Check In at 21 days

Laszlo

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

It is 12:00 am NCL time (Miami - Eastern time US). 

The importance is that you select your time to arrive at the port upon check-in. Early times “sell out” quickly, so if you want an early time, 12:01 is when you need to check in. Same is true on Royal. 

For non-priority passengers, dining [and show] reservations open 12:00 midnight ET US 120 days prior to departure. Prime time reservations will sell out quickly. Same advice, 12:01 is the best time to be on and reserving. 

I bracketed show reservations because at the moment, due to COVID, they are not allowing pre booking shows. 

Thanks for the information Bird. If your in the Haven do you still need to have an arrival time?

24 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

Can you go back and retake your photo.  I took mine at 5 AM...not looking so great. 😄

You can go back and retake your photo, not sure if you have to pick new embarkation time.

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

Thanks for the information Bird. If your in the Haven do you still need to have an arrival time?

Everyone gets an arrival time. Whether you "need" it depends on the port. For example, in Miami, there is a little kiosk outside the terminal where Haven guests are pulled before you get to the time checkers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BarnCat1 said:

Do you have to reserve dining in the MDR's as well on the Prima or just the Specialty Dining restaurants?  On embarkation day, is there one MDR open like there used to be on other ships and does that have to be reserved if it is open on the first day?  

MDR: You do not have to make reservations for the MDR. Show up when you're hungry

Specialty Dining: You MUST make reservations for specialty dining (120 days prior to departure or immediately after getting onboard). Shortly after embarkation started last week, Palomar prime time (5:30-8:00) was sold out for most of the cruise. 

Embarkation Day: See below for times for the Surfside Buffet, Local, Hudson's MDR, and Indulge Food Hall.

Bird's Choice for Embarkation Day: Indulge Food Hall 

Pro Tip: Seating is limited at Indulge. CURRENTLY, if you are at a table or a bar that is not associated with a restaurant, you can order from any restaurant and the waiters will bring the food to you. If you sit at a bar at one of the restaurants, you can only order from that restaurant - if you want other food, you need to walk there and get the food yourself. 

image.png.1cb76743b754042ce8e522802eb59219.png

image.png.35dd3c8cdb578d7f12b11ddce1438692.png

image.png.cd75445eb6049513b2563945ffa61af9.png

image.png.18bca1b988b5576c24d4bbab3be401b7.png

image.png.daeefa04913dbde6ea5161bb1ade41a6.pngimage.png.184f5e6060ae3658c147d153a381ae8e.png

• Thanks 2

Just to be clear, is one not able to check in until 21 days prior to the cruise?  Been awhile since we cruised with NCL.  On RCCL and Celebrity, one can check in and get that all completed a couple of months before cruising.

12 minutes ago, bunzini said:

Just to be clear, is one not able to check in until 21 days prior to the cruise?  Been awhile since we cruised with NCL.  On RCCL and Celebrity, one can check in and get that all completed a couple of months before cruising.

You are  entirely clear. Check-in does not open until 21 days before embarkation, at 12:01 AM  EST. Technically speaking, if you are on the west coast, you could start checking in at 9:01PM on the 22nd day. They also shut check-in down three days before embark. I assume you would then have to check-in at the pier, but really have no idea..

23 minutes ago, bunzini said:

For reasons that are not at all clear to me, when NCL restarted cruising after the pandemic shutdown they decided to not allow check in earlier than 21 days prior to your cruise. Previously you could check in at any time after you had a confirmed reservation. 

Have no idea why NCL requires you take a photo online when completing registration at the 21 day mark.  Since they have done this, both cruises we have been on, they took photos at check in.??  I know it can sometimes be a real pain to get photos uploaded into system.  Wish they would do away with that,

11 minutes ago, NW Pacific said:

Have no idea why NCL requires you take a photo online when completing registration at the 21 day mark.  Since they have done this, both cruises we have been on, they took photos at check in.??  I know it can sometimes be a real pain to get photos uploaded into system.  Wish they would do away with that,

You're right! It is a pain to try and upload photos into the e-docs, especially for the  computer illiterate such as myself. But then I discovered that there is an easier way. When you get to the photo page (page 7?), you'll see an icon of a camera under the photo area. Click on the camera. Voila!! An oval appears on the screen. The camera is now ready to take your picture. Just center your mug into the oval, taking care not to have any glare, and click the camera. Your picture will now be entered into the e-docs, and you're done. Easy-peasy!!

