Carnival Foods You Love

Island Dog

OMG.... good food.... yeah!

Bonsai sushi....  everything!

Ji Ji Asian... Everything!

MDR.... soups, all of them are delicious

MDR.... salmon is usually a good bet

Blue Iguana... breakfast arrepas!  My hubby is already talking about them.  Love their lunch tacos, too, all flavors, great salsas.

Some ships have a salad bar at lunch on the Serenity deck... awesome stuff.

Our last cruise was Alaska on the Splendor and it is the only ship left with the Indian Masala Tiger... OMG... that place at lunch was INCREDIBLE!  By Day 3 of the cruise everyone was eating lunch there, line wrapped around the deck.  Wish every ship had that instead of some of the other crap.

• Like 2

Mmm... Carnival food... now you've got me dreaming on this overcast morning at work...

MDR: Beef tenderloin (the best thing I have ever eaten on Carnival), teriyaki salmon, eggs benedict & round hash browns, Steak & eggs and brunch, cold fruit soups (especially peach and cherry cream), blackened pork tart

MDR Desserts: WCMC of course, caramelized banana cake in MDR years ago (not sure if it is still offered but it was very good on the Triumph in 2014)

Jiji: Literally everything but our favorites are the Nanjing style duck and the Hakka noodles

Steakhouse: Crab brown butter risotto, surf & turf

Lido: Blue Iguana breakfast burrito (egg, cheese, ham, hash brown, and green salsa - so good), Deli buffalo chicken sandwich, Blue Iguana fish tacos, Buffet chocolate honeycomb cake (literally the best cake I have ever eaten), EMPANADAS (they had an empanada station on Vista and it was SO GOOD every day)

Used to like the Straight Up and Guy's Burgers as well as the brisket & collard greens at Pig & Anchor, but both were markedly worse on our last cruise so I'm not sure how often I will have those on my must-eat-this-before-the-cruise-ends list anymore 🤔🤔🤔 

• Like 1

I have so many, old and new…
Cioppino from Rudi’s

Guy’s  Burger

Beignets from Emeril’s 

Cast iron shrimp scampi from Emeril’s 

Chicken Parmesan from Cucina

7 layer cake from Sea Day Brunch
Caesar Salad

12 hour French Toast Sea Day Brunch

These are just a few of my favorites 

42C9D487-456F-4CC9-B9FA-46C070E0A538.jpeg

C81BE418-37A4-4477-ACBB-C3FC8523BE7D.jpeg

0B482838-80C2-4391-87D3-04EA5B7F230F.jpeg

79736E78-1602-4B7C-B219-D39ED2C3CCE7.jpeg

942935EC-AAF0-4A9D-A85D-D5485E179427.jpeg

43E59F3E-6A57-4E18-9A86-4B514B94F615.jpeg

2D71A25E-D191-448C-A1F7-9071230332C3.jpeg

F8D2140F-770B-4DED-852F-4B4B53793260.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/30/2022 at 3:47 PM, Clarasgrandma said:

Deli - I just discovered the turkey sandwich that had the avocado on it, on our last cruise. It was sooooo tasty! I know it’s been changed on the current menu.

Dang, you're bringing back the saddest memory I have of our cruise on Magic in August. This sandwich was still on the menu - I ordered it and, after the server prepared it, handed it to me and said "Sorry - no avocado." You know, if he had told me when I ordered I would have picked something different.😧

I'm very partial to Carnival's soups. In the MDR, I love the pumpkin and the mushroom soups. On Lido, I look for won ton soup.

Dessert? I love the creme brulee. On one cruise I mentioned to our server that it was my favorite dessert and he brought me one every night.

Edited by nybumpkin

For me, Carnival's food options generally are just not that exciting. Maybe something is wrong with my palate, or maybe I just need to book some cruises on the bigger ships LOL

That said, things I do love are the breakfast burritos at Blue Iguana's. I would eat them for every meal if I could!

The tiramisu in the MDR is one of my favorite desserts, though now I'm going to have to go hunt down this confetti cheesecake on the buffet everyone is going on about. I've never seen it but it sounds yummy.

I absolutely hate calamari. But the calamari in the MDR is delicious! My only complaint with it is that 5-6 little pieces you get isn't really an appetizer, or a snack. More like just a taste! If I ever order more than 1 appetizer at dinner, this is it.

Love this thread!  thanks to OP for posting!  I don't want to hear what people don't like, I want to hear about what people DO like! 🙂

I love the pumpkin soup MDR

short ribs MDR

Guys burgers

Escargot MDR

Everything in the Steakhouse ( I try to go every time!)

Pizza (all of them)

Filet mignon & eggs (sea day brunch)

Chocolate melting cake

Bitter n Blanc is my favorite dessert, but I need to try this confetti cheesecake!

