Crown & Anchor Bonus amenities

On 10/10/2022 at 12:16 PM, pfdaxe358 said:

Oh ok...and you really think all of that was "free"  Sure 😉

WOW! Free? Not in the traditional sense.  Yes, you are paying for a ticket.  But the amenities/benefits are included in the fare, a fare that is discounted because of your status, BTW.  If you use none of it, some of it, or all of it, the fare is the same.  So, in that context, it's free, you did not pay extra for the extra amenities/benefits.  And yes, you have to do a lot of cruising and paying for the tickets to do so.  However, I know in my case, at least, I'd do those cruises anyway, I generally don't cruise because of the C&A benefits (yes, my next cruise is to achieve D status, but we'd probably look to cruise this month anyway). That's a non-issue issue.  

And you are the one that said, "and we'll give you a can of pop "each".  That is factually incorrect and that's where this started.  

Last point:  Of all the 3 or 4 "big box" cruise lines, Royal's Loyalty Benefits/Amenities are probably (I say probably because I haven't researched each and every one of them) the most generous. I know it's much better than Rustbucket Cruise Lines, Inc (Carnival)).  

• Like 1

Speaking of "FREE" Loyalty amenities/benefits, when you do reach the status where you get the "FREE" drinks, do you have to do anything, like check-in at the Loyalty desk, or whatever, to get the vouchers placed in your Set Sail Account?

1 minute ago, Ret MP said:

Speaking of "FREE" Loyalty amenities/benefits, when you do reach the status where you get the "FREE" drinks, do you have to do anything, like check-in at the Loyalty desk, or whatever, to get the vouchers placed in your Set Sail Account?

No they are loaded on your seapass card

6 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Also FREE Drinks in the Diamond Club/Lounge 5P to 8P

Aside from the 4 Drinks/Night Encoded on your SeaPass

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Swath said:

Do they still do the free drinks in the Diamond Lounge?  I think I read that they don't do that anymore.  The 4 drink voucher replaced it but if you want the drinks in the D lounge, you have to use your free drink voucher(s).

Enquiring minds want to know

Just now, Ret MP said:

Do they still do the free drinks in the Diamond Lounge?  I think I read that they don't do that anymore.  The 4 drink voucher replaced it but if you want the drinks in the D lounge, you have to use your free drink voucher(s).

As I understand Before COVID-19 the Drinks Encoded to your Sea-Pass was to Help with Over-crowding Diamond Club and if your going with a group of people who are NOT Diamond

Last Cruise I was on was in November 2018

4 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

You are correct.  No more free happy hour drinks in the lounge.  Diamond gets 4 drinks, Diamond + get 5 and pinnacle gets 6.  Each day they do not accumulate.  Use them or lose them each day. You can use them through out the day at any bar, lounge or restaurant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Swath said:

No.

No more free drinks in the D lounge.   If you want to sit there and have a drink, you will have to use  a voucher.  The anytime/anyplace/any drink voucher takes the place of the free drinks 

M

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Swath said:

Long Gone except for suite passengers in the SL

And when they did unlimited, you only had 3 vouchers, but they were limited to type and hours

• Like 1

On 10/10/2022 at 3:21 PM, pfdaxe358 said:

But how many cruises and thousands of $$$ to get those "free" items. Nothing is free...

It depends on how you cruise.  Sone GGG sale cruises are around $100 per night per person.  Do the math.

And they ARE for loyalty.

On 10/10/2022 at 3:21 PM, pfdaxe358 said:

But how many cruises and thousands of $$$ to get those "free" items. Nothing is free...

The guy in the cabin next to me paid for his four drinks a day, got nothing off his balcony room, didn't get a free day of internet, etc.  Yes so in effect it's free in my mind.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Just got off 17 nights Ovation/Quantum. $2400 in free drinks, yes I think it was Free.  Also no $432 in added gratuities for the drinks, I count that as free bonus also. 

Agree. For those that like to split hairs, I call it "at no additional charge/cost". 

• Like 1