The question of why we have to take a picture if they're going to do it at the pier anyway shall remain  one of life's deepest mysteries!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, njhorseman said:

For reasons that are not at all clear to me, when NCL restarted cruising after the pandemic shutdown they decided to not allow check in earlier than 21 days prior to your cruise. Previously you could check in at any time after you had a confirmed reservation. 

We booked our January 8th cruise February 2021 at that time I was able to check in with personal info, passport info etc.... It took us to 50%, I thought maybe after final payment I could finish up. I don't like the 21 day thing. In the past we have completed our check in after final payment. All the boxes were checked and we were ready to go

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

Can you go back and retake your photo.  I took mine at 5 AM...not looking so great. 😄

I’ve had so many horrible driver’s license photos down through the years I’ve stopped caring about this.  Those photos don’t show up in a family album.  You’re never going to have to show them to anybody but a single person giving you admittance and they’re never going to think about you or you photo again for the rest of their lives.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

In 6 cruises since September 2021, they have retaken my photo 3 times and not retaken it 3 times (I upload the same photo every time). Now that is a mystery to me.

That is a mystery.

For us they only retook our photo once out of the past 4 cruises. One time, during on line check in, I had a hard time getting an acceptable photo. I was wearing a shirt that had a colorful leopard print on it. My husband suggested changing my shirt. After that my picture was accepted. Also, watching out for a glare helps. 

I got to the point that I did not care what I looked like, as long as it was accepted. Because it does not matter. Think about how you look when you re-board the ship after a windy catamaran ride, snorkeling trip that included unlimited rum punch!

21 hours ago, cruiserbear55 said:

You are  entirely clear. Check-in does not open until 21 days before embarkation, at 12:01 AM  EST. Technically speaking, if you are on the west coast, you could start checking in at 9:01PM on the 22nd day. They also shut check-in down three days before embark. I assume you would then have to check-in at the pier, but really have no idea..

Thanks so much for answering my question.   Guess I will have to wait then.  I know on the RCL and Celebrity apps you can just snap your picture.  Sounds like that is available on NCL app as well.  

• Like 1

I figured the reason they limited the check-in to 21 days was because of the Covid disruptions.  So many cancelled cruises that I had already put in the bulk of the information!  I, too, would prefer to get it out of the way early.  Maybe the viewing of the muster drill has some time-line stipulation?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/18/2022 at 9:58 AM, dcipjr said:

Don't forget having to watch the safety video for every person you check in.

Where do I find this?  I have to check in tonight and I looked all through my emails for the link and looked on the website but can't find it.

33 minutes ago, cruiseat50 said:

Where do I find this?  I have to check in tonight and I looked all through my emails for the link and looked on the website but can't find it.

Never mind... I asked the chat on the website and I guess it's a part in the check-in process.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2022 at 1:00 PM, Cruising Lynne said:

That is a mystery.

For us they only retook our photo once out of the past 4 cruises. One time, during on line check in, I had a hard time getting an acceptable photo. I was wearing a shirt that had a colorful leopard print on it. My husband suggested changing my shirt. After that my picture was accepted. Also, watching out for a glare helps. 

I got to the point that I did not care what I looked like, as long as it was accepted. Because it does not matter. Think about how you look when you re-board the ship after a windy catamaran ride, snorkeling trip that included unlimited rum punch!

Like a Passport Photo, wear a DARK top; (for 'contrast'); NO eyewear & (maintain) a NEUTRAL pose!

• Like 1

At check in for our cruise in NYC on the Getaway (Haven) we were told our photos were fine.... then the women said its a good idea if we take them again. Why? I have no idea, but the same thing happened to almost everyone I asked.