Boarding Times

Sheila127

Have just booked a cruise for January and would like to book my rail tickets but  of course, don't know my boarding or disembarking times! Am I safe to go ahead and hope that I cam embark or disembark to suit? Appreciate your advice.  Thank you!

9 minutes ago, Sheila127 said:

Have just booked a cruise for January and would like to book my rail tickets but  of course, don't know my boarding or disembarking times! Am I safe to go ahead and hope that I cam embark or disembark to suit? Appreciate your advice.  Thank you!

You can take your chances and book, you may be lucky embarking and get an early embarkation or you may have to sit and wait or go for a walk into Southampton, at least you can drop your luggage off, in the past we have turned up with our luggage at 12:00 ish and have been allowed on early when it was quiet or been told we would have to wait/come back nearer embarkation. You could do a self disembarkation and get off the ship early or you would be allocated disembarkation times. 

I would plan to arrive at Southampton no earlier than noon. That way you will at the very least avoid the worst of the initial melee.

As to disembarkation,  a train leaving about 10am would give you time for breakfast and a leisurely departure.

We had this issue on the 2nd Oct trains were late or cancelled due to strike day before we had to get a lift to a station nearer Southampton we arrived 2 hours pre time given but we went through no problem waited in the lounge area for 1/2 hour then on on the way back that was a different matter we were informed that due to rail engineering works it was best to make your own way home...£150 taxi later we were home! next time we would self disembark I assume there is no queue to speak of when the doors open?

2 hours ago, Sheila127 said:

You might also need to check with the rail unions about their strike action, it might be prudent to travel down the day before.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sheila127 said:

Thank you so much for your replies! I thought I would arrive approx 12/1 p.m and leave it open for coming back! Your advice is appreciated!

2 days before disembarking from Ventura there was a note in Horizon that you could request a specific time. Not noticed that before, thought it was a good improvement. For information the last time was 0915-0930.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wonky said:

2 days before disembarking from Ventura there was a note in Horizon that you could request a specific time. Not noticed that before, thought it was a good improvement. For information the last time was 0915-0930.

Blimey, I remember years ago on Ventura having a disembarkation time of something like 1045 or 1100.

Had a very relaxed breakfast and coffees in the buffet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Blimey, I remember years ago on Ventura having a disembarkation time of something like 1045 or 1100.

Had a very relaxed breakfast and coffees in the buffet.

On Britannia on the 16th, our disembarkation was 9.30, but we got evicted from the cabin at 8.00. As you say, leisurely breakfast in the trough. All very civilised and the car was in row 2 of the carpark. Home by 11.00.😁

• Like 1