing sight in the dakness. 

Quite heavy rain when we arrived at the neighbourhood supermarket this morning.  

@Quartzsite Cruiser sending very best wishes to your DH for successful surgery tomorrow.

@kazu Pleased that you had a good thanks giving meal.  Good luck with the SUV tomorrow. 

Stay safe, take care everyone.

17 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

And I am adding my most positive thoughts also.

Susan

It's been another long, busy day, so please forgive me for including everyone who wished DH, the surgical team, and me good  things for tomorrow in one post.

We both appreciate all of your good wishes for a good outcome tomorrow. 

It means a lot to have such a caring, supportive people pulling for us.  This is what makes the Fleet/Daily such a special place.  I wish I couod give each of you a big hug.

If I've forgotten antone, please forgive me, and know you are included, just not named.

Lenda

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Thank you, Terry.  The surgery is scheduled for 7 am and is supposed to take 20-30 minutes.  They say it will be after the second surgery on 10/24 before there the sciatica pain begins to really lesson.  The second one takes about an hour, normally.  Our neighbor had his second one this morning, but for some reason it took a little more than four hours.  His wife didn't say why it took so long, but he is okay and up walking.

Lenda

Sending you both our prayers 🙏 and best wishes for today's surgery on your husband Lenda.

Graham.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser I'm on late again today but, please add my 🙏prayers🙏 for your DH and his medical team to those already given.

(And, please don't feel the need to respond. You have higher priorities.)

-Melisa

5 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Checking in late today, but want to add my voice and prayers for @Quartzsite Cruiser’s DH tomorrow.  Adding you, Lenda, as well, because it’s often harder being the supporter than the one having the surgery.  I hope you’re able to get some rest tonight. 

5 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser, sending good thoughts your way, for you and DH.  
The internet is so amazingly slow here on Nieuw Amsterdam that I better say no more!

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sending you both our prayers 🙏 and best wishes for today's surgery on your husband Lenda.

Graham.

Thank you all for your prayers and support.  It really does mean a great deal to me.

Lenda

• Like 8