new zealand

galapagos

labadee

grand turk

roatan

cartagena

Transatlantic

Transpacific

I mean, in part there’s always going to be the hold outs but this is good news for the whole. 

• Like 1

As noted, there are exceptions.  It pays to read the entire thing, and not just the title and first couple of sentences.  Is this nit picking? Could be pretty important  to novices who take what they read here at face value.  The title and first post are inaccurate and misleading.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alakegirl said:

Not entirely accurate.

testing still required for many destinations

bermuda

australia

new zealand

galapagos

labadee

grand turk

roatan

cartagena

Transatlantic

Transpacific

If I read the site correctly, testing is only required for non-vaccinated guest.  

At least that is what it said when I looked for Cartagena, which is a stop on our Panama Canal transit in April on Milly. 

14 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

If I read the site correctly, testing is only required for non-vaccinated guest.  

At least that is what it said when I looked for Cartagena, which is a stop on our Panama Canal transit in April on Milly. 

Doesn't read like that to me. Testing required for every passenger on the itineraries listed. 

9 hours ago, mom says said:

As noted, there are exceptions.  It pays to read the entire thing, and not just the title and first couple of sentences.  Is this nit picking? Could be pretty important  to novices who take what they read here at face value.  The title and first post are inaccurate and misleading.

Shouldn’t the novices take time to read the whole thing too?  Op posted info from her travel agent. It’s incumbent upon all travelers, novices included, to do “trust but verify research”. 

9 hours ago, the penguins said:

Doesn't read like that to me. Testing required for every passenger on the itineraries listed. 

8 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Sorry misread your post. For Cartagena yes, but for other destinations/itineraries not necessarily. 

On embarkation day for our transatlantic there were people insisting that Celebrity no longer required testing. They didn’t read the full info in the emails or in the web page that clearly listed TA testing requirements. They had to pay for expensive dock side testing. 

People come to CC looking for info and we should try and share the correct, full info and not headlines that may mislead people. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GonzoWCS said:

I know the feeling.  🙂

Cheers

It's what I get for posting late in the evening after running my teenager around town. I always think I have news when it's really not. 😏

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Alex618 said:

I am assuming from this that Sailing from Vancouver testing is no longer required?

Depends where it is going. There are still some protocols for TransPacific cruises. 

Wow.  Lighten up people.  OP's post title is no more misleading than the title of the article she linked to.  Shouldn't one read the entire post - including links - before condemning the OP for spreading misinformation?   Could the post title have been more complete? Yes, but this outpouring of condemnation is a bit overdone wouldn't you say?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1