Latest testing update

orville99

Just received this email:

U.S. Departures Visiting Haiti & Honduras

Here are our updated protocols for our U.S. departures that visit Haiti and Honduras. Should there be any changes, we are committed to keeping you informed.

Vaccination
We recommend that guests be fully vaccinated and boostered against COVID‐19. While vaccination is not required, we kindly ask you disclose your status during check-in. 

Testing
Effective November 9, 2022, all travelers on U.S. sailings — regardless of vaccination status — will no longer require pre-departure testing (excludes sailings to Colombia).

Travel Reminder 
All guests should check their visa and ESTA requirements prior to our sailing. 

© 2022 Royal Caribbean International. Use of our various websites, mobile application(s), kiosks, and other digital platforms are subject to our Terms of Use.

Royal Caribbean Intl.
1050 Caribbean Way Miami, FL 33132
www.royalcaribbean.com

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

May want to improve the formatting a bit for readability.

Hit the wrong button…

U.S. Departures Visiting Haiti & Honduras

Here are our updated protocols for our U.S. departures that visit Haiti and Honduras. Should there be any changes, we are committed to keeping you informed.

Vaccination
We recommend that guests be fully vaccinated and boostered against COVID‐19. While vaccination is not required, we kindly ask you disclose your status during check-in. 

Testing
Effective November 9, 2022, all travelers on U.S. sailings — regardless of vaccination status — will no longer require pre-departure testing (excludes sailings to Colombia).

Travel Reminder 
All guests should check their visa and ESTA requirements prior to our sailing. 

© 2022 Royal Caribbean International. Use of our various websites, mobile application(s), kiosks, and other digital platforms are subject to our Terms of Use.

Royal Caribbean Intl.
1050 Caribbean Way Miami, FL 33132
www.royalcaribbean.com

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I got the email too as I'm sure most did. It seems to say no more testing from usa. I have a 10 day and hope this means no testing on 10 day or longer cruises. I hope I'm reading it right.

The way I read this, the only closed loop cruises out of the U.S. that still require testing regardless of length are those that have a port stop in Columbia.

Edited by orville99

Just now, orville99 said:

The way I read this, the only closed loop cruises out of the U.S. that still require testing are those that have a port stop in Columbia.

Lol we stop in Columbia. Well darn. Lol

Cancelled Jan  30 and  moved to march 27. Maybe it will change again. 

12 hours ago, HappyTexan44 said:

I wonder why they even want to know the vaccination status now.   Inertia, maybe?   

Me too.  I haven't pulled out the vaccination cards in months.  Do people still show them at checkin? or just answer a question in the the health questionaire?

I just looked at RCCLs website and did not see any mention of having to have any extra paperwork besides boarding pass and passport.

5 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Me too.  I haven't pulled out the vaccination cards in months.  Do people still show them at checkin? or just answer a question in the the health questionaire?

They asked at check-in (PortMiami) but don't care.

I'm not vaccinated and they asked me Oct 22 cruise "are you vaccinated?" and I said "no" and they tapped a button on the tablet, and I said "what if I said yes?" and they said "I would just touch a different button".

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Also received this email. Seems as if a test , regardless of vac stat, must be done if going to Columbia.That's not what is stated on Royal's site, nor does anyone at Royal know anything about this "emergency notification". Leaving home on Sat. for cruise on Wed. Confused!!

On 11/9/2022 at 2:30 PM, lovesthebeach2 said:

We’re on the cruise on Serenade too. Hope it changes by then 

I think, based on what I highlighted, that if you are fully vaccinated you no longer need to test on cruises that visit Columbia:

For Cruises from the U.S. and Caribbean with stops in Colombia

• Guests age 12 and up who are not fully vaccinated have 3 days to take a test before their cruise, regardless the duration of the cruise.
  • Guests under the age of 12 and fully vaccinated guests do not have have any testing requirements.

Required testing can be completed using any type of PCR or antigen COVID-19 test. It can be professionally proctored at your doctor or drugstore, or it can be a test you administer to yourself at home without supervision.

Tests must be arranged on your own and are at your own expense.

Please note: A guest is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after the required number of doses in their vaccine series have been fully administered (e.g. 2 shots of Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, etc., or 1 shot of Johnson & Johnson). Vaccines must be approved for use by the WHO or U.S. FDA, with the exception of CanSino.

• Like 1