Diamond Benefits

swingphi

We have just attained Diamond status. It was a memorable moment for us. We are looking forward to our first cruise as diamond and I want to know if a!! beverages are complimentary in the lounge during happy hour? Do they apply against our daily voucher?

9 minutes ago, swingphi said:

We have just attained Diamond status. It was a memorable moment for us. We are looking forward to our first cruise as diamond and I want to know if a!! beverages are complimentary in the lounge during happy hour? Do they apply against our daily voucher?

Drinks in the diamond lounge are no longer complimentary. They are deducted from your four daily allotted drinks. 

Edited by KelJ
Typo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, neverbeenhere said:

Suite benefits are different then Diamond benefits. Full suites get a possible million free drinks during 5-8 period in the suite lounge. Then you can use your vouchers outside the suite lounge. 

And if you are in a suite on Quantum class or Oasis class, your drinks are free all day in the suite lounge (beer, wine, soda, bottled water), with cocktails added during happy hour. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, KelJ said:

And if you are in a suite on Quantum class or Oasis class, your drinks are free all day in the suite lounge (beer, wine, soda, bottled water), with cocktails added during happy hour. 

No.

Oasis class, yes.   (all day is 11 A.M. to 11 P.M.)

Quantum class, no.  Happy hour only.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

No.

Oasis class, yes.   (all day is 11 A.M. to 11 P.M.)

Quantum class, no.  Happy hour only.

Carol, thanks for the correction. I swear I read here recently on someone’s Quantum review that the suite lounge was serving the all-day drinks as well.  

58 minutes ago, KelJ said:

Carol, thanks for the correction. I swear I read here recently on someone’s Quantum review that the suite lounge was serving the all-day drinks as well.  

If so, it's new and unique.  🙂 

Oasis class suite lounges = Lounge + Coastal Kitchen, with full bar facilities.

Quantum class suite lounges = Lounge only.  Coastal Kitchen is NOT attached; it's not even on the same deck.  No bar.  Waiters go to a nearby closet to make the drinks and carry them back.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, swingphi said:

All the previous posters are correct, drinks, presumably alcohol, do count against daily allowance.

But if you're a real fan of coffee, then you can get all day (depending on Diamond lounge hours) access to a really good coffee machine for free.

7 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

If so, it's new and unique.  🙂 

Oasis class suite lounges = Lounge + Coastal Kitchen, with full bar facilities.

Quantum class suite lounges = Lounge only.  Coastal Kitchen is NOT attached; it's not even on the same deck.  No bar.  Waiters go to a nearby closet to make the drinks and carry them back.

In December we were in a junior suite on Anthem and were able to get Coastal Kitchen dinner reservations a few nights but of course never saw the inside of the suite lounge. 

Then last month we were in a suite on Allure, and we loved the suite lounge/CK combo and the all-day drink access. 

4 hours ago, KelJ said:

In December we were in a junior suite on Anthem and were able to get Coastal Kitchen dinner reservations a few nights but of course never saw the inside of the suite lounge. 

Then last month we were in a suite on Allure, and we loved the suite lounge/CK combo and the all-day drink access. 

If you don’t mind me asking,  what is “a few”? The reason I ask, is on a recent Harmony cruise, Pinnacles were only allowed to reserve two nights in coastal kitchen. Of course, every ship is different, the number of Pinnacle’s varies as well. In our situation we about 70 pinnacles on board

Thank you. 
m

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

If you don’t mind me asking,  what is “a few”? The reason I ask, is on a recent Harmony cruise, Pinnacles were only allowed to reserve two nights in coastal kitchen. Of course, every ship is different, the number of Pinnacle’s varies as well. In our situation we about 70 pinnacles on board

Thank you. 
m

Out of eight or nine nights, we ate there three times. We tried to make a fourth reservation late in the week and were unable to because there were no openings. I think we would’ve been okay had we made all of the reservations the first day. Remember that this was in December, so I think the ship was only at about 75% capacity.

13 hours ago, Rysyonok said:

But if you're a real fan of coffee, then you can get all day (depending on Diamond lounge hours) access to a really good coffee machine for free.

That depends on what day of the cruise the Diamond lounge coffee machine breaks 😁

• Like 1

So as far as the Diamond drink vouchers go. I know they can be used anywhere on the ship, but can they be used on any drink as well? I know they apply to alcoholic drinks but how about sodas, fresh squeezed juices, milk shakes from JR's and coffee from the speciality coffee shops? The vouchers are a new thing since the last time we sailed. We cruise again on the Indy on 11-28 and are trying to decide on which (if any) beverage packages we want to get.

23 minutes ago, 1interpreter said:

I know they can be used anywhere on the ship, but can they be used on any drink as well? I know they apply to alcoholic drinks but how about sodas, fresh squeezed juices, milk shakes from JR's and coffee from the speciality coffee shops?

The D drink perk is like having a 4 drink alcohol package, with the limitation that it can't be used at the Bionic bar - any drink from any venue covered by the drink package under the drink package limit ($14 now days) can be had with the D drink voucher.

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1