Are ships back to 100% capacity?

gizbug

Our sailing on Independence in April was at about 95% capacity.  At that time the only unsold cabins were those they held back for quarantine and those who tested positive who were denied boarding.  Being on the ship everything felt like business as usual.

1 minute ago, grandgeezer said:

Yet they are still losing money? That means they should charge more across the board.

You don't become profitable from a shutdown like that overnight. They're cash flow positive as of the end of Q2 and they'll become profitable again soon enough.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

You don't become profitable from a shutdown like that overnight. They're cash flow positive as of the end of Q2 and they'll become profitable again soon enough.

They started ramping up for over fourteen months, isn’t that soon enough?? With descent leadership, they should have been profitable the last quarter at the latest.

39 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

They started ramping up for over fourteen months, isn’t that soon enough?? With descent leadership, they should have been profitable the last quarter at the latest.

You can't be profitable while paying off the loans you took out to keep your business alive.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, fpcruiser said:

Our 8 night Explorer sailing a couple of weeks ago was not full capacity. Our headwaiter said the next sailing would have 500 more people.

I don't think the OP was asking if every sailing for every ship in the entire fleet was currently sailing at 100% capacity.

46 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

I'm assuming you meant decent (=of satisfactory quality) rather than descent (the process of descending)? If so, I'm not sure what you think the leadership should or should not have been doing of late...but at any rate, as smokeybandit pointed out, the massive loans required to keep from going under during the shutdown are a HUGE financial drain. Not to mention all of the expense involved in the Cruise with Confidence program. Being cash flow positive at this stage is commendable, IMHO.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SNemeth said:

Our sailing on Independence in April was at about 95% capacity.  At that time the only unsold cabins were those they held back for quarantine and those who tested positive who were denied boarding.  Being on the ship everything felt like business as usual.

The same on Anthem in May, I'm guessing therefore if its 100% now that no rooms are being held back anymore for quarantine.

21 hours ago, gizbug said:

Last November the ships were 50% full (which was great).

Curious if the ships are back to full capacity this November? Sailing Harmony of the Seas over Thanksgiving.  

Ships sail based on number of people who purchased the cruise.  Biggest market outside of the USA is Europe and with restrictions on place many people from the second largest market, did not or were restricted to fly.  Once all the restrictions were lifted, people are now traveling.  They have been selling unrestricted cabins for a very long time, and having restricted capacity is long forgotten.  You are sailing a holiday week.  The ship will be over 100%.  Enjoy being normal.

5 hours ago, Tin can said:

The same on Anthem in May, I'm guessing therefore if its 100% now that no rooms are being held back anymore for quarantine.

This came up on the All-Access Tour on Voyager a few weeks ago.  The security officer made a comment about not having a COVID quarantine section anymore.  I assume that if you test positive on that ship, you are just quarantined to your own room. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, rudeney said:

This came up on the All-Access Tour on Voyager a few weeks ago.  The security officer made a comment about not having a COVID quarantine section anymore.  I assume that if you test positive on that ship, you are just quarantined to your own room. 

Which would (finally) be consistent with other contagious disease onboard ship.

• Like 1