Updated Health Protocol for Transatlantic Cruises from UK and EU

logan25

I received an Email direct from Royal Caribbean with updated vaccination and testing protocol.  The item which stood out to me is the timeframe to test has been shortened from 72 hours to 48 hours.  Will put a kink in some passengers travel plans.

Vaccination Required
All guests ages 5 and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID‐19 with the final dose administered at least 14 days before sailing. Guests under 5 may join us for this sailing, regardless of vaccination status. 

Up-to-date: to be considered up-to-date, guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series within 270 days (9 months) of our sail date or received a booster. Guests who've received a booster are considered up-to-date no matter how much time has passed. 

Testing
Pre-cruise 
All guests ages 5 and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 48 hours prior to sailing. Guests ages 4 and younger are exempt from this test.

Accepted Tests 
Guests can take advantage of in-person or telehealth tests. Unsupervised testing will not be accepted. Proof of a negative test can be the printed or digital results. To learn more about our accepted tests, visit our FAQ. 

We have received the same email, and I had a look at the website to get clarification of 48 hours, and this information has disappeared, but I did find that the website shows 2 days rather than 48 hours:

For Transatlantic Cruises

All guests age 5 and older must bring a negative test result for a COVID-19 test taken within 2 days before boarding day.

The test you take must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth professional. Telehealth testing at home is accepted for vaccinated guests, and must be conducted under live video supervision. Tests must be arranged on your own and are at your own expense.

Guests age 4 and younger do not have any testing requirements.

54 minutes ago, logan25 said:

I am speaking Crown & Anchor associate right now and she is firm “48 hours” and NOT two days.

Then my question  to the customer service is: 48b hours from  what? Do we've need to time the boarding  time?

4 hours ago, seapad said:

Then my question  to the customer service is: 48b hours from  what? Do we've need to time the boarding  time?

Exactly: they’ve moved the goalposts from 3 days to 48 hours.
We sail board on a Saturday so I’m moving our tests to Thursday afternoon just to make sure! 

I personally find it unacceptable that those also doing the b2b sailing before the TA do not have to retest.  Before I launch myself into the Atlantic for 15 days I’d like to know that everyone on board ( at least at the start of the trip) was negative. 

Edited by little britain

This has been a major blow to those of us sailing the Anthem TA on Monday from Southampton. Many people had their tests scheduled for today…especially those flying from the US and Canada who’d rather not fly overseas before knowing if they can board the ship. Luckily we happen to be in Europe already on an earlier leg of our vacation, but the pharmacy here closes Saturday at 3pm so I’m hoping the 48 hours can be 2 days. I did bring us eMed tests as a backup so I guess we’ll see. 

We are sailing out of NJ Sunday on Oasis and where getting our Granddaughter tested today ready however got up this morning in the UK (flying out tomorrow) to an email saying the testing protocols have changed for Cruises 9 nights or less stating that unvaccinated children 11 and under do not now have to be tested prior to cruising. Unvaccinated guests and children 12 and over still need to have a test. Changing all the time.

For our Anthem TA on Monday got a 2nd email this morning that contradicts last night's email and both contradict what's in the app and on their website.  We are already in London and were going to test today,  per the original 3 day instruction but will now test tomorrow.  We have emed tests with us.  And the 5 and over for testing got changed in today's email to 12 and over!  Crazy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vjmatty said:

This has been a major blow to those of us sailing the Anthem TA on Monday from Southampton. Many people had their tests scheduled for today…especially those flying from the US and Canada who’d rather not fly overseas before knowing if they can board the ship. Luckily we happen to be in Europe already on an earlier leg of our vacation, but the pharmacy here closes Saturday at 3pm so I’m hoping the 48 hours can be 2 days. I did bring us eMed tests as a backup so I guess we’ll see. 

Some pharmacy's in big supermarkets are open on Sundays. For instance locally to me I can book tests in Lloyds pharmacy in my local big Sainsburys supermarket .

Just check on the Lloyds website 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, logan25 said:

Vaccination Required
All guests ages 5 and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID‐19 with the final dose administered at least 14 days before sailing. Guests under 5 may join us for this sailing, regardless of vaccination status. 

Up-to-date: to be considered up-to-date, guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series within 270 days (9 months) of our sail date or received a booster. Guests who've received a booster are considered up-to-date no matter how much time has passed. 

Testing
Pre-cruise 
All guests ages 5 and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 48 hours prior to sailing. Guests ages 4 and younger are exempt from this test.

Accepted Tests 
Guests can take advantage of in-person or telehealth tests. Unsupervised testing will not be accepted. Proof of a negative test can be the printed or digital results. To learn more about our accepted tests, visit our FAQ. 

I also received this email last night. But have just now received one saying;

We’re looking forward to welcoming you onboard in a few days!

As a reminder, all guests ages 12 and older will need to provide a negative COVID-19 test result upon arrival to the terminal. Guests who are up-to-date must test within the 3 days prior to our boarding day. Guests who are unvaccinated or not up-to-date will need to complete either an antigen test in 24 hours prior to boarding or a PCR test 72 hours prior to boarding. At home, unsupervised lateral flow tests - such as those provided by the NHS or other healthcare providers are now accepted for your sailing! Learn more about our requirements at www.RoyalCaribbean.com/health.  

3 hours ago, vjmatty said:

We are on the same sailing and currently in the Netherlands flying to Southampton on Sunday. We have received two conflicting emails from Royal Caribbean. Guess we need to go by the strictest one. We can get a test at Schiphol before the flight. RC has been a real Royal PITA since COVID started. No refundable deposits. Confusing protocols. NCL has proven their customer service to us in these difficult times. 
Jan and Keith

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bfsroyal said:

I also received this email last night. But have just now received one saying;

We’re looking forward to welcoming you onboard in a few days!

As a reminder, all guests ages 12 and older will need to provide a negative COVID-19 test result upon arrival to the terminal. Guests who are up-to-date must test within the 3 days prior to our boarding day. Guests who are unvaccinated or not up-to-date will need to complete either an antigen test in 24 hours prior to boarding or a PCR test 72 hours prior to boarding. At home, unsupervised lateral flow tests - such as those provided by the NHS or other healthcare providers are now accepted for your sailing! Learn more about our requirements at www.RoyalCaribbean.com/health.  

Is the second email in reference to a Transatlantic cruise?

Now another email:

We can’t wait to welcome you onboard Anthem of the Seas’ transatlantic sailing on Monday!

Last night, we sent you the updated testing protocols for your voyage and we wanted to add some further clarity about the timing of your test.

All guests ages 5 and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 2 days prior to sailing. This means the earliest you can take your test is any time on Saturday 15 October. Guests ages 4 and younger are exempt from this test.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Bfsroyal said:

Now another email:

We can’t wait to welcome you onboard Anthem of the Seas’ transatlantic sailing on Monday!

Last night, we sent you the updated testing protocols for your voyage and we wanted to add some further clarity about the timing of your test.

All guests ages 5 and older must present a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 2 days prior to sailing. This means the earliest you can take your test is any time on Saturday 15 October. Guests ages 4 and younger are exempt from this test.

Yup just got it. With a link to the Southampton test clinic. It’s useless for us as the place closes early on Sunday and I wouldn’t risk a 10am appointment when our check in is noon. Not very accommodating for those flying in from another country. Already in Europe we are better off than many. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, little britain said:

Exactly: they’ve moved the goalposts from 3 days to 48 hours.
We sail board on a Saturday so I’m moving our tests to Thursday afternoon just to make sure! 

I personally find it unacceptable that those also doing the b2b sailing before the TA do not have to retest.  Before I launch myself into the Atlantic for 15 days I’d like to know that everyone on board ( at least at the start of the trip) was negative. 

I am currently on Ovation doing the transpacific from Honolulu to Sydney. Ours was a supervised test that had to be done within 3 days of sailing. Also for fun around 3 to 4 weeks beforehand they brought in that everyone over 5 years had to be vaccinated, so there were some with 6 year old unvaccinated children who were scrambling to get it clarified because that wasn't enough time with the last dose having to be at least 14 days prior. Not sure of that outcome.

As far as the B2B who did the cruise from Vancouver to Honolulu, they were all tested on the ship. The talk on here is that around 200 tested positive. Apparently there was an emergency meeting with Miami and those 200 were all taken off in Honolulu and not allowed to continue on.