Happy Halloween: Celebrity Apex TA

Lastdance

Happy Halloween to all of you from our Apex TA!  Just wanted to share some scary cakes with all of you, not to mention that we are having a fabulous time.  Our closest friends all did a b2b, but only 400 of us…great atmosphere onboard with positive and happy people…yes, we keep gaining hours too.  The ghosts are fooling with the internet.

A452FDFE-01AE-4574-B95E-33BA89348E72.jpeg

A4C20B07-28F6-48A9-A487-8936DD7DC6FA.jpeg

9D204CCD-6EBF-4CB3-84F5-06442569B615.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 7

We were on the Edge last Halloween and were amazed at the baking that was done! Lots of other decorations in the Grand Plaza too. And then, by early the next day every bit of it was gone…. A busy night for some folks!

mac_tlc

P.S.  Happy Birthday chemmo!!!

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chemmo said:

How beautiful! What a wonderful display…

Today is my birthday…those cakes put my little sponge to shame!

But your little sponge will undoubtedly taste better!

We never cease to be amazed at how little flavor these beautiful creations have.

Happy, happy birthday to you chemmo.

• Like 4

I had a blast on a  Halloween Celebrity cruise back in 2010. 

And a few weeks ago , I made a  2023 reservation on the Equinox for a price and   itinerary that  looked good. Somehow I couldn't compute that October 28- November 5 includes Halloween (senior moment). When I realized it days later, I was so excited😀

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Love that display.  Have a wonderful trip.

Would love to hear your review when you return.

We have very spotty reception onboard; the Atlantic part of the crossing should be worse due to satellites.  However, both cruises have been excellent, as the crew has done a wonderful job of taking care of us.  the internet and OBC issues were a small inconvenience. Our first cruise had only 1% as Covid and quite a few had all the symptoms, but did not test positive. this cruise is also doing well with the C factor, but the captain did ask the crew to wear masks!  I read on FB that one ship had the lights all go on in the early morning hours.  

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Tak8 said:

Great looking stuff.  I hope they taste as good as they look.

the cakes are totally edible; at first they give you small bites from sheet cakes with the exact ingredients.  then they cut into the cakes...

Thanks for posting those pics! I sail on the Apex (and on X for the first time) this Thanksgiving and those pictures just got me excited about the upcoming sailing for the first time Those cakes make me wonder what the team will do to celebrate Thanksgiving on my trip (a Big Turkey Cake 😜 ). 

I've questioned actually taking this cruise the last few weeks as my last holiday sailing didn't go so well.  We did our first family Christmas cruise last December and we all came down with Covid while on the sailing... some of us missing the second half of a B2B to add insult to injury. I've had two successful sailings since the Christmas shenanigans...so, knock on wood that continues and the Thanksgiving holiday sailing is less "eventful" than Christmas. 

On 10/31/2022 at 12:56 PM, Smmessineo said:

I had a blast on a  Halloween Celebrity cruise back in 2010. 

And a few weeks ago , I made a  2023 reservation on the Equinox for a price and   itinerary that  looked good. Somehow I couldn't compute that October 28- November 5 includes Halloween (senior moment). When I realized it days later, I was so excited😀

My husband and I will be on the same cruise. Booked it about the same time. Halloween is our anniversary.

• Like 1