Ovation of the Seas arriving in to Sydney today - 29th October 2022

12 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I'm intrigued what is the attraction of this huge ship?  This ship, like a little city, must be the attraction?

I think you answered your own question.

Its the difference between a city and a small country town.

There a lot more variety, food ,entertainment ,activities.

Especially for a family,something for the kids ,something for the adolescences ,adult and seniors.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Especially for a family,something for the kids ,something for the adolescences ,adult and seniors.

I travelled around Alaska on the Alaskan Marine Highway.  When the big ships left late afternoon, the atmosphere in the small towns changed.  

16 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I travelled around Alaska on the Alaskan Marine Highway.  When the big ships left late afternoon, the atmosphere in the small towns changed.  

Not only in small towns.

Take Venice in summer.

After 4 pm, when most of the big ships are gone, and the crowds with them, Venice is much more beautiful 

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

I'm intrigued what is the attraction of this huge ship?  This ship, like a little city, must be the attraction?

We usually prefer Radiance sized ships but were shuffled to Ovation post covid. It will be an interesting experience and I’m sure the kids will have a lot of fun. I didn’t really like Voyager when she was here - the shopping mall thing in the middle of the ship was very claustrophobic - but the bigger Ovation looks like she has a lot of glass and natural light which is very important to me. 

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Although my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our NZ cruise on Ovation in December 2017, I couldn't help thinking I was in a cruising shopping mall.🙁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lyndarra said:

Although my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our NZ cruise on Ovation in December 2017, I couldn't help thinking I was in a cruising shopping mall.🙁

One of the joys cruising on Hurtigruten, their little shops only sell quality clothing you'd buy if you needed warmer clothes.  No junk.  You don't cruise to shop. However I used to buy duty free perfume. 

36 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I must agree. We had a great time on board. In Hobart Tasmania we went on a short tour of the area and at one point there was a view of the ship and from a distance it took me a while to pick the Ovation out because it looked like a big block of units !!! Having said that I would enjoy cruising on the Ovation or the Quantum again.😊

7 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

And your favourite..Water 🛝 slides. Ugly looking things. Glad Princess has not installed them on..Yet.🤭

We were on the first cruise in Australasia on Ovation of the Seas mid December 2016, can’t believe it was that long ago.  
We walked to the Opera House before 5am as we wanted to watch it arrive into Sydney harbour along with a dozen or so others.  Unfortunately the weather was dismal, raining and foggy - this was December.

This huge ship came out of the mist, like a ghost ship, it was quite eerie.

We paid megabucks to do the ships tour which was well worth it. So much goes on behind the scenes, with huge security in the places that matter.

B831DABF-54C5-4427-B5DD-08A5A169E8EF.jpeg

F6F9F525-0EA3-4AD8-BCAE-C4815996299C.jpeg

D91E3F30-77C1-4C56-97AA-D690744A4024.jpeg

• Like 2