Hotel in Miami

BigBrust

51 minutes ago, BigBrust said:

We are cruising on the Explorer 10/23.  Any hotel recommendations for Miami?  Something close to the port where we can see the ships in the morning.  Thanks in advance!

We do the Marriott Biscayne Bay - with a room facing the port.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigBrust said:

We are cruising on the Explorer 10/23.  Any hotel recommendations for Miami?  Something close to the port where we can see the ships in the morning.  Thanks in advance!

💲💲💲💲💲

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami before, as well as the Hilton Miami Downtown. Both were nice and convenient to lots. This next trip, we are forgoing the cost of convenience of Bayside and staying next to the airport.

I'm looking for a room as well for our January cruise.  I hate to think of paying too much for a room as our flight doesn't land until 11:30 the night before.  Anyone rent rooms by the hour?  LOL.  I'm almost at the point to just stay in the airport and Uber or Lyft to the port.  Anyone know the approximate cost to do that?  

57 minutes ago, junglecat said:

I'm looking for a room as well for our January cruise.  I hate to think of paying too much for a room as our flight doesn't land until 11:30 the night before.  Anyone rent rooms by the hour?  LOL.  I'm almost at the point to just stay in the airport and Uber or Lyft to the port.  Anyone know the approximate cost to do that?  

I stayed at the Sheraton at MIA recently. I picked that hotel because I also had a very late arrival for a pre cruise one night stay. That and I got it for a great rate on a cyber sale. It worked well for my specific needs. 

Op keep in mind when you arrive that late you need to know what options for food will be available. Also will the hotel shuttle run that late or will you need to make other arrangements for transportation?

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 6:32 PM, dcourt said:

We do the Marriott Biscayne Bay - with a room facing the port.

Their website states that the hotel is undergoing "extensive renovations" and guests should expect noise between 9AM and 5PM.  Any knowledge of how disruptive and noisy the renovations are?  Mostly concerned if they would interfere with sleeping at night (even though they state the noise will be 9-5).

Thanks

Just now, skybluewaters said:

Their website states that the hotel is undergoing "extensive renovations" and guests should expect noise between 9AM and 5PM.  Any knowledge of how disruptive and noisy the renovations are?  Mostly concerned if they would interfere with sleeping at night (even though they state the noise will be 9-5).

Thanks

Don't recall any problems.  We were there April 22nd.

• Thanks 1

InterContinental ~ just stayed there this past Aug 2 nights prior to our cruise.  Beautiful hotel, walking distance to Bayside. $$$

For our upcoming cruise in Frb, we are driving and booked Aloft Miami Airport.  Great reviews & price ~ only $7 per night for parking or $12 pet night extended parking.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2022 at 6:06 AM, cruisegirl1976 said:

YVE is right across from Bayside Marketplace, and you can see the port.  They have a shuttle service, $7 pp to the port.

Is that thru the hotel or contract shuttle service.  Were do you find out about the service. 

On 10/26/2022 at 9:06 AM, cruisegirl1976 said:

YVE is right across from Bayside Marketplace, and you can see the port.  They have a shuttle service, $7 pp to the port.

You can use Uber for $7 to $8 total from the YVE to Port Miami.