Escargot - would eat it every night

Heuvos rancheros from blue iguana for breakfast with their green salsa 

I love the bone marrow from the steakhouse, but it appears to be gone on the latest menu I saw.

• Like 1

All of the soups that I tried in the main dining room on the Freedom in July were AMAZING!   I couldn't wait to see what was on the menu each night.  I'm not usually a soup kind of diner, especially in hot July, but they all sounded so good, I had to try and so glad that I did.

• Like 2

So my favourite breakfast item is the breakfast burrito at the Blue iguana Cantina

Favourite breakfast in the MDR is the smoked salmon, cream cheese and bagel.

Favourite  lunch will hopefully change to a Big Chicken sandwich when I cruise on the MG next week but currently is something from the deli, used to be the Reuben but it has changed and is now flattened and weird. The turkey, avocado sandwich is very good. 
My favourite app at dinner is the candied salmon on the first night, it’s actually Gravlax and has a yummy sauce.

Favourite dinner in the MDR is lasagna even though it’s quite heavy and filling.

Favourite dessert is the soufflé or crème brûlée. 
i didn’t even mention the specialty restaurants, I love some of those but just stuck to the basics.

All pretty carb heavy but hey, it’s a vacation. 😁

Edited by Enggrl
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Enggrl said:

My favourite app at dinner is the candied salmon on the first night, it’s actually Gravlax and has a yummy sauce.

Same!  It was soooo good.  Loved it. 

Favourite breakfast in the MDR is the smoked salmon, cream cheese and bagel.

My husband ordered this for me once to go because I was running. When I got back to the room to eat it we discovered they had forgotten the bagel and it was too late to go back.  Maybe this time

Favourite dinner in the MDR is lasagna even though it’s quite heavy and filling.

I am a lasagna snob and I was quite skeptical but I also liked it. 

I also need to try this confetti cheese cake. 

• Like 2

I don't know if it's a fair representation (meaning typical) to post pics from a 2015 Journey's cruise.  The food in the MDR was really special including the Ahi Tuna pictured.  I can't remember if this was a starter or a main, not that it makes too much difference.  It was delicious as were the desserts.

IMG_1206.JPG

IMG_1330.JPG

IMG_1327.JPG

Just off Spirit…

They put a sign up for the Jalapeño hush puppies, I got excited, then they pulled the sign. 8 day cruise and never saw them. 
Favorites were : Chicken Parm in MDR, Salmon, Pizza, Guys Burger, Melting cake and Funfetti cheesecake. I loved Chopsticks !! Hours are so short ! Banana cream pie at brunch. 
Disappointments: On sea day brunch, I ordered scrambled eggs, was shocked to get the same nasty eggs from Lido ! First time ordering brunch potatoes …gross ! Plus I ordered the meat lasagna in MDR and it tasted like Chef Boyardi ! 

I'm a bread girl and I love english muffins in the dining room for breakfast. They are toasted to perfection (same on Princess).  Never over or under done. I want their toaster!!

I also love the hashbrowns, again perfectly brown and hot.

I discovered the Bitter n Blanc on my last cruise and that's now my favorite dessert. (the melting chocolate cake comes veeeery close)

I also discovered the funfetti cheesecake and now I will run someone over in the buffet to get it, ha ha ha!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indiansbaseball said:

Just off Spirit…

They put a sign up for the Jalapeño hush puppies, I got excited, then they pulled the sign. 8 day cruise and never saw them. 
Favorites were : Chicken Parm in MDR, Salmon, Pizza, Guys Burger, Melting cake and Funfetti cheesecake. I loved Chopsticks !! Hours are so short ! Banana cream pie at brunch. 
Disappointments: On sea day brunch, I ordered scrambled eggs, was shocked to get the same nasty eggs from Lido ! First time ordering brunch potatoes …gross ! Plus I ordered the meat lasagna in MDR and it tasted like Chef Boyardi ! 

Dammit! Going on Spirit soon and the Jalapeño Hush Puppies were on my "to-do" list. Hopefully they were just on Jalape-cation. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, hard_eight said:

Another one for Bitter and Blanc, if it's the same night as I have a specialty reservation, I'll cancel to go to the MDR!

Would Bitter and Blanc be served that night in the Lido as well as MDR?  I haven't eaten dinner in Lido before so I don't know how that all goes.  Thanks!!

I'm not a dessert eater except for Carnival's Baked Alaska and Bitter and Blanc..  

Look forward to those when sailing Carnival.

Otherwise, no favorites.  I always find something satisfying to eat somewhere on the ship.

Calamari in the MDR

Chocolate Melting Cake

Guy's Cheeseburger

The Fun Ship drink

Quattro Formagio pizza

Truffle fries from the deli

Several of the sandwiches from the deli - I really like the one with avocado on a pretzel roll

Praline martini on the MG

• Like 1