Medallion has not arrived

habita

My cruise is next week. A couple of weeks ago I received an email from Princess saying that my medallion had been shipped, but I have not received it.  How late have you received the medallion?;"-o—

43 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I didn't get an email. I saw the status "shipped" in the app.

Yes, I finally see it on the app, but a further deep dive into the app says not shipped yet.  We plan to pick up the medallions at the pier and not worry about the shipment to our home - we'll probably be in Ft Lauderdale when they are left on our front door step - for the porch pirates!

Darcy

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SpareBrew said:

I'm also on the Nov. 19th Enchanted sailing.  Mine also says shipped in the app but I didn't get an email.  But I can see it in the USPS Informed Delivery website with the tracking number.  

where did you get the tracking number?

I got an email on Nov 5th that the medallion had shipped for our Nov 23rd cruise.  There was a tracking number and a link in the email.  BTW, the same tracking information is also available on the Princess app (kind of buried going through the "Choose your Medallion wearable" section then the "Order History" tab.

The odd part was the tracking number took me to the USPS website and showed shipped and delivered to California on Nov 4th (looks like it came out of China) but had not actually been handed off to the USPS for final delivery.  It took until Nov 9th to get into the actual USPS system.  Estimated delivery to me is now showing on Nov 15th - a week before our cruise.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ReadyToCruise2 said:

I got an email on Nov 5th that the medallion had shipped for our Nov 23rd cruise.  There was a tracking number and a link in the email.  BTW, the same tracking information is also available on the Princess app (kind of buried going through the "Choose your Medallion wearable" section then the "Order History" tab.

The odd part was the tracking number took me to the USPS website and showed shipped and delivered to California on Nov 4th (looks like it came out of China) but had not actually been handed off to the USPS for final delivery.  It took until Nov 9th to get into the actual USPS system.  Estimated delivery to me is now showing on Nov 15th - a week before our cruise.

We have the same thing happen.  They are made in China, shipped somewhere midstate CA, then shipped from there to your home address. And they seem to sit in the forwarders location for a couple days before they start moving again. 

They'll get there, or if not, it's easy to have it made when you check in.  Only issue I could see, is if you paid for an upgrade and that didn't come in time.  No idea how they'd handle that!

13 minutes ago, justafem said:

Only issue I could see, is if you paid for an upgrade and that didn't come in time.  No idea how they'd handle that!

I wouldn't think the Medallion is specifically linked to a cabin, just your overall booking.  They should do the linking between the Medallion and a cabin and any packages you may have purchased within their computer system.  Kind of the same thing they would do if you lost a Medallion on the ship and got a replacement - they would just deactivate the old Medallion and link a new one.   At least that is what I suspect they would do!

2 hours ago, ReadyToCruise2 said:

us too - see you on board (CB?)

We are sailing November 19th on Enchanted Princess. The Medallion app said our medallions were shipped a couple days ago.  I checked the status on the web version and it said to pick up at the port. I am a little disappointed.  I ordered them 2 months ago. This is our first cruise in 3 years and wanted to  have our  medallions ready to go. Atleast I know not to run to the mailbox everyday until we leave.  We just can't wait to get on that ship!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Junebug1 said:

We are sailing November 19th on Enchanted Princess. The Medallion app said our medallions were shipped a couple days ago.  I checked the status on the web version and it said to pick up at the port. I am a little disappointed.  I ordered them 2 months ago. This is our first cruise in 3 years and wanted to  have our  medallions ready to go. Atleast I know not to run to the mailbox everyday until we leave.  We just can't wait to get on that ship!!

Same here.  I ordered to come to my house and yesterday the app said they were shipped.  Today it says pick up at the port.  Oh well, its a small hiccup overall but I agree a little disappointing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/9/2022 at 11:13 AM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I didn't get an email. I saw the status "shipped" in the app.

Where in the app do you see this status?  I looked just now and didn't see a place to tell me one way or the other.

6 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Where in the app do you see this status?  I looked just now and didn't see a place to tell me one way or the other.

open app

tap on go to Ocean ready (very stubborn and unyielding)

medallion order status - now shows "pickup order at port".  Before it said "shipped". When I clicked on Order History, it still said "not shipped", but others said they could see the tracking number.

20 hours ago, Junebug1 said:

Why disappointed?   Are the medallions useful before you board?  I am loss prone and have misplaced several medallions.   They laugh and give me a new one.

PS we will pick up ours at the pier.  Lots easier.  No stress.  They will have plenty of them at checkin.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat