Do I have to go to a kiosk and input my credit card after boarding?

asalligo

Several Youtube videos I have watched pertaining to the Meraviglia appear to indicate that after you board the ship you must find a kiosk and start or load an onboard account for spending. I have already provided my credit card under Onboard Payments and register credit card during online check in, so why would this be necessary? Is this only if you did not provide a card at online checkin? 

Thanks

If you were able to upload cc info in the online check in then you’ve gotten further than most. I’ve stopped bothering with this step altogether.  They will not scan a cc at the pier on embarkation and will most likely tell you that the card you “successfully” uploaded did not register in their system. Therefore, you will need to swipe at the kiosk upon boarding or soon thereafter. I thought it sounded like a hassle but it was really quite simple and painless. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, asalligo said:

Several Youtube videos I have watched pertaining to the Meraviglia appear to indicate that after you board the ship you must find a kiosk and start or load an onboard account for spending. I have already provided my credit card under Onboard Payments and register credit card during online check in, so why would this be necessary? Is this only if you did not provide a card at online checkin? 

Thanks

I do not know why MSC asks for cc information during the checkin process, it has never been necessary, it has never carried over to ship’s system. You always need to go to kiosk, and that is a simple process. 

4 hours ago, asalligo said:

I have already provided my credit card under Onboard Payments and register credit card during online check in, so why would this be necessary?

Because that has never worked, and probably never will knowing how MSC's IT works.

You'll have until the end of 2nd day to register your card with your onboard account.  Don't need to rush and wait in a line on the first day.  2nd day early in the morning usually works best.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Selion said:

You'll have until the end of 2nd day to register your card with your onboard account.  Don't need to rush and wait in a line on the first day.  2nd day early in the morning usually works best.

If you immediately go to a kiosk upon embarkation there will be no line.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, deliver42 said:

It doesn't have to be the same card you entered on check in if you want to change cards.

They may have changed the check-in because there registering a credit card is no longer part of the process as far as I can see.  I'm all checked in for 10/28 and there was no credit card option.

22 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

They may have changed the check-in because there registering a credit card is no longer part of the process as far as I can see.  I'm all checked in for 10/28 and there was no credit card option.

I'm checked in for 10/29 and there was a credit card option which I entered,  and it took (although I fully expect to have to re-enter it at the kiosk.  

On 10/13/2022 at 5:11 PM, Selion said:

Because that has never worked, and probably never will knowing how MSC's IT works.

Always added ours third or fourth day and had no issues.

20 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

That's probably the difference.  I remember registering CC for Seashore in December, but no option for this Med cruise from Venice.

That makes sense.

• Like